Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
arrived at bluewater key this afternoon. what a place. having the sunpass was a time saver on the FL turnpikes for sure. now to sit back and enjoy......
Have a great time. We will be there next month! Did you run into any love bugs in FL? I'm hoping they are over by the time we go.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW View Post
When you get to the Port St. Lucie area you might want to move over to the florida turnpike. Traffic on 95 is hairy at best and it ends in downtown Miami. You then have a long way to go on South Dixie Hwy (US1) to get to overseas Hwy. Lots of lights and city traffic. The turnpike ends just north of Overseas Hwy. It is a good thing you got the sunpass, as they do toll-by-plate and not toll booths. Toll by plate is quite a bit more expensive. Have a good time and drink a chilly one for me. We stay at the sugarloaf KOA every February.
OP said they got EZ Pass, last time that I was in FL they didn't accept it, you needed SunPass. Has that changed??
Old 04-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #31

EZ Pass is not accepted in Florida. You have to get a Sunpass. Rumor is that eventually it will be.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #32

My wife and I are planning to visit Key West next winter and we're looking at Boyd's near Key West. Has anyone stayed there?
eurosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we were at Bluewater last week, great spot to stay at. we did drive around and just checked out the other campgrounds down there. did stop in Boyds, location you cant beat that is for sure. out of all of them, i would rate this right behind bluewater. price wise, if you do not want a water front site, you might be able to do a better deal at bluewater.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
we were at Bluewater last week, great spot to stay at. we did drive around and just checked out the other campgrounds down there. did stop in Boyds, location you cant beat that is for sure. out of all of them, i would rate this right behind bluewater. price wise, if you do not want a water front site, you might be able to do a better deal at bluewater.
We will be at Bluewater May 15-23. Can't wait! We are spending two nights in Key Largo at a new RV park, Point of View RV Resort. Question, are the love bugs out?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
did not have any of those love bugs hit me at all. what site are you are? the weather was great, it was very breezy all week. they said the winds have been stronger than normal for the last two months. the ride down US1 was fantastic. we stayed at Vero Beach the night before. make sure you get the Sunpass, it was nice not having to go thru the booths, plus you get a small discount. we top the tanks at MM69 on the turnpike. the price gets higher the further south you go.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #36

We picked Boyd's mainly so we could park our RV and ride our bikes into town. Is there a good way to get into downtown Key West without moving the RV (no toad here) from Bluewater? I guess that would be some sort of public transportation or shuttle of some sort.
eurosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
it is a hassle, but i did see several "C" driving their rigs downtown and park for the day. riding the bikes infrom BW is 14.5 miles. plus you have all that construction going on in KW. there are a lot of places that rent scooters all over KW.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
did not have any of those love bugs hit me at all. what site are you are? the weather was great, it was very breezy all week. they said the winds have been stronger than normal for the last two months. the ride down US1 was fantastic. we stayed at Vero Beach the night before. make sure you get the Sunpass, it was nice not having to go thru the booths, plus you get a small discount. we top the tanks at MM69 on the turnpike. the price gets higher the further south you go.
I'm so happy to hear no love bugs yet. Hope those little monsters can wait until June (or not come out at all!). I cant imagine having to get those off a very tall RV. I hate heights! We are going to be in lots 8 and 16. (we are caravanning down with a friend). Those are on the canal, but look very pretty from the pictures. We are renting a car from enterprise in Marathon.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #39

Bluewater RV Park is amazing. Coming from 35 degrees to 90 degrees was just heaven.We had a little bit of rain the first night but that's still better than snow! We have a waterfront site, number 63 and the owners must be very proud, it is just gorgeous. When we first arrived and walked the site, we knew we had just rented a little piece of heaven. There is a bus into KW, Susan and I are taking it in tonight so we can do a little bar-hopping without driving. We will either catch the bus back or take a cab, which I hear is approx. $50.00. I would stay here all year if I could. No bugs yet, iguanas though.
ralphie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphb View Post
Bluewater RV Park is amazing. Coming from 35 degrees to 90 degrees was just heaven.We had a little bit of rain the first night but that's still better than snow! We have a waterfront site, number 63 and the owners must be very proud, it is just gorgeous. When we first arrived and walked the site, we knew we had just rented a little piece of heaven. There is a bus into KW, Susan and I are taking it in tonight so we can do a little bar-hopping without driving. We will either catch the bus back or take a cab, which I hear is approx. $50.00. I would stay here all year if I could. No bugs yet, iguanas though.
Wow, i can't wait! We weren't able to get a bay front site, but we did get a canal front site. I'm ready to head out now! Enjoy, how long are you there for?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Wow, i can't wait! We weren't able to get a bay front site, but we did get a canal front site. I'm ready to head out now! Enjoy, how long are you there for?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I see from an earlier post until May 8th - again, enjoy.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Have a great time. We will be there next month! Did you run into any love bugs in FL? I'm hoping they are over by the time we go.
Spent about an hour scrubbing the front end this morning. Definitely flying between Daytona and Vero Beach.