Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
Actually, that isn't true.

Bigfoot Series = 4 pumps.

EZ Series = 1 central pump.

Here are the prices I was quoted directly from Quadra Jacks:
  • Bigfoot Series (4 pumps); automatic - $3460
  • Bigfoot Series (4 pumps); manual - $3310
  • Bigfoot Series (1 pump); automatic - didn't get a price for this
  • EZ Series (1 pump); manual - $2190
They are putting the finishing touches on the EZ Series levelers today. The only thing he had left was to figure out why the buzzer would not stop when the jacks were up and to tuck some wiring away around the pump. He ran them up and down for me and it is going to be nothing short of sweet. Cannot wait to go camping this summer!! It more solide than blocks under tires, no comparision. There are a couple of things that I would do differently, but the installer did what he thought would be best. One of the big ones was he put the pump inside a storage unit, for me it is not a big deal, because we have tons of storage and it takes up just a small portion of space. The installer was concerned about road grime if he put it on the frame under the house and they only provide a flimsy plastic cover for it. Although that is were quata recommended it go. The remote is going to be sweet until one of my children looses it or more likely the DW!! It was pretty awesome hearing the buzz of jacks going up and down and seeing how much lift was in each end. Will have to definetly take some boards along for the front to more lift. I believe the front ended up with around 5" of lift and the back with about 7" of lift. The clear the ground by 7" in the rear and 6 3/4" in the front, but it seems as though the back one are better tucked away than the front ones. Anyway pretty excited to try them out.
beeker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #30

beeker6 - Guessing your jacks are in by now. How do you like them? Really curious what you think about the unit's stability now too - is it better (25%, 50%, 75%) or about the same? That is what I'd like most out of jacks. More stability when I'm in the bed in the back & the kids are rolling over up front in the cabover. I've heard mixed reviews on the stability piece with the consensus being that they make it more stable but not 100%. Really curious your perspective. Thanks.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
paulmac-I have not picked it up yet, they had to fix a couple of things on it-water heater would not fire on propane and I had them recauk all the seams-thought they could do a nicer job than me. When I walked in it, granted it was on a cement floor, I thought it was about 85%, way better than boards under tires and letting the shocks do the work-maybe 30% that way. You could still feel a little roll in it I thought and the slide was not out. I thought it was a big improvement, but like I said have not really tried it yet. I image I will be picking it up this week or next and will post back when I get it home and have time to mess with it by myself.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
beeker6 - Guessing your jacks are in by now. How do you like them? Really curious what you think about the unit's stability now too - is it better (25%, 50%, 75%) or about the same? That is what I'd like most out of jacks. More stability when I'm in the bed in the back & the kids are rolling over up front in the cabover. I've heard mixed reviews on the stability piece with the consensus being that they make it more stable but not 100%. Really curious your perspective. Thanks.
I would say you are correct on the consensus that it is an improvement, but not 100%. I would say it takes at least 90-95% of all movement out of the coach. Although I did not run the slide out and we were on concrete it is still a huge improvement from were we were. No one was sleeping through the night last summer and that is one of the reasons we got these. That and the fact I don't have to mess with backing on boards everytime we decide to leave and come back with it. It took me approixmately 30 seconds to level, granted my shop floor is concrete, but is not level as it is 20 years old. If I give even a little bit on gravel it is still a huge difference.

On a different note I can see why you would want to dump the air bags in the back in some sites. My front jacks do not have near the travel as the rear jacks and to just get it to be level with a pretty level site I have to have the front jacks about all the way extended. I am sure the automatic air compressor is nice, but for $500 to be able to dump the rear bags easily, not sure I need to do that yet. Maybe go through this summer and see how often I need to put boards under the front jacks to get the front end high enough. Althought what the heck I just paid $3500 to put freaking levelers on it, what is another $500!!!

Tags
jacks