Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Hydraulic Leveling jacks clearance

I have a 2018 Jayco Redhawk 26d on a 2017 Ford E450 6.8L, V-10 chassis. I am installing the Equalizer Smart leveling system model 87350NUPS. My question is what is the minimum distance from the bottom of the jack (with snap pads) to the ground? Some say 6 inches, others say 7- 8 or 8-10 inches. For those of you that have a hydraulic leveling/stabilizer system, what is that distance on your unit?

I don't think it matters what system one has but what is the distance on your installed system. The other requirement seems to be not to exceed the departure angle. I have recently found out what that means. The angle is a straight line from the bottom of your rear tires back to the bottom of your rear bumper or sewage hose square holder. The restriction is to go no lower than the straight line from your tire to the bumper.

My jacks are the SL-13 model.

Any comments would be helpful.
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #2

I have a 2019 gulfstream 6238 on a 350 chassis with Bigfoot levelers. My fronts are 6” from ground to bottom of the snap pads. The rears are 8” with the airbags almost empty. When I had my install done a guy was getting his done on a Chevy chassis. About the same size coach. Mine is 25 feet his was 26. They asked us if we wanted the snap pads. We both said yes. They came back to him and said they wouldn’t put them on the front of his only the rear. The Chevy is lower in the front then the Ford. They said it would be under 5” with the pads.
RangerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:57 PM   #3

My guess is 6-8 inches tops. But have not taken a measurement.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:10 AM   #4
chs

I have the Bigfoot leveling system. It was installed by Bigfoot themselves.
I was going to have them install the Snap Pads but they came back to me and said I was at the Minimum clearance and suggested I DO NOT install them.
Rear is 8" and 29" behind rear wheel. The front are 7" and 20" behind front wheel. Measurement taken from the center rear edge of tire (not the bottom as you described)
I took into account the distance behind the rear wheel mostly due to the drop when the rear wheel goes into a type of dip in the road, like when you go into gas stations that have a drainage area between the road and street causing your rear end to scrap. This can affect the levelers also if too low. The further back from the rear wheel, the more the chances of bottoming out.

Side note: I took a straight edge from the bottom of the rear tire to the bump stops just in front of the rear bumper. I found the reason why my stabilizers got bent. They were installed in front (and below) of the stops, so it will hit there first before the stops. Great designing Thor.

It is me I'm sure, but I have no idea what you mean when you explained the departure angle. Sorry!

I did find this though.
chs is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks