Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2021, 07:45 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
And what's your suspension setup in the rear? I saw the sway bar comment. So, Koni's, sway bar, anything else?
No, not on the rear.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2021, 07:41 AM   #30

I have an E350 2011 chassis on a 23 foot class C. I keep it loaded pretty heavy. I added the rear airbags and it made a huge difference in handling and ride Quality. But still very unhappy with the way it hit going over bridge transitions. I had the Michelin warrantee replacement tires on until just recently. I upgraded to the new Michelin’s. I forget what they’re called but something with an a. Holy cow what a difference the coach rides much better now. Nowhere near as harsh on the bridge transitions. [emoji106]
Looking forward to adding some koni shocks now.
Tman1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avies48 View Post
We have 17k on ours and its like going over ridged roads every time we hit a bump with bilteins in, they suck, never had any bilsteins suck this bad and ive had them on trucks and cars a lot
I installed the FSD Koni all around on my 28’ Phoenix cruiser. For me it was a huge waste of money as it rides like you describe. I will never install again. When I’ve had enough I’ll try bilsteins. It would be almost impossible for them to be worse than the FSD Koni on my Rig. I’m happy for those that find the Koni to be all that and wish I had a similar story but I do not.
Josephls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:56 PM   #32

Joesephls and Avies48,

I find it comical how we can experience polar opposites, yet I understand how it can be so. There are so many unique dynamics between motor homes which means there is no "silver bullet" solution for everyone. At the same time, I am left to wonder why it can be so different.

BTW, Tman1020, that Michelin tire is called Agilis Crossclimate. I will be buying 6 of them myself, very shortly.

I just have to get the rear axle of my tow vehicle back together. How replacing rear parking brake shoes turns into such an in-depth project has only one explanation. It's made by Chrysler". CLICK HERE if you are curious. I posted lots of pics and step-by-step instruction.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #33

Our 2020 Grehawk has Koni shocks but I'm not sure which kind. I added the front Hellwig sway bar last month and the difference is huge! Better results than I expected 😁
Groveite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groveite View Post
Our 2020 Grehawk has Koni shocks but I'm not sure which kind. I added the front Hellwig sway bar last month and the difference is huge! Better results than I expected ��

No shock will adequately control sway. To make a shock still enough to do that, it would beat you to death.

Good to have BOTH high-end shocks AND sway control device(s).
Old 05-16-2021, 03:40 PM   #35

Purchased a new 2017 Entegra Aspire in October 2016 and replaced the OEM Bilstein on the steer tires as well as replaced the steer OEM Goodyears with Michelins after one year. Nice improvement in ride quality, especially over road/bridge transitions. Since then have replaced the OEM Goodyear tags with Michelin since the OEMs wore oddly. Another ride improvement. Eventually the OEM drive tires will go but they are still in decent shape.
oggiedoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:35 PM   #36

Anyone have experience with Sumo springs?
Rick3390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick3390 View Post
Anyone have experience with Sumo springs?

To get any usable information, you will need to tell us what chassis and coach you have!
Old 05-16-2021, 06:17 PM   #38

Koni shocks

Wow I can’t believe the ride difference with my new Koni shocks on my 2016 Tiffin allegro bus. One of the rear shocks broke on the rear.
1 Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Big Red View Post
One of the rear shocks broke on the rear.

One of the new Konis or one of the old ones.

Do you know what caused it? Pulled apart on extension, crushed on compression, other?
Old 05-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufinitt View Post
Hi
Just wanted to put this out there, if anyone is looking to replace their shocks on their RV.
I just replaced my original stock shocks on my C class E450 leprechaun bunkhouse, with koni shocks
All I can say is that I was hesitant at first because of the price of the koni shocks.
But it made a world of difference the RV feels like it’s riding on air . Next I will replace the sway bars with The brand hellwig . Did some research on these and they seem to be a good fit for my RV hope this has been helpful.
I also put the Fox 2.5 shocks and the Helwig sway bar on my 2018 Class C Fleetwood Pulse Sprinter, unbelievable ride, well worth the price.
Kcinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #41

Bilstein and Koni are what I have always used
dans1999f-53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm a Koni fan

The Bilstein shocks that came with my coach rode very hard. I could feel every bump and worried about damage to my coach and suspension. It was like my coach was tied directly to my wheels. Four years ago I replaced my front shocks with Koni. What a difference. Koni gives a softer ride and can be a bit floaty on major road undulations. Not everyone will like the floaty aspect but it only occurs on some rough roads. I no longer worry about damage to my coach and the ride is much less stressful. Koni smoothed out my ride. I purchased my Koni shocks online and found a tire store that works on commercial trucks to have them installed. I had a Safe-T-Plus installed that same week and my coach now takes less effort to steer.
Steve 716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koni, shocks