Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2021, 08:48 PM   #1

Jackery Power Station

Does anyone use one of these power stations?
72BuickGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2021, 11:56 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BuickGS View Post
Does anyone use one of these power stations?

I have watched many “you tubers” use them….however I have not. What would be your use case for one? Boondocking and want to power electronics outside? Or other? The RV has a large battery bank, and I have not found a use for a portable one so far.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 02:29 AM   #3

I don’t have a Jackery, but people that have them love ‘em. I went cheap and bought a Chinese 300Whr LiFePo4 power station for just $200. Although Ive got a pretty good size LiFePo4 setup, I have to feed a 12v compressor fridge with it, so the power station extends my boondocking time without having to run my generator. I use it primarily to power my cpap and charge electronics and 12v doodads like usb fans, reading lamps, headlamps, etc. When it gets down to 20%SOC, I just plug it into my portable solar suitcase, or throw it in the backseat of my truck to recharge from the cigarette lighter outlet while we’re out and about. When I run my gennie to charge my house battery, I charge the power station at the same time. Very handy device in the rv and at home for power outages. And of course, if you opt for a campground with hookups, it charges up quickly on ac power. If you get one, just make sure it outputs PSW, has mppt charger, and has a regulated 12v outlet. I love it because it gives me an added 25 amphrs of power that I can use anywhere for practically anything.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:17 AM   #4

72BuickGS-

I use a Bluetti EB70 to power the 120V residential refrigerator while driving. It can discharge and recharge at the same time, so I recharge it via a 10A house 12V connection I found unused, under the reefer.

My coach came without an inverter. Installing a whole-coach, or one to serve just the refrigerator, would be difficult, due to the coach 120V and 12V layouts and the refrigerator location. The Bluetti solved that problem. Being portable, I can use it for other purposes, as Jim ("Marine359") pointed out.

The Bluetti is LiFePo4; I believe the equivalent Jackery product was lithium-ion. That was the biggest reason I went with the Bluetti.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:01 AM   #5

I'd watch this guy's Jackery reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/c/WillProwse...?query=Jackery

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:31 PM   #6

2017 Melbourne 24L

I'm a little concerned about dry camping! Mine only has room for 1 deep cycle battery for the house. It seems to me that thats just not enough so I was thinking about one of these power stations to run a fan or make coffee, that kind of thing, I haven't even camped with it yet so I was looking for direction here! Thanks!
72BuickGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #7

Great for CPAPS.

Also backup for residential fridges in RV’s and at home. Especially for the appartament crowd that can’t use a genny.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 07:23 AM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Entegra Owners Club
If you do decide to get one, make sure you size it according to what you'll run from it.

I went all out and bought a 2000watt Bluetti and wish I hadn't. It's a great device, but damn, it's a beast at 62lbs. I don't travel with it because of the weight and just use it around the house from time to time.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:11 PM   #9

I use a Jackery 300 for portable charging all kinds of stuff when I'm dry camping - Phones, drone batteries, airpods, flashlights, TV's and more. I also use it to power the bedroom TV when dry camping as that TV is not on the inverter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackery 300.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	351671  
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:30 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Jackery Power Station

You tuber “Next Exit” did a nice review of another brand recently. He brought up a good point, and showed how this other brand could be charged in 1/3 the time IF you used two of the USB-C ports in addition to the normal A/C charge port all charging simultaneously. This proved important, as when boondocking you try to only run the generator 1-3 hours daily, and it’s a problem if the power station takes 6-7 hours to recharge.

https://youtu.be/E3mz43Xwk04
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 07:25 AM   #11

This one is a beast. It can be rapid charged from an EV charge station. Heavy too. But has 3.6 KWH of storage. You could probably run a trailer for days with it. But if you have a big wallet. .

https://ca.ecoflow.com/products/delt...-power-station
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:30 PM   #12

If I use a Jackery or bluetti can I use a suicide plug to power my coach outlets if not plugged in or on generator? My coach doesn’t have an inverted .
Jdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog4 View Post
If I use a Jackery or bluetti can I use a suicide plug to power my coach outlets if not plugged in or on generator? My coach doesn’t have an inverted .
Can you just plug your RV power cord into the 120v outlet on the Jackery?

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:06 PM   #14

I use a Bluetti to power a small 12v fridge in my Jeep when we go out on daily excursions. I also use it to charge phones and other small electronics when we are dry camping. Works pretty well and lasts along time as long as my 12v fridge is already cold when it gets plugged in the power station.
Fushux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power