Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2015, 06:28 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanha Pieru View Post
Good info here on this, thanks.
We have similar problem ('02 Winne Journey DL), started leveling when the unit quit; got jacks up but no action to get slides in. A mobile RV repair guy happened to be in the area and checked it out, found same results we already thought we had. Power to the pump unit and lights come on for the leveling control panel but nothing happens when we run switches. We checked the fuses by the pump unit and in the control box that is located under the dash on the firewall. (DUMB location) almost impossible to access.

Anyway, we need to manually retract the slides to go to repair shop. I'm struggling to identify which valves to open for which slide. I can see all of them but no idea as to which ones go where. I know the jacks have the ones with the t-handle valves. Can I open all 4 with the 1/4" nut and retract slides, than close all again after slides are in?

Thanks for any assistance.
Give Winnebago support a call with your coach SN in hand or email them with the SN and ask what model HWH system you have. Then go to the HWH site and download what you need to id which valve is for what. The HWH site is a bit hard to search through. Also, check in your book bag. You may already have what you need.

Winnebago: (800) 537-1885 / or@winnebagoind.com (from their website.)

HWH: HWH Customer Service

Hope this gets you back on the road. A visit to HWH seems like a good vacation spot to plan next. But Moscow, Iowa may be under snow now. Which is worse?

Look forward to your updates

Rick Y
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 07:54 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Good info here on this, thanks.
We have similar problem ('02 Winne Journey DL), started leveling when the unit quit; got jacks up but no action to get slides in. A mobile RV repair guy happened to be in the area and checked it out, found same results we already thought we had. Power to the pump unit and lights come on for the leveling control panel but nothing happens when we run switches. We checked the fuses by the pump unit and in the control box that is located under the dash on the firewall. (DUMB location) almost impossible to access.

Anyway, we need to manually retract the slides to go to repair shop. I'm struggling to identify which valves to open for which slide. I can see all of them but no idea as to which ones go where. I know the jacks have the ones with the t-handle valves. Can I open all 4 with the 1/4" nut and retract slides, than close all again after slides are in?

Thanks for any assistance.
My situation is very similar to yours. If you feel inclined to troubleshoot it yourself, you can download the service manual for your HWH model on their website. It has troubleshooting steps that may enable you to narrow down yor problem. Mine is likely to be a bad control box, based on certain LED's that are not active. My control box is in the generator compartment, which is also controlled by the HWH. I had to disconnect the hydraulic cylinder to open the slide and gain access to the control box.

azpete is a HWH rep and participates on this website. He list his phone number on several of his posts. If you look him up, you will find it.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
HWH Hydraulics motor issue resolved

Well thanks to everyone here and on other internet postings, we got the issue resolved. Took the motor off and it was Dead. First rapair place does not work on Hydraulics, second one said the parts are obsolete. Finally talked to a Winnebago rep who gave me the part#. Than got hold of 3Ts RV Products in Havasu city, they had the motor in stock. Nice People there, will go back when we have an issue again. Took about 10 minutes to put it on and it works fine. I will take the old one home and see if it can be rebuilt for a spare.
Thanks to all who had helpful hints, other links and postings thereon .
Old 03-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Well thanks to everyone here and on other internet postings, we got the issue resolved. Took the motor off and it was Dead. First rapair place does not work on Hydraulics, second one said the parts are obsolete. Finally talked to a Winnebago rep who gave me the part#. Than got hold of 3Ts RV Products in Havasu city, they had the motor in stock. Nice People there, will go back when we have an issue again. Took about 10 minutes to put it on and it works fine. I will take the old one home and see if it can be rebuilt for a spare.
Thanks to all who had helpful hints, other links and postings thereon .
Happy trails again .

Yours is the first motor I have heard go bad. So glad your found the problem and a GOOD place to get it fixed. Enjoy your travels.

Rick Y
Old 04-04-2015, 05:22 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Manual retract attempt

One other issue with this; we tried to use the winch that is provided.
TOTAL failure, we only move it 3/4 of an inch. The valves were open and we had about 8 people pushing and rocking the slide from the outside. We applied so much pressure to the winch that we collapsed the spool against the frame!
I was waiting for that strap under the sofa to break but it held.
Theory: I think that the angle the flat floor slide has to overcome when it starts to move is just too much to overcome, plus the strap the winch pulls on is attached to the far edge of the slide, causing the slide to tend to tilt up and causing a bind on the slide mechanism.
Anyone else have success with using the winch to retract? If so how did you get it to go? Hope to not need this again, but others surely will have it happen.
We were SO lucky to be in a great campground and not a roadside pull off or someplace similar. I will NEVER run this slide out again unless parked where we could remain for a number of days until repaired.

Tags
hwh, leveling