Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2022, 04:35 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Install new Running Board Tread

I got some new treads for the running boards on my E450 (2006 chassis) but there must be some special install'n tricks. Has anyone installed these on this particular model (2007 WBGO Outlook 31C) or any WBGO with this style running board?

I installed some "generic" stuff I got from a Denver trailer supply (I "hand cut" them from bulk mtl about 12 inches wide) a couple of years ago but it didn't last long at all. Too thin plus the adhesive was pretty wimpy. So these are the (pricey) WBGO genuine replacement parts I got via Lichtsinn ..... the part numbers match what is shown in the WBGO drawings.

This running board has weird angles there at the trailing edge so if I use a wrap-around technique it will be tricky keeping wrinkles out. Also, the outboard (vertical) edge will not be parallel.......the running board vertical edge would be covered at the rear, but not at the front....so that would look like a drunk paper hanger had done the install.

I'll call WBGO but in the meantime, I thought someone on the forum might have come across this.

Thx for any comment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rng Bd.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	363945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rng Bd 2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	363946  

youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2022, 03:01 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Just to close this out:

After a 1-hr wait I got to talk to WBGO customer support. They said that, when they get ill-fitting parts like this out in the shop they just trim to fit as best they can. So, that's what I will do. It sure ain't gonna look like factory. Evidently, their receiving/inspection folks just ck to make sure the product is the right color? Hmmm ..... maybe they don't do receiving/inspection.

BTW- With shipping, the 2 mats were approx $80. GREAT quality material; the fit.........not so much.

Good weekend to ya. Ed S.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:56 PM   #3

Me, I'm not sure I'd try covering the entire step. It might be better to cut the material down to fit flat on the step area itself and not make any turns up and down. It might be tough getting a good result trying to cover the whole thing.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:20 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Me, I'm not sure I'd try covering the entire step. It might be better to cut the material down to fit flat on the step area itself and not make any turns up and down. It might be tough getting a good result trying to cover the whole thing.
I agree. Would put the adhesive in tension and it would likely fail.....sooner rather than later. Good point.

I think I will take my sweet time and see if I can't make a descent pattern and then carefully cut the mtl.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youracman View Post
I agree. Would put the adhesive in tension and it would likely fail.....sooner rather than later. Good point.

I think I will take my sweet time and see if I can't make a descent pattern and then carefully cut the material.
Right-On!

That would be my suggestion.

Tags
install