Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2018, 11:15 AM   #1

Jayco vs Entegra

Is this basically a Chevy vs GMC discussion?

I know they are part of the same group and from some of the comments in the other threads (Jayco underneath), expect that is the case.

Looking at the Greyhawk Prestige and Esteem line. Their floor plans and features seem the same and appears it is more about the badge/logo on the front.

Does either enjoy a more inherent advantage over the other?
woodwardmpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

When I looked in-person, the finishes, colors and fabrics were the difference. Entegra got offerings not available to Jayco models.

Chassis is virtual duplicate and house body appears similar with that big front overhead window.

I expect this is opening a door to the Entegra line for families and younger buyers with hopes they will step-up the brand, and veterans who are ready to step down to a smaller more nimble set-up.

I would expect the customer service variable will make or break that idea.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #3

Appreciate the info. I've been comparing specs and floor plans but haven't got too far in to the details yet on finishes. There is a couple of RV shows in Colorado next month, so hopefully I will be able to see the Entegra Esteem in person.

If not, a road trip down to Alvarado, TX to MHS may be in order.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:10 AM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwardmpd View Post
Is this basically a Chevy vs GMC discussion?

I know they are part of the same group and from some of the comments in the other threads (Jayco underneath), expect that is the case.

Looking at the Greyhawk Prestige and Esteem line. Their floor plans and features seem the same and appears it is more about the badge/logo on the front.

Does either enjoy a more inherent advantage over the other?
We bought the 2018 Greyhawk Prestige 29MVP. I just couldn't see enough differences. We didn't want full body paint...we wanted cooler white in the south. Jayco dealer/service was closer, reasonably priced with the options we wanted. Mostly importantly, not one single sales person I talked to, could tell me the difference. Except the Name. It's a Jayco. We love ours.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:29 AM   #5

Paint is a big factor for the wife. She doesn’t like the color scheme they are using with the full body paint and prefers white as well.

Interesting comment on the sales folks. Mirrors my experience as well but most of the sales folks were from Jayco dealers.

My takeaway based on comments above is that it is a Jayco with some different color and fabric options with the Entegra badging.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:59 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would suspect that a dealer selling the Entegra brand might have more specifics on differences from the Jayco version...I did not engage a saleman when I was looking.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:34 AM   #7

Extra year of factory warranty is a big plus, often takes 2 years to sort out the issues inherent to an RV.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:39 AM   #8

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwardmpd View Post
Appreciate the info. I've been comparing specs and floor plans but haven't got too far in to the details yet on finishes. There is a couple of RV shows in Colorado next month, so hopefully I will be able to see the Entegra Esteem in person.

If not, a road trip down to Alvarado, TX to MHS may be in order.
I did talk to Entegra at one point in my search. They talked about the paint, the chrome beauty trim around the bottom. The name recognition. Keyless entry (I have that) Auto Gen start (my dealer added that) The price was almost the same...except the paint opt. Things may have changed on the 2019's . It's always nice to have (where you purchased) service closer to home (my opinion). Either of the two are great RV's. Little quirks and issues...always will be. I chose the Prestige 29MVP. Made the deal. Had a couple of things I wanted thrown in to sweeten the pot and I'm a "Happy Camper" Good luck.

Tags
entegra, jayco