Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #1

Insurance

Members, just got the shock of my life...everything going great with the New/Old RV I just bought. Had a great 2400 mile ride home with no issues...Got home to deal with the Insurance and I almost Had a heart attack.
I got a quote for $2400.00 a year.....that's more expensive than my home,car,truck,motorcycle,umbrella combined....I did a search on the web and got a few online quotes...no cheaper....anyone have a Insurance carrier that isn't out for blood?
Thanks
Jimmi V.
Jimmithev is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2015, 06:14 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Whoa! At least in my area, Safeco and Pemco have good rates. I pay <$500 per year for the RV via Pemco. Pemco is only in Washington and Oregon at the moment.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #3

I live in Wa. Is that the full name of the Insurance Co., any contact info?
Thanks
Jimmi V.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #4

We are paying $300 a month for fulltimers insurance for a 2005 Itasca and a 2013 Jeep. Sounds high but our vehicles are pretty new.
Y Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Insurance

Sure -

PEMCO's headquarters are located in Seattle. Our family has had it since 1962. (I'm 2nd generation). I lost it for several years when moving to Oregon but they now operate here as well.

https://pemco.com/

1-800-GOPEMCO

If you or a member of your family is an educator or public employee (retired as well) there is an added discount.

There are local agents as well but you can call direct.

There of course are factors that can influence the price (where you live, etc).
Old 02-23-2015, 11:10 PM   #6

What MH do you have? We have State Farm and ours is 900 per year, we have replacement cost on the MH for the first 5 years so it was based on the msrp, not what we actually paid for it. We also have everything else we owned insured by them, plus an umbrella policy so that adds to our discounts. If they insure in your area it wouldn't hurt to let them give you a quote.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:32 PM   #7

Thanks guys for the info. I have a 2010 Dynamax Grand Sport 40gt.
I saw on a website some pretty bad reviews about Pemco...kinda scared me away...you being a long time user ....any comments?...I am also a retired Public Safety employee. Hope that helps...I will check both Pemco and State Farm.
Thanks
Jimmi V.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmithev View Post
Thanks guys for the info. I have a 2010 Dynamax Grand Sport 40gt.
I saw on a website some pretty bad reviews about Pemco...kinda scared me away...you being a long time user ....any comments?...I am also a retired Public Safety employee. Hope that helps...I will check both Pemco and State Farm.
Thanks
Jimmi V.
I believe living in Washington, you can also apply for Wawanesa. I've been with them for all of my cars for 24 years...No one...I mean NO ONE was ever able to beat them. I've been insuring BMW M5's (high performance), brand new Mercedes S550 and now a brand new Porsche 911C4S Cabriolet.
All that being said, Geico beat them out on my coverage for my 2015 Winnebago View (approx $725 yearly) I went with Geico mainly because their RV coverage is geared towards an RV and they have more experience insuring motorhomes than Wawanesa. Hope this helps.
22 years Navy...Retired. 20 years Law Enforcement...retired. Navy showed me Viet Nam and police work showed me society's worst. Hopefully this 2015 Winnebago View 24m will show me a level of relaxation I've only dreamed of.
Donut lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #9

As you live in WA, check out Grange Insurance Company. They only insure drivers with excellent records so if you qualify, you will find great rates. I changed from Liberty Mutual after 40+ years with them when I grew weary of the annual price increases. I got identical coverage for our home and auto and added a $1 million umbrella policy and still saved 40%. I am not an employee, just a very satisfied customer. When we added our Class C last fall it was extremely reasonable. If you live in WA you qualify for coverage.
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:47 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pemco has been fine for me. In 30 years I've not had a claim besides comprehensive (theft, windshield damage), but other family has over the years (not-at-fault 2 totaled rigs, fender benders with one at fault, one rear end collision) Things went fine on all the claims. Family has had homeowners claims a few times as well without issue.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:31 AM   #11

We have SafeCo and I believe it's a little less than $500 per year. We do not full time but I don't recall anybody asking how often we would use it. Of course we live in a small town where everybody knows everybody (and their business) so perhaps they just knew we didn't full time and didn't need to ask. Perhaps that's the difference?
jodpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #12

Insurance

I use the insurance from Goodsams, national General. I choose them because they would fully pay for the rig for the first 5 years of ownership and it covers the awning. $465.0/year in South Carolina for my 2014 3170 C So far, so good. Hope this helps.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance