Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2020, 04:26 PM   #1

Help me find a used Class C with these items, please

Hello!

After months of research and prep I'm ready to buy. I'd like to get one between now and mid-April. I need help navigating the used RV sites to winnow down to the set of features I want. I think if I could get a few model names, that'd be easier.

Could you help me with suggested models/years? And sources? I'm in Chicago but can travel for the right one.

Budget is $10K to $30K. I'm thinking a 2002 to 2016 model. The ones that look like they may work are Winnebagos, Coachmen Leprechauns, and Forest Rivers.

Must haves: 25 to 30 feet, slide in living area, gas engine, overhead bunk, full/queen bed in back (or twins that can convert), dinette (pref on passenger side) opposite a couch or recliners in front, split bath, generator, good shape (no lamination or mold/water damage).

Prefer: Knee room in bathroom, bathroom sink counter top and medicine cabinet, medium/large fridge, ducted air, double-sink with top, counter area in kitchen, solar-equipped or ready, rear camera, tow hitch (for later dinghy towing), microwave, autolevelers

Thanks so much for any suggestions!
amc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2020, 07:49 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Have you looked at the selection on PPL's website?

You can get an idea of floor plans, features and prices there.

Then you can do a web search for the one you like.

Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:11 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Go to rvtrader.com and search for Bigfoot under Class C. I was looking for a 27-30’ before going to a class a. They’re pretty nice.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #4

With the exception of Solar equipped/ready and the Auto levels, you are describing our 2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B. Floorplan probably available for a few years on either side of 2006. If I can find the link on the new Winnebago website, I will post it.

Ken
Oh, mine is Not for sale at this time, after 13 years, still very happy with it.

file:///C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local...-bro%20(1).pdf
Kenny Loney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
Have you looked at the selection on PPL's website?

You can get an idea of floor plans, features and prices there.
PPL's website? Not sure what you mean.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Loney View Post
With the exception of Solar equipped/ready and the Auto levels, you are describing our 2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B. Floorplan probably available for a few years on either side of 2006. If I can find the link on the new Winnebago website, I will post it.

Wow, did a quick search, you're right! Cool!
Old 03-04-2020, 11:35 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I would also contact your local dealers & let them know what you're looking for. If they know you are serious, they'll do much of the leg work for you.

When we were looking for our DP, I had contacts at the 4 closest to us. They'd let me know if they had or would have something coming in that met my requirements. One came through for us & we ended up with our Phaeton.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:21 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc123 View Post
PPL's website? Not sure what you mean.
www.pplmotorhomes.com

Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #9

Ken, welp you did it! LOL. I found a 2006 model, talked to the broker, made an offer, it was accepted, sent in 10% deposit to escrow (fully refundable). WOO HOO!!!!! It’s about a 3 hour drive from me, I’m arranging an independent inspector and I’ll try to meet him/her there.

Suggestions for questions to ask/ things to look out for, especially about this model? It looks well taken care of.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #10

Great, thanks for the update.
Let us know how the inspection goes.

Ken
Kenny Loney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc123 View Post
Ken, welp you did it! LOL. I found a 2006 model, talked to the broker, made an offer, it was accepted, sent in 10% deposit to escrow (fully refundable). WOO HOO!!!!! It’s about a 3 hour drive from me, I’m arranging an independent inspector and I’ll try to meet him/her there.

Suggestions for questions to ask/ things to look out for, especially about this model? It looks well taken care of.
It's great that your deposit is refundable. My wife and I have looked at 50 or more MH's in the last 3 weekends. Many are average condition and look better than average in the pics. Some of them we eliminate before we make it to the top of the steps. You definitely need to see/smell the MH IMO. Very few are in great condition.
Good luck and keep us informed.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:58 AM   #12

Thank you! I'm trying not to think of it as a done deal, right now it's a pig in a poke since I haven't seen it in person. I plan on getting out there soon, trying to coordinate an inspection.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:10 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Loney View Post
Great, thanks for the update.
Let us know how the inspection goes.

Ken
Ken, we're about 2/3 done with the inspection now. I have a few questions and if you're around would appreciate your take on these, seeing as how you own the same model.

1. Tires are old, from 2012, and the spare is from 2005. Have any idea how much tires would cost?

2. The inspector showed me a soft spot on the floor between the shower and and bathroom, right next to the bedroom. The seller (has owned it 3 years) says he had it checked it out and the RV repair place told him it was structural (lack of support underneath) and not water damage. My guy says that's possible, it does sound "squeaky" like an old wood floor, and not spongy or crunchy.

3. There is some delamination ... wavy area ... under the front cap, on the left, and the inspector suspects other spots under many of the storage areas outside because of how they sound when you knock on them. Would this be a dealbreaker?

I don't know if I'd find any older Class C in my price range (around $25K) without some of these issues. I could negotiate lower, I think, regarding the tires. Thoughts?

AM
Old 03-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I guess I would be tempted to verify the soft floor. There's plenty of room to get under A Class C and watch while someone jumps up and down on the floor.

Delam can be pretty serious IMO. It can also be taken care of DIY in many cases. I watched a video by RV with Tito (if I remember right). It was a big project but he did it.

Only you can decide if this is worth the money.

Good luck!

edit; I found the delam video;
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, ems