Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #1

HWH levelers

Dewinterizing my 2005 fleetwood tioga 31w and I cannot get the HWH biaxis levelers to retract. They appear to be 200 series in looking at the control panel. The control panel lights showing jacks deployed and flashes blue when I press store, but nothing happens. I cannot hear the pump running. I checked and there is power to the main line to the pump. I tried tapping lightly on the motor with a hammer. So it appears the problem is between the control panel and the solenoid . Any ideas would be appreciated
mdscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #2

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdscully View Post
Dewinterizing my 2005 fleetwood tioga 31w and I cannot get the HWH biaxis levelers to retract. They appear to be 200 series in looking at the control panel. The control panel lights showing jacks deployed and flashes blue when I press store, but nothing happens. I cannot hear the pump running. I checked and there is power to the main line to the pump. I tried tapping lightly on the motor with a hammer. So it appears the problem is between the control panel and the solenoid . Any ideas would be appreciated
I have two stuck HWH levelers and have decided that I am going the easy, inexpensive route. I am going to turn them into manual devices.

https://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguid...veling-system/
Old 04-08-2018, 11:44 PM   #3

Go to the green search box and put in "Az Pete" and you will find many threads with his information. He works for HWH and can help you troubleshoot it.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:28 AM   #4
Commercial Member

mdscully. call me at 1-602-549-3638. i can help. i work for hwh.
if you have a touch panel, you have either a 325 or 625 leveling system. do you have kick down or straight acting jacks? i can provide a service manual for both.
the pump motor does not run when retracting the jacks. only the solenoid valves open to allow fluid to return to the tank.
call me. paul maddox
i work for hwh. i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
mdscully. call me at 1-602-549-3638. i can help. i work for hwh.
if you have a touch panel, you have either a 325 or 625 leveling system. do you have kick down or straight acting jacks? i can provide a service manual for both.
the pump motor does not run when retracting the jacks. only the solenoid valves open to allow fluid to return to the tank.
call me. paul maddox
i work for hwh. i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
I have gotten great advice from Paul; you can trust him.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:03 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Hello Paul,
I was just researching issue with HWH jack system. (325).
I recently sent the control box to factory and they fixed and checked it all out.
But now it seems every time I go to retract jacks, nothing happens. Then I re-set system and it works. An RV guy told me how: turn key on...hold down 4 down buttons...turn system on. This does work so far, but what's wrong that it needs to be reset every time?
Any ideas?
Thanks so much!
Dawn (Bajasoon)
Bajasoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #7

Well I solved the problem. It was a blown fuse underneath the house by the pump. I want to thank azpete for his valuable help. He provided me with the correct manual and responded to all my email, pointing me in the right direction. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It’s camping time!

Mark
mdscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:45 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Paul,
If you see this, this is Dawn (Bajasoon). I posted earlier and I did try to call that # but did not get through.
Since, I've had a death in the family and have not yet tried again, but would like to talk to you now that things have settled down. Is that 602 549 3638 # correct? When is a good time to call?
My issue is with having to "re set" the system each time to raise the jacks. The control box was sent to factory and back and the issue at that time was remedied. (It was not getting a ground).
Any ideas what to look for that makes it need to be re set each time?
Thanks, again,
Dawn
Old 05-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #9
Commercial Member

i would recheck the ground outside the box, or the pin in the harness connector. many times the pin in the connector is not seated correctly.
that is what ive found in a lot of cases. check the connector to make sure that wire has a ground reading on it. maybe run a new ground wire?
you will need a service manual to locate that wire in the connector. manuals are available on the hwh website, or if you can tell me what system you have, i can email you one.

how long ago did you send the box in? it may be the box again.
if i dont answer, please leave a message, and your number. i get lots of hangups. i do answer messages.
1-602-549-3638 or pfmaddox@att.net

paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:05 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks, Paul,
Yes, I do have the manual and will look for that connector this weekend.
I sent the box in around Feb. this year. Sent it in from Baja, Mex. and got it back in about 4 weeks.
It's a holiday weekend coming up so actually may be into next week, but I'll let you know how it goes. I'll need to get another person up here!

Thanks, again, for helping all of us!
Dawn

Tags
hwh, levelers