Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
avfordguy's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingsville TX
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Amy View Post
Thank you AV Ford guy.
Heater fan replaced and all works good now. We will see for how long.

However I have another question similar to my the heater question.

Traveling now and weather turned up warm. My AC now turns itself off for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes and then back on for a while. It does it sporadically.

Wen it was new it did the same thing Ford said that it had to much refrigerant in it. So they took it all out and added proper amount. (Going by work order)

Now I am not mechanically smart on the AC. Any ideas?
2 thinks that can cause ac to not cool for 2 to 3 min then start to cool, 1 suction accumulator switch that screws in behind the battery, 2 there is some debris in the system, and the "fixed orfice screen" is plugged up, the E350 450 does not use an expansion valve.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
avfordguy's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingsville TX
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Amy View Post
Thank you AV Ford guy.
Heater fan replaced and all works good now. We will see for how long.

However I have another question similar to my the heater question.

Traveling now and weather turned up warm. My AC now turns itself off for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes and then back on for a while. It does it sporadically.

Wen it was new it did the same thing Ford said that it had to much refrigerant in it. So they took it all out and added proper amount. (Going by work order)

Now I am not mechanically smart on the AC. Any ideas?
Do you mean it stops cooling and blower still runs or does the blower quit???
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:15 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
Do you mean it stops cooling and blower still runs or does the blower quit???
In my case (not the OP), the blower motor quits. Will cycle on for a few seconds and shut off. Will cycle for 5-10 miutes, depending on how hot it is in the car. Evidently it will come on and stay on.

Thanks for the help.
__________________
2018 Nexus Ghost
2016 Ford Expedition
WorldCat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:18 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 24
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
Do you mean it stops cooling and blower still runs or does the blower quit???
AV Ford Guy. When I say the air cuts off from anywhere from 30 secs to 2 minutes. That's what it does. No air flow what so ever. Even when you turn it to vent. Its like shutting it off.

Actually that's what the heater was doing.

2Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:28 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Skiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Shawnee OK
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Amy View Post
AV Ford Guy. When I say the air cuts off from anywhere from 30 secs to 2 minutes. That's what it does. No air flow what so ever. Even when you turn it to vent. Its like shutting it off.

Actually that's what the heater was doing.

sounds like it could be the blend door operation. I have a 12 expedition and have heard that the blend door operation were famous for going out. might google it and come up with something
__________________
99 Itasca, Sunflyer, ISB Cummins/Allison 36L
Skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
avfordguy's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingsville TX
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Amy View Post
AV Ford Guy. When I say the air cuts off from anywhere from 30 secs to 2 minutes. That's what it does. No air flow what so ever. Even when you turn it to vent. Its like shutting it off.

Actually that's what the heater was doing.

No it's not the blend door,they usually stick in one position, now if you loose air flow going up a hill that is different, that's a loss of vacuum to the system , blower quits, is pure electrical, 3 things in the circuit, dash switch(known for failure) resistor block, or blower motor, OR the air cooling tube for the blower is not seated 100% of the way or its plugged,not allowing cooling to the blower motor, if it is a loss of vacuum then when climbing hills it blows air out the defroster vents (safety default)
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
No it's not the blend door,they usually stick in one position, now if you loose air flow going up a hill that is different, that's a loss of vacuum to the system , blower quits, is pure electrical, 3 things in the circuit, dash switch(known for failure) resistor block, or blower motor, OR the air cooling tube for the blower is not seated 100% of the way or its plugged,not allowing cooling to the blower motor, if it is a loss of vacuum then when climbing hills it blows air out the defroster vents (safety default)
Okay, I understand. I think .When climbing I can see it happening as a safety default. However what about on straight roads? (no hills) City driving? If it was electrical, What does anyone look for? Okay double that.
2Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:49 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
avfordguy's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingsville TX
Posts: 1,603
Easy test, run engine at idle in your driveway, a/c on high cool, if everything is good you should have good airflow out of the dash vents, now leave all ac controls the same, and turn engine off, then the key back to run without starting the engine,air should blow out of dash vents for at least 3 minutes, if it goes to defrost by itself, you have a vacuum leak.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 24
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
Easy test, run engine at idle in your driveway, a/c on high cool, if everything is good you should have good airflow out of the dash vents, now leave all ac controls the same, and turn engine off, then the key back to run without starting the engine,air should blow out of dash vents for at least 3 minutes, if it goes to defrost by itself, you have a vacuum leak.
AV Fordguy; Thank you, You have been a big help

Okay, My next step would be to try your paragraph. I will let you know what happens.
2Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 24
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Amy View Post
AV Fordguy; Thank you, You have been a big help

Okay, My next step would be to try your paragraph. I will let you know what happens.
AV Fordguy.

I have not tried anything yet on the AC. I had bigger issues that arose. I was dodging a big tire piece on the road, which I did but the piece just happened to hit my hydraulic fitting on my jacks. I( would bet I couldn't do that if I tried too.) So I have been playing with that. I knew a guy that worked on hydraulic lifts for a living and he walked me through what I needed to do.

However where I'm parked it just doesn't want to stop raining. I've gone through a few disposable bunny suits.

Anyways looking at the forum their seems to be another person with an AC issue who could use a smart person like yourself.
2Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
avfordguy's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingsville TX
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Amy View Post
Okay, I understand. I think .When climbing I can see it happening as a safety default. However what about on straight roads? (no hills) City driving? If it was electrical, What does anyone look for? Okay double that.
When on flat level groundmy v10 class c at 14,000 lbs only makes about 9 to 10 Inches of mercury ( vacuum), any leak in the vacuum system will default to defrost,once the accumulator tank runs out of vacuum
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Neches, TX 77651
Posts: 167
Yep! I just got back from the Ford dealer with the same problem with my AC. I thought, at first, it was freezing up, but it turns out the the under dash doors were defaulting to defrost periodically BECAUSE the electric controller module under the dash is FAILING...Needs to be replaced. They should cover it under warranty because you have ALREADY complained about this problem...Good luck!
__________________
Pete and Mary
2019 Entegra Esteem 30X
2016 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dash, heat, heater



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whirlpool washer turns on lights flash then turns off SuzzyQ Entegra Owner's Forum 17 06-21-2015 07:46 AM
Headlights go off then on then off Dave Killey Newmar Owner's Forum 8 03-24-2015 10:02 AM
Hot water, then cold, then hot, then cold VACMAN Newmar Owner's Forum 4 05-26-2009 09:48 AM
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY A Dogs Purpose Jayco1 RV'ing with Pets 3 07-05-2007 03:46 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.