Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

HWH slide solenoids

Good Morning:
I have a 2002 Minnie Winnie with living room slide[4 ram] and rear bed slide[ single piston] all running off dedicated pump. New hoses in FEB. I replaced motor mid summer after 6000 mile trip. Used MH for about a mth in Sept. Started prep for FL. and behold no slide action. Checked grounds, fluid level etc. Took to CW who felt it was a faulty positive connect. Drove home. No slide. Went 5 inches and stuck. Went through manual retract but could not achieve retract. The tight working space made turn counting difficult and was afraid to back off too far. Opened line at rod end and retracted. Drove to Holiday gathering anyway. Pump worked but would not extend except for the rear[about 2 inches] then would start creep out after retract. Once again fell back to pressure relief at fitting. Returned to CW who says whole system should be replaced[pump assembly, solenoids, etc]. Parts on back order. Drove home and found unattached solenoid ground wire. Connected and pump runs fine. Grounded motor as advised here. I have gone through repeated attempts to sync solenoids on rear slide. It creeps after retract and finally stopped all together. Front is still working fine. I do understand the "new" motor could be intermittent problem. But pump and manifold seem to run fine. Check valve is inaccessible until solenoid is removed. Solenoids are back ordered. I don't feel it is necessary to spend $1500 on new system plus $600 labor when $400 on solenoids might suffice. Are there alternative solenoids [small od] which plug and play for HWH? I realize the depth of this topic but have lost faith in my repair choices. Thanks
sixkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #2
Commercial Member

hi six, call me at 602-549-3638. i can help. i work for hwh. and live in arizona.
we are on mountain time, but call me anytime.

i do not sell parts, or solicit service work on this forum
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, slide, solenoid