Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2021, 08:12 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billw1448 View Post
I have been looking at Class B+ Motorhomes with the Ford Transit 350HD Chassis, such as:
2021 Coachman Beyond 22D,
2021 Coachman Cross Trek 23XG,
2021 Thor Compass 23TE.
Does anyone have input on any of the units ?
Our B+ (or C, depending upon how you classify them) is on a 2018 Ford Transit 350 HD chassis, although it is a diesel, not a gasser. Some comments:

1) The ride is excellent - smooth, comfortable and the vehicle handles very well,

2) The tow weight is a bit light, with, I believe, the new models having something close to a 4000 pound tow capacity, but I don't know if you plan to pull a toad,

3) The dual rear wheel version holds the road very well when trucks are passing and I feel much less sway than I did with my previous 4 wheel RV,

4) Our local Ford dealer does the service work, and that saves us quite a bit compared to the cost of normal MB service,

5) Parts are available without much hassle and we have seldom had to wait much for chassis service while the MB dealer in this area sometimes has long waits for service and parts.

6) We generally drive at about 62-64 mph to save fuel, but it also gets a bit noisy if we go much faster than that.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #72

I have a 2019 Coachmen Freelander 21QB 24' class C on E350 with V10. I logged all miles and gas for the 1st 10k miles. Trips from Michigan to Florida and to West coast. Millage 9.1mpg average gas price $2.75gal.
bjastifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:15 PM   #73

Our 2021 Integra Odyssey 24B is a 27' Class C on E450 chassis with the 7.3 liter V8. We average 8.5 MPG driving 5 MPH over speed limit and not towing.
OldJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:29 PM   #74

Well I just bought a 2021 BT Crustier 5240, its 25 foot long and weights 10,000 pounds empty, I drove it back from Salt Lake to Las Vegas towing a 4000 pound Tacoma and got nearly 10 mpg with wind most of the way.

I suspect not towing and good weather I could get 10 to 11 mpg easy, maybe 12 driving 55 mph..

The 7.3 with the 6 speed stayed in 6th gear 95 percent of the time..

Much better mpg than I thought
jackreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:58 AM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreno View Post
Well I just bought a 2021 BT Crustier 5240, its 25 foot long and weights 10,000 pounds empty, I drove it back from Salt Lake to Las Vegas towing a 4000 pound Tacoma and got nearly 10 mpg with wind most of the way.

I suspect not towing and good weather I could get 10 to 11 mpg easy, maybe 12 driving 55 mph..

The 7.3 with the 6 speed stayed in 6th gear 95 percent of the time..

Much better mpg than I thought

Just curious. Where did you purchase your BT Cruiser? Did you order or was it on the lot? They are nice units. Thank you
Old 01-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
Just curious. Where did you purchase your BT Cruiser? Did you order or was it on the lot? They are nice units. Thank you
Parris RV in Murray Utah, they just received it on there lot this week, I got this out the door for $75,000, however I do got to pay Nevada sells tax.

It has just the right amount of extra options that I wanted expect the electric levelers, I can get those installed anywhere when I think I will need it.

They have others on there lot still, none are the full body paint and that's ok with me I am removing the vinyl stripes and just going with a clean simple look.

So far the BT Cruiser is a average quality RV, it does need a few simple repairs to make it perfect, I am going to be sound proofing to bring the noise down in the rear of the RV, its not to noisy expect when its windy while driving, I do like the 7.3 V-8 with the 6 speed, it has plenty of extra power and never lugs even towing my 4000 pound Tacoma behind.

Also my rig needs the Sumo springs in back to help support the leaf springs and help the sway, its not over loaded, has 1950 pounds extra carrying weight but it still needs some help in back, I think the Sumo springs will be all it needs.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:02 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjastifer View Post
I have a 2019 Coachmen Freelander 21QB 24' class C on E350 with V10. I logged all miles and gas for the 1st 10k miles. Trips from Michigan to Florida and to West coast. Millage 9.1mpg average gas price $2.75gal.
We have the 2018 version of that same camper. 13K miles. Worst MPG 6.5, best 9.5. Overall, 8.2.
We pull a Jeep Gladiator.

The most significant improvement is the URVP tune to keep the transmission from constantly hunting gears.

I would recommend a "tune" to any V-10 owner. Either the URVP or 5Star. Not necessarily for MPG, but for drivability.
Glennabbott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:37 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennabbott1 View Post
We have the 2018 version of that same camper. 13K miles. Worst MPG 6.5, best 9.5. Overall, 8.2.

The most significant improvement is the URVP tune to keep the transmission from constantly hunting gears.

I would recommend a "tune" to any V-10 owner. Either the URVP or 5Star. Not necessarily for MPG, but for drivability.
On my Bounder with the V-10 and 5 speed trans it to needed the 5 star tune so it would shift better but the 7.3 with the 6 speed it needs nothing, almost perfect as it is..
Old 01-25-2021, 06:19 PM   #79

E450 mileage

Bought 2021 minnie winnie in iowa drove it home to michigan. ford 7.3 , got 9.3 MPG in expressway driving. just my wife and myself no fluids or cargo. But i was very happy with the fuel economy considering a motor with no miles yet and lot of decelerating and hard accelerating around Chicago. definitly no lack of power for 27ft rig.
minnietour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #80

Got you beat - my Cummins ISL reads 9999.9 mpg in the same coasting circumstance; If only the map of the USA could be tilted accordingly on a per trip basis .... coast to coast to coast to coast on a single gallon, with enough reserve buffer to do it another 149 times. Also a good way to find out if any of these big diesels really are "million mile engines" on one tank of fuel. But sadly, as my parents used to say, it's uphill in both directions with a headwind in horizontal blowing snow; slide the decimal point significantly leftward.
zippinbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:32 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreno View Post
Parris RV in Murray Utah, they just received it on there lot this week, I got this out the door for $75,000, however I do got to pay Nevada sells tax.

It has just the right amount of extra options that I wanted expect the electric levelers, I can get those installed anywhere when I think I will need it.

They have others on there lot still, none are the full body paint and that's ok with me I am removing the vinyl stripes and just going with a clean simple look.

So far the BT Cruiser is a average quality RV, it does need a few simple repairs to make it perfect, I am going to be sound proofing to bring the noise down in the rear of the RV, its not to noisy expect when its windy while driving, I do like the 7.3 V-8 with the 6 speed, it has plenty of extra power and never lugs even towing my 4000 pound Tacoma behind.

Also my rig needs the Sumo springs in back to help support the leaf springs and help the sway, its not over loaded, has 1950 pounds extra carrying weight but it still needs some help in back, I think the Sumo springs will be all it needs.
First of all.....Congratulations on your purchase!

If your tail is not sagging, instead I would consider replacing the rear and front stabilizer bars with heavy duty versions. Helwig and Roadmaster and two well known brands, Helwig being much cheaper. That will affordably help with your sway, and without increasing the harshness of your ride. You don't want to "jolt" your house more than it is gets already. That is how seams split and cabinets start coming loose off your walls.

If your BT Cruiser has a 158" wheel base, and you weigh each axle, you may find that your front axle is carry very little weight, and your rear axle is near capacity. This means you have so much margin up front that your front is "jolting" excessively from the overly stiff front coil springs. It sounds radical, but it really isn't, to replace your front coil springs with the next lower-rated ones. CLICK HERE to get to my write-up and results after doing just as I described.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
First of all.....Congratulations on your purchase!

If your tail is not sagging, instead I would consider replacing the rear and front stabilizer bars with heavy duty versions. Helwig and Roadmaster and two well known brands, Helwig being much cheaper. That will affordably help with your sway, and without increasing the harshness of your ride. You don't want to "jolt" your house more than it is gets already. That is how seams split and cabinets start coming loose off your walls.

If your BT Cruiser has a 158" wheel base, and you weigh each axle, you may find that your front axle is carry very little weight, and your rear axle is near capacity. This means you have so much margin up front that your front is "jolting" excessively from the overly stiff front coil springs. It sounds radical, but it really isn't, to replace your front coil springs with the next lower-rated ones. CLICK HERE to get to my write-up and results after doing just as I described.
Yes its the 158 inch wheel base 12500 GVWR chassis E-350

It does sag a little [not much maybe 1/2 inch] in back but after filling the water tank that is located in the back [42 gallons] it sags a little more, that's why I am going with the 1500 lb light duty sumo springs I just ordered.

I don't think that would make my ride that much harder, I will start here 1st and see how it goes, maybe Gulfstream that makes the BT Cruiser should have used the E-450 chassis, but that is the RV manufactories always going for the cheap.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:40 PM   #83

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennabbott1 View Post
We have a 25’ Forest River Forester Class C with the 7.3 V8. We’re probably right about at this mileage and pulling a Wrangler Sahara. I keep mostly at the speed limit and no jack rabbit starts.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:52 PM   #84

2018 Tiffin Wayfarer TW w/Sprinter 3500.
On our inaugural trip to Fla we’re getting 13-14 according to dash computer. Will check manually over next couple fill ups, but not unhappy considering we run 70 on interstate.
BlueRidgeTim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c