Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2022, 06:14 PM   #1

I just bought new tires?

Lt 225 75r16 115/112s Hi I just bought this size tires for my 29 ft fleet wood jamboree I believe it’s 14000 pounds I also tow a Ford Flex. I just want to make sure these are the right tires for me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Lxlzbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2022, 07:53 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am not familiar with your rv but that size is common on most class c rv's. 225-75-16 load range E 115/112. Make sure you have the proper psi in your tires based on your rv weight.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:28 PM   #3

Yes, those are likely the right tires.

You can look at the manufacturers sticker on the driver side door frame and you will likely see it listed there.

If you've already purchased them...enjoy. If not, you might consider upgrading (for not much more $$$) to Commercial rated tires (Note: Not "C" rated tires...Commercial tires). They have a ~500lb/tire increased carrying capacity. 29-31' Class C RVs loaded up are almost heavy enough to be at the maximum load carrying capacity of properly inflated E load rated tires (like the ones you purchased). Some of us prefer the added 2000lbs of rear carrying capacity (as a buffer and to help prevent blowouts).

Stay safe out there!
Chris
SJ-Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:12 AM   #4

yes they are my only question is why a LT tire light truck tire on some of these units. are they really light duty units ?
crawford111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 11:04 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxlzbaca View Post
Lt 225 75r16 115/112s Hi I just bought this size tires for my 29 ft fleet wood jamboree I believe it’s 14000 pounds I also tow a Ford Flex. I just want to make sure these are the right tires for me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
The time to ask is before you buy the tires. Nearly all of the class C's use a load range E tire. You did not say what brand tire you bought. Now get the weight on the RV and adjust tire pressures to match the actual load when you are loaded for travel. The tire manufacture should have a load/pressure chart. I would add 5 psig cold pressure based on the weight for each axle.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:36 AM   #6

Txiceman corsa is the brand
Old 03-01-2022, 09:27 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Corsa tires designs and produces tires in partnership with manufacturers based in Thailand, Indonesia, China and India. They are owned by Omni United Pte. Ltd and based out of Singapore.

I had them on a "beater" Toyota Camry that I used to run back and forth to the bus center before I retired. On the little car they did decent, but this was not as heavy as a class C motorhome.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 03-01-2022, 03:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Txiceman corsa is the brand
Personally….I’ve never heard of Corsa brand tires, but I’m no tire expert.
Given the info from TXiceman, and his RV expertise on so many things, I’m going to assume you bought your tires based on price point alone, compared to other more common brands, not because of performance comparisons.

Do you know the date code of your tires, or even how to tell when they were manufactured? Looks alone has nothing to do with how old tires may actually be.

Maintaining your tire pressures will be crucial to provide tire safety.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:18 AM   #9

I did not buy them on price point, I had a blowout on my other set of tires, that where seven years old, so it was an emergency buy, I bought one tire because my spare was no good. The following day on bought the other 5 tires, I asked the salesperson if they where good tires and he said yes he had just put some on his cousin’s trailer , and yes I know where to look for date code to see age of tires.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:21 AM   #10

Yeah I’m bothered that they are considered light truck, my rv isn’t light plus I pull a vehicle
Old 03-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Yeah I’m bothered that they are considered light truck, my rv isn’t light plus I pull a vehicle
LT or light truck is F350 or 3500 and down. Above that yo move to MDT or medium duty truck.

E rated tires are fine on your class C motorhome. Just keep them properly pressurized and do not run them for too many years.

Ken

Tags
tire, tires