Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #1

Jayco Melbourne 26a ford e450

I am looking for other owners of this coach to discuss problems and trade ideas about mods and changes.
This is my first smaller coach and and am surprised at the lack of dedicated groups. Yes there is a Jayco group but that includes everything they make and trailer problems are a lot different than super c problems and yes super c problems different than class c.

John
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2021, 11:53 PM   #2

Well I'm out here ! granted I am not of much use right now as I have only just purchased my 2009 Melbourne 26A E450, and have yet to get possession. First week of Jan. then I go for broke and head down to Quartzite and about 4 months of full timing. I also was disappointed by the lack of specific information available. I have been around the block too many time to recall, so while not a mechanic or expert, experiences of all kinds have taught me a thing or two. I would be more than happy to be in communication with you to our mutual benefit
NoImMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 11:35 AM   #3

26a problems and mods

Great
I've only had my Melbourne since September but have found things that I need to to repair 1, I need to replace the cloth on the slide toppers but I have no info on the toppers even the brand. The trailer turn and brake Lites don't work 'but in that case a fellow IRV member posted a linl to e450 wireing. I have been in rving about 16 years having gone through two class a pushers doing all my own repairs I've seen a thing or two.
How about you.
Old 12-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #4

certifiably insane ! I have NEVER RV'ed in my life, now own a pretty good sized C Class. AND I am heading to Quartzite for my first trip from Toronto in the beginning of January, then plan on boondocking for 2-3 months.
In my defense, I have travelled a lot in different countries, done some time in an army, and my major was owning a hunting and fishing lodge business, black bear/ moose hunting off grid for 10 years. So I am not a wet behind the gills wuss and have all kind of weird and wonderful experiences. I am confident that as Gloria sings, "I will survive"
Do you have any manuals at all? I found one on online that is the same one they apparently gave out with the new units. Not really full of info, constantly says for something like the awnings, "see manufactures manual for details"
The internet is obviously our friend.
As for the awnings, my rig seems to have been pretty well maintained but no doubt actually living it will expose many things. I am reasonably handy and my big problem now while packing up, is selecting which tools to take.
Please fell free to discuss anything about these rigs and, when I don't know, I will definitely say so and often will say, "in my opinion" or "maybe try..." which is self explanatory. Where are you based ? I call Toronto home but have a daughter that has a house in Toledo Ohio
Old 12-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #5

the net is your friend

I found with my Monaco. If you ask the question on the right fourm or You tube most everything you want to do someone has done it or knows where to find the answer,
Are you taking a toad on your trip? I've always found a way to get around for going to the store or even just site seeing.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:24 PM   #6

No toad. I will be alone and the idea of leaving the rig somewhere unattended doesn't appeal to me so I figured no point in having anything else. See how it goes, I may invest in a good E-bike eventually. I am planning on going full time so it'll be interesting. Have you heard of the RTR meet in Quartzite ? Hope to be my first destination
Old 12-26-2021, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy2 View Post
Yes there is a Jayco group but that includes everything they make and trailer problems are a lot different than super c problems and yes super c problems different than class c.
Have you looked at the Jayco Owners Class C forum? There are forums for each type of Jayco so trailer problems get discussed in that forum and Class C problems get discussed in this forum: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5/

There are lots of Melbourne owners and plenty of experience there...
dvspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 11:05 AM   #8

just signed up. Thank you
all and any info is good
IF you have an Iphone, are you aware of the pretty good bubble level included in it ?
Old 12-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #9

Thanks
I didn't see that section of the jayco forum

Tags
e450, ford, jayco