Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by john in ohio View Post
We have owned our 2010 Born Free 22RSK since Oct of 2020. I continue to be amazed at the build quality of this coach. Fortunatly this unit has been garage kept since new. Most people think it is brand new. No particle board used anywhere, mostly 3/4 inch plywood, including the roof and the floor. The floor is fiberglass top and bottom with a plywood core. I just can't say enough good about the Born Free line.
John U
We own a 2006 Born Free 26RSB, they really do have amazing build quality. Second to none.
Pete1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2021, 02:11 PM   #58

If you are looking for a Class”C” with the Quality you have in your Present coach, Stop looking because they Do Not make them with that much Quality anymore..
Florida Rang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Rang View Post
If you are looking for a Class”C” with the Quality you have in your Present coach, Stop looking because they Do Not make them with that much Quality anymore..
It does seem that many of the coach manufactures which are publically traded, their quality tends to degrade over time for greater profit margins to keep their investors happy.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:51 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelm130 View Post
I'm in the same boat and am downsizing. There seems to be a lot of good choices. My question is what is it like getting the different chassis' serviced? At the respected dealerships I'm sure but how do they treat RVs mucking up their shop

Here are the ones I know of:

Mercedes Benz

Ford 350/450 Transit

Dodge Promaster

Chevrolet - Some Jaycos
The main problem is having the truck lift. Most don't have it. Plus the RV builders do so much wiring after the chassis is built most dealers don't want the nightmare that of and electrical problem because so much is added and not neatly.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:08 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
We downsized last year from a 2008 Newmar Moutain Aire 45 footer to a 2006 Dyamax Dynaquest 32 footer. Yes we miss the huge amount of space but there is a lot I don't miss.
Better fuel mileage, easy to work on, no problem parking any where, insurance is half price, tax half price, my wife can drive it easily!
It takes getting used to carrying less stuff.....but less is more!

Nomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:51 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCnDTown View Post
Though not a "C" but a Super C since you currently have a DP that is older you may want to take a look at an older 2005-2011 Pre FR Dynamax Dynaquest. My 06 260ST is a tad under 27ft long, has over a 5000 CCC, CAT7 engine,Freightliner M2 106 Chassis, and has a tow capacity of 12 to 14k pounds. Inside has granite counters with real wood cabinetry. FR bought out Dynamax in 2011 and some including myself believe they were better made when Dynamax was their own entity. MSRP for their smallest RV which I have was $189k back in 2006 as they are what were considered higher end in quality competing with the higher class A's.

I had one just like that as my second RV. Loved everything about it. Had power to spare. Just hated the blow up bed. Awesome machines and agree with everything you said
Vongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:45 AM   #63

Agree about the bed being somewhat of an annoyance being a sofa bed. Though with the size of the RV it helps to safe inside space. If you are referring to bed quality I swapped mine out for a combo coil and air mattress and It is actually quite comfortable. Though may still eventually look to sell the RV and move up to a 30 or 32 foot dynaquest just to have both beds because I am with someone who has young grandchildren who she wants to take along. The 264 is really only meant for two people to sleep comfortably on the bed.
JCnDTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, quality