Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2021, 10:20 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
GS Conquest 6320 beeping noise

2018 Conquest 6320.

Every time I turn on the ignition, I get a beeping sound that last 5-8 seconds then stops.
It is coming from the Electrical control panel over the entrance door way.
Nothing is turned on.

I can't figure out what and why it is beeping.

Anyone?
DamonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2021, 06:30 AM   #2
chs

Do you have electric stabilizers or a hydraulic leveling system? There should be a sensor that lets you know that they are not up all the way. Mine is behind the wall as you enter (yeah, stupid place) Only thing is, the beeping should not stop after a few second, but if not up should stay beeping. Maybe it has a startup test mode alarm of sum sorts?
I would try raising them or lower and raise them back up to see if it stops.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:49 AM   #3
chs

Curious, Did you have it weighed before you loaded it up?
I have the 28Z model which is 30 feet long. Yours is a few feet longer with much more goodies. Since the frames have the same 14,500 lb gross vehicle weight capacity and a 22,000 combined max weight capacity, I'm curious how much weight can you load into it before you reach the limit.
My empty weight with full tank of fuel was 11,960 leaving me with 2,540 lbs of excess capacity.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:33 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs View Post
I have the 28Z model which is 30 feet long. Yours is a few feet longer with much more goodies. Since the frames have the same 14,500 lb gross vehicle weight capacity and a 22,000 combined max weight capacity, I'm curious how much weight can you load into it before you reach the limit.
My empty weight with full tank of fuel was 11,960 leaving me with 2,540 lbs of excess capacity.
It has done the beeping since I got it. All the way from CA to TX, every time I started it up, it would beep.
I had it weighted to get it registered in Texas. It weighted in at 13280 lbs.
That was before I put anything in it. I realize that I have 1220 lbs to play with.
To be honest. Im not going to worry about it. There is always a fudge factor built in and I am not going to load it up for other reasons.
There is no sense in hauling around full load of water or black and grey water when on the road. I will carry a little water to flush the toilet but I don't boon dock so why carry it?
It is 32", has two slides, leveling system so I am sure there is a lot of weight that was not indents to carry. HA, wait till I hook up a toad! The 8 mpg is gone out the window!
Thought about getting a Class A but ease of maintience and other things made me get a Class C. I for sure is not as comfortable or quiet as a Class A. I noticed the noise on the way from CA. The wind noise is crazy. Think they could do something about that.
I still happy with it and that is all that matters.
It was 81 in Dallas today and am going camping this weekend!
To all, have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Enjoy the times, tomorrow is not promised!
Live like it is your last day!!
Old 12-03-2021, 12:51 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
SWAG says TIMER for the Fuel Pump run?
Old 12-03-2021, 08:00 AM   #6
chs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonCamper View Post
It has done the beeping since I got it. All the way from CA to TX, every time I started it up, it would beep.
I had it weighted to get it registered in Texas. It weighted in at 13280 lbs.
That was before I put anything in it. I realize that I have 1220 lbs to play with.
To be honest. Im not going to worry about it. There is always a fudge factor built in and I am not going to load it up for other reasons.
There is no sense in hauling around full load of water or black and grey water when on the road. I will carry a little water to flush the toilet but I don't boon dock so why carry it?
It is 32", has two slides, leveling system so I am sure there is a lot of weight that was not indents to carry. HA, wait till I hook up a toad! The 8 mpg is gone out the window!
Thought about getting a Class A but ease of maintenance and other things made me get a Class C. I for sure is not as comfortable or quiet as a Class A. I noticed the noise on the way from CA. The wind noise is crazy. Think they could do something about that.
I still happy with it and that is all that matters.
It was 81 in Dallas today and am going camping this weekend!
To all, have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Enjoy the times, tomorrow is not promised!
Live like it is your last day!!
I would bet that the noise is the alarm to let you know that the leveling system is not all the way up. Mine did that a few time and had to press the (All up) button to push it up a little . Must have been a little air in the system, because it worked it's way out on it's own. You may have a bad or out of adjustment sensor or air in the hydraulic line/pump. Just make sure they are up before you take off.

That said, I in no way meant to say or otherwise when asking for the weights try to say you were wrong buying your unit. It's a great looking unit and you should be happy with it. I was just curious because many people buy units (B's, C's etc) and do not realize (and are not told) what is their actual weight options. Not just the total weight but what amount is leftover once the unit is built. Many buy then complain that they did not know and have no options.
Just make sure you keep an eye on the frame to make sure you do not bottom out. Even I must have at one point because I notice the other day the one of the studs holding the rear spring was cutting into the frame. I must have bounce really hard one time because there is a lot of clearance there.

That ALL said, good luck and happy times.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs View Post
I didn't know that manufacturers added alarms that indicated the rig was overweight. Seems I learn something new every day!

As far as alarm for the jacks, doesn't sound plausible since I didn't think jack alarms would go silent after just a few seconds. I know that ours beep continuously until I retract them.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:29 PM   #8
chs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
I didn't know that manufacturers added alarms that indicated the rig was overweight. Seems I learn something new every day!

As far as alarm for the jacks, doesn't sound plausible since I didn't think jack alarms would go silent after just a few seconds. I know that ours beep continuously until I retract them.
I never said they did have weight alarms. That was a different topic.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post

Well, it was the leveling system. They are electric on this model. After reading these messages, I checked it. Turned the system on, and retracted the jacks. The noise went away. Problem is, if I turn off the switch and turn it back on, it will beep at me again. I can live with that as long as I know what it is and it does stop after a few seconds. Just a reminder I guess.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:32 AM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
JUST MAKE SURE IT IS NOT A MALFUNCTION, e.g. jacks extending when should be retracted. Read a story year/so back where Class-A jack dropped while traveling, they pulled over, jack was buried in asphalt 6", left a 50-ft trench, had to be cut off by Roadside ERS.

Tags
noise