Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2021, 07:18 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
How to sell my 2022 Thor Class C

any recommendation on where I can post my 2022 Thor freedom elite 22HE Slightly used unit it is immaculate everything works still under factory warranty fireman own /taken care of !!! thankyou
Fattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Irv2’s free classifieds would be a good place.
Old 11-21-2021, 07:26 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
perfect thankyou
Old 11-22-2021, 08:07 AM   #4

RVtrader, RVT are 2 widely used national sites. Try Facebook marketplace, free but it's FB. I'd avoid sites like pops RV, or other "help you sell it" sites. Search selling tips on this site and others and get great pictures, stage the RV like a good dealer does, and clean it up. No pictures of fido or fluffy or dirty underwear in the corner. Be surprised what you see in crappy ads.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattner View Post
any recommendation on where I can post my 2022 Thor freedom elite 22HE Slightly used unit it is immaculate everything works still under factory warranty fireman own /taken care of !!! thankyou
Biggest question from prospective buyers (let alone myself)…….why?
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:21 AM   #6

2022 thor 22he

hi, looked at floor plan, might be a hare sell corner bed and no slide out..limited prospective buyers, but good luck and wish you well.
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
hi, looked at floor plan, might be a hare sell corner bed and no slide out..limited prospective buyers....
Actually I feel quite the opposite. I think it's a rare unit, hard to find for people like me who appreciate the shorted length and no-slide, a no nonsense unit for a family of 4....perfect!
Ron Dittmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:17 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
life changes my friend
Old 11-23-2021, 08:25 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I never got a response from RVT and RV Trader ads. Craigslist draws scam artist and low ballers without even seeing the RV. I had the best response from taking the RV to PPL (large consignment dealer) in Houston.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:16 AM   #10

I like using Craigslist, eBay, and Autotrader together when selling vehicles, but it requires being very smart with your replies to inquiries. Most are phishers with a quick reply "Do you still have (followed by your title)?" or other stupid replies like "I want it, still available?".

My ads include specific details on how to reply to me. Anyone truly interested will ask detailed questions and/or call you. Just delete all other replies.

People who bought a vehicle from me, say to me that they seen my cars on all 3 sites along with all my details, which made them comfortable contacting me. They too often connected with scam-sellers. The problem runs for both buyers and sellers.

I advise to place your motorhome on all 3 with lots of details and a means for legitimate contact. A phone call is rarely the initial contact. Most legit buyers will start with a text message or email to feel me out, then we talk on the phone.

It goes without saying to include many great pictures, inside and outside. Don't be sloppy. Spend the time because pictures sell. Step back and take outside shots from a distance zoomed in like I DID HERE. I was 50 to 70 feet away taking many of those pictures.

Taking pictures close up gets you the distorted fisheye look seen here which makes the rig ugly.

Compared to this picture I took of my rig from a distance using my Samsung S7 phone.

Drive your rig to a large parking lot like at a mall for example. Stand 50 to 70 feet away and take your pictures from that distance all around the rig. If using a cell phone zooming in, keep in-mind of the loss of picture quality. You might have to stand a little closer then. Holding the camera up high or using a 6' step ladder can change angles nicely.

Contrary to popular belief, a cloudy day will provide "MUCH" better results than a sunny day. It greatly reduces the contrast between light and dark portions of the pictures and eliminates all shadows that do the pictures harm.
Ron Dittmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:09 PM   #11

We sold our no slide corner bed 2018 in less than 1 week on FB marketplace for slightly more than we paid for it 3 years ago. Take good pics inside and out. Good luck.
Glennabbott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Be aware that the coach warranty does not transfer (unless Thor changed their policy). The chassis warranty does, as do the individual component warranties (fridge, AC’s, furnace, etc.)

Good luck with the sale. It’s a good time to be selling.

Regards,

Randy
groswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I never got a response from RVT and RV Trader ads. Craigslist draws scam artist and low ballers without even seeing the RV. I had the best response from taking the RV to PPL (large consignment dealer) in Houston.

Ken
I've bought and sold a number of various vehicles over the years and used a variety of venues. craigslist has become the venue of the scams unfortunately plus in some categories it's no longer free. It also is the hangout of dealers around the country. I no longer use CL. I hate FB but the marketplace is far better than CL. At least people on FB are supposed to be verified and and actual people. I got plenty of responses from RVtrader and RVT. About 3x the responses on RVtrader vs RVT. Plenty of lowball offers that are easy to ignore or tell pound sand. Plenty of "help me sell it" responses. but enough legitimate responses to sell it.

With any ad a seller has to write a good ad to get good responses. Great pictures, vehicle staged like a open house in a subdivision, clean vehicle, no fido pictures or ashtrays. There are plenty of articles advising how to do that. In spite of the availability of free advice, you see plenty of crappy listings. I saw one recently for am higher end super C that were out now focus, lens of the camera filthy and spotted, horror lighting, etc. And they'll wonder why he/she isn't getting an instant sale. Oh and "fantasy pricing".
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:25 AM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattner View Post
I don't think you can beat POPSRV.com

Seller has no cost and goes nation wide.

Just purchased my Conquest thru them and it went like clockwork.
DamonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, free, sell, thor