Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2019, 05:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverturous View Post
I am seriously into seeing moutainess terrain so thinking the 305hp/V-10 will struggle with Rockies?
use the tow/haul feature, when in mountainous terrain. with the V-10 & 6 speed I had no problem on grades. I have 31' class C towing a small car.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2019, 09:32 PM   #16

You won’t have a problem climbing the mountains with the V10. I live on the west coast and we either have to cross the Rockies, Cascades or Sierra Nevada’s to pretty much get anywhere and we have never had a problem. The engine will rev and won’t climb like a diesel but it gets the job done.
elite wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:41 PM   #17

Hearing your concerns over legroom, hilly terrain, 2 ACs, I’d say you are a solid candidate to consider a Super C coach. Especially if you’ve cross-shopped class As. We started down the same path, researching Fifth wheels to Class As to, finally landing on a 2014 Jayco Seneca Super C. Something we didn’t even know about when we started our research.

Along the way, we rented a Jayco Redhawk 31XL. no doubt, it was a nice unit and we had adequate room but longer trips would be tight. With the Seneca, we have plenty of room in the cab, the “doghouse” doesn’t exist, and we have plenty of room with the slides closed - a big consideration for us. It may seem like overkill, but I think you would find it provides you with nearly all the things you want in a Class C with added safety, comfort, power and towing ability. I absolutely love driving ours!

Aaron

Tags
class c