Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #1

Itasca Cambria 2013

Does anyone have experience with this motor home. I am trading a 2008 Beaver Contessa diesel pusher for a 27 ft. Itasca Cambria.
qac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
cambria

I downsized from 40' 400 hp diesel push to 29 Winabago Aspect 2012. It's an adjustment. Less outside storage, 10 cyl ford gets less mpg, small fridge, living room comfort for watching tv, playing cards, etc, gone. Bedroom closet space. It is a down size. Good stuff, feels small enough to go grocery shopping in, same maintenance as a van, oil, tires brakes. Ins collision, fire theft, costs way less. 10 cyl ford has loads of power. Almost use any fuel stop, Drive down any street. I purchased a small car to tow 4 wheel flat, but haven't done it yet. Have towed our jeep grand cher ltd on flat ground with no problem. We downsized because we purchased a condo to winter in. Hope this helps , regards, Clare
caisert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #3

We downsized from a 35' Adventurer to a 29' Aspect 2008.
Found we carried a lot of un-needed junk.

Have been very happy with it.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2005 26' Aspect, drives like a big van, ~10mpg, plenty of power, very limited storage, but you learn to take what you need, not what you think you might need. (and never do).
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #5

I downsized from a 35 ft Itasca Suncruiser to the Cambria 26. I love it. It drives so easy, I also get 10 mpg pulling a Chevy Malibu. Plenty of power. Agree you will confine your storage to your needs. However, it does seem to have enough. I had the air bags put on and found them to be worth several times their cost. My only complaint is the rear corner bed, "ABOMINABLE". Be sure you try the shower on for size before purchasing, it is doable, but not comfortable. I have the horseshoe shaped dinette, and entertainment center instead of a bunk over cab. I also had the alignment set up by a truck shop with a full load onboard. It made a nice difference to the road ability. Not necessarily needed.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #6

We went from a 30' A Sightseer to a 30' C Jamboree. The reasons were we like having cab doors, humungous bathroom and bed slide. Cons are we gave up a lot of living room space. Storage close to the same.

Mark
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #7

We moved down to a 2013 27K, very happy with it. The biggest advantage over older models is the vast amount of storage, we fit most everything that we carried in our DP. It drives great and is pretty comfortable to stay in. The only thing I would have liked to see before we purchased was a small sofa rather than the dinette we got, I'm not saying we would have picked the sofa but would like to compare.
John

Tags
itasca