Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hi Class C Members

Just wanted to say hi as I'm a newbie. Just purchased a new 2012 Itasca Navion IQ. I've never RV'd before, so am anticipating having lots of questions to post in the future. I love this site!

Does anyone else have a Navion IQ? Would love to hear what you think of it and any experiences and/or suggestions you may have to pass on to a new owner. I'm a single female in northern California and will have a lot to learn.

Look forward to hearing from you.
monik7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
welcome to the gang! nice looking rig, but sorry, i dont have one. hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

enjoy the toys!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Hello.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #4

Nice looking coach. Best of luck and enjoy your travels! Jim
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4MBG View Post
welcome to the gang! nice looking rig, but sorry, i dont have one. hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

enjoy the toys!
We almost bought a 1999 Minnie Winnie but bought a 1999 Coachman Leprachan.

Now we just have to figure out how it all works. Looks nice in the driveway. LOL
GrammieRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #6

Welcome! I am also new to the group, but have RV'd for about 5 years. I absolutely love it! What a nice looking camper. Good luck with it. I have a Tioga Class C but I am considering upgrading to a newer camper. I'm hoping to get some feed back from the community about whether a Tioga or Jacyo Greyhawk is a better RV. If anyone knows please advise. Thanks much.. Have a blast with the Itasca!!! DM
Donna Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new RV. You will love the Itasca, we find ours to be very well made.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawgs
Hi,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new RV. You will love the Itasca, we find ours to be very well made.
Todd
Hey Todd. Haven't heard from any other Itasca owners. I checked out the Cambria but felt it was a little too big for what I needed. The Navion IQ fits the bill perfectly. Glad to hear you're happy with yours and it looks great. Have you taken it any interesting places? Happy RVing!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by monik7 View Post
Hey Todd. Haven't heard from any other Itasca owners. I checked out the Cambria but felt it was a little too big for what I needed. The Navion IQ fits the bill perfectly. Glad to hear you're happy with yours and it looks great. Have you taken it any interesting places? Happy RVing!!!
Hi monick7,
That is funny, we checked ouy the Navion's and thought they were a bit small for us. So far the coolest trip for us was the International fireworks competion at La Ronde in Montreal last year. If you like fireworks shows, this is the best there is. The best rv park was Wells Beach Resort in Wells Maine. We don't see many Itasca's and have never seen another Cambria outside of the dealers lot. We have seen a lot of the Navion's while on the road, they seem to be very popular.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Old 07-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Just wanted to say hi as I'm a newbie. Just purchased a new 2012 Itasca Navion IQ. I've never RV'd before, so am anticipating having lots of questions to post in the future. I love this site! Careful monik7, this site can become addictive! Yeah, I love it too. The folks on here have offered me a ton of information.

Does anyone else have a Navion IQ? Would love to hear what you think of it and any experiences and/or suggestions you may have to pass on to a new owner. I'm a single female in northern California and will have a lot to learn.
Although I wanted the IQ, my wife liked the Navion with the queen sized bed over the cockpit. She envisions many trips with the grandchildren. Yeah, right! We'll be lucky if we get them even one weekend this summer. I wanted the IQ, I liked the aerodynamics of it plus, I thought it looked sharper, as yours definitely does. One things for sure, there is so much to learn when owning these MH's. For instance, now I have to look for a surge protector. Everyone on here swears by one and I don't doubt that they know what they are talking about. So that's going to be my nest purchase. It is prudent to protect what we spent so much $$$ on.
Look forward to hearing from you.
You just did. I have tried to go to the Winnebago/ Itasca topic on this forum but sometimes it can be slow to have new threads added.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase
You just did. I have tried to go to the Winnebago/ Itasca topic on this forum but sometimes it can be slow to have new threads added.
Hi Horizonchase:

Your rig looks great. I'm finding that there's something new everyday that I need to spend money on. Now you're saying I need a surge protector? Where does it need to be installed?

You're right, this site is so great to get help and information.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawgs
Hi monick7,
That is funny, we checked ouy the Navion's and thought they were a bit small for us. So far the coolest trip for us was the International fireworks competion at La Ronde in Montreal last year. If you like fireworks shows, this is the best there is. The best rv park was Wells Beach Resort in Wells Maine. We don't see many Itasca's and have never seen another Cambria outside of the dealers lot. We have seen a lot of the Navion's while on the road, they seem to be very popular.
Todd
I've only seen one Cambria and it was in the dealer lot. I haven't seen any other Navions yet, but I've only had mine for a little less than 2 months. Seems like a lot of people on this site are in Massachusetts. At least very many that I've looked to see where they're located have said MA. I'm in northern California. One trip I'd like to make is to Gettysburg next year for the 150th anniversary. But it seems awfully far. Don't know if I'll make it.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Horizonchase:

Your rig looks great. I'm finding that there's something new everyday that I need to spend money on. Now you're saying I need a surge protector? Where does it need to be installed?

You're right, this site is so great to get help and information.
Thank you. It is our baby step into the world of RVing. This type fit the bill for us. The TT didn't work out to well. The DW didn't care for it. I actually liked it but it was nearly impossible to back into the pole barn between the house and the shed. With the 24' Itasca I can now do that.
I wish I could tell you definitively how to install the surge protector. I thought it would just be plug and play, so to speak but now I'm not sure. I'll figure it out.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I've only seen one Cambria and it was in the dealer lot. I haven't seen any other Navions yet, but I've only had mine for a little less than 2 months. Seems like a lot of people on this site are in Massachusetts. At least very many that I've looked to see where they're located have said MA. I'm in northern California. One trip I'd like to make is to Gettysburg next year for the 150th anniversary. But it seems awfully far. Don't know if I'll make it.
Hi monik7,
Our last RV trip was to Gettysburg. We love all that living history stuff and have traveled to all the the Civil War battlefields on the east coast. This was the first battlefield trip in the Cambria, all the others were in our old pop up Shasta. If you do make it there We found the Gettysburg KOA to be the nicest KOA that we have stayed at so far.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS