Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2020, 07:24 PM   #1

LCI Auto leveling panel has no power

Hello RV Community,

My LCI auto leveling system just stop working. The control panel has no power despite no faulty fuses or breakers found. This is for a 2021 Thor Delano. I already checked the fuse box on the bottom side of the driver seat, the chassis’ fuses under the footrest of passenger seat, the coache’s house fuses and breakers in the bedroom, the 2 100 amp breakers next to the house batteries, and the 15 amp fuse underneath the coach dangling next to the auto leveler fluid tank. Where am I not looking? Any ideas would be much appreciated!
salyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2020, 08:07 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I have the same system on my Jayco. It failed due to a defective ground cable between the pump motor and frame. Same symptom, no power at the control panel. Hope this helps.
oldecmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:56 PM   #3

There are quite a few ground cable underneath the coach and the all seemed good to me but I may have missed some. Thanks for sharing your solution
Old 10-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Most all the LCI levelers will not work unless you have set the vehicle parking break. Built in safety thing.
Just a though. Break Set?
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Most all the LCI levelers will not work unless you have set the vehicle parking break. Built in safety thing.
Just a though. Break Set?
Yes, the break set. I followed the power from the chassis battery to the controller(aka the brain) And there is power coming in while the engine is running, which is normal, but read no power going into the control panel inside the coach or the auto leveling motor. I am almost certain the controller is bad.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by salyes View Post
Yes, the break set. I followed the power from the chassis battery to the controller(aka the brain) And there is power coming in while the engine is running, which is normal, but read no power going into the control panel inside the coach or the auto leveling motor. I am almost certain the controller is bad.

I had the same problem no lights on the panel, I called LCI they are good at helping, came out to be my panel.
gljurczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:23 AM   #7

I agree that Lippert Components LCI was so great about resolving my issue quickly and pain-free. They just mailed my replacement controller.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Hello RV Community,

My LCI auto leveling system just stop working. The control panel has no power despite no faulty fuses or breakers found. This is for a 2021 Thor Delano. I already checked the fuse box on the bottom side of the driver seat, the chassis’ fuses under the footrest of passenger seat, the coache’s house fuses and breakers in the bedroom, the 2 100 amp breakers next to the house batteries, and the 15 amp fuse underneath the coach dangling next to the auto leveler fluid tank. Where am I not looking? Any ideas would be much appreciated!
I am having an intermittent problem in my Sportscoach 339DS. When the ignition key is turned and the engine started, parking brake set, 14 volts on dasboard the LCI Leveler control panel fails to illuminate any LEDs ALSO the in dash AC fan does not operate.

The common point for power is in the basement storage compartment under the driver's seat. I verified that all the nuts on the auto-reset circuit breakers are tight. I suspect that a large relay which energizes the BUS Bar supplying power to both the aforementioned devices and the power mirrors which I didn't test may be at fault.

Since this problem is intermittent I havent been able to measure the relay's coil while power is inhibited.

Does anyone know if the recent Freightliner Firmware update dealing with low voltage issues is a contributing factor, or has anyone else had similar problems??
mgoldstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:13 AM   #9

Hi, this is Jeffthroe. I have a similar issue with my FR Charleston. I'm new to this site and wondering if you found a fix?
Jeffthroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 02:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffthroe View Post
Hi, this is Jeffthroe. I have a similar issue with my FR Charleston. I'm new to this site and wondering if you found a fix?
My Jayco Greyhawk requires the ignition to be on for the leveler to work.
Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:56 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Hello RV Community,

The same thing happened to me.

Most likely issue is a bad ground connection where the ground cable connects to the frame. You can't tell anything by looking at it. Disconnect it from the frame and scrape, file or sandpaper the connection. Then coat it with contact grease, etc. before reconnecting it.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:55 PM   #12

Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoldstone View Post
I am having an intermittent problem in my Sportscoach 339DS. When the ignition key is turned and the engine started, parking brake set, 14 volts on dasboard the LCI Leveler control panel fails to illuminate any LEDs ALSO the in dash AC fan does not operate.

The common point for power is in the basement storage compartment under the driver's seat. I verified that all the nuts on the auto-reset circuit breakers are tight. I suspect that a large relay which energizes the BUS Bar supplying power to both the aforementioned devices and the power mirrors which I didn't test may be at fault.

Since this problem is intermittent I havent been able to measure the relay's coil while power is inhibited.

Does anyone know if the recent Freightliner Firmware update dealing with low voltage issues is a contributing factor, or has anyone else had similar problems??
I had to replace the 80A contactor located in the basement under the driver's seat and behind a metal panel. When the leveler wouldn't operate the dashboard AC fan also wouldn't run. The commonality was the contactor!
Old 04-24-2023, 07:13 AM   #13

On our Greyhawk, the control box is in the top of the compartment with the shore power cord so if you are not careful stowing the cable it bumps the cables to the leveler box and knocks them loose.
Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 09:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoldstone View Post
I had to replace the 80A contactor located in the basement under the driver's seat and behind a metal panel. When the leveler wouldn't operate the dashboard AC fan also wouldn't run. The commonality was the contactor!
Found that the 3 terminal contactor had an interrmitent coil (-) connection inside the contactor. I was able to drill a hole in the baseplate under the GND connection. Ran the coil (-) wire throuhgh the hole. Spot welded a Nickel tab onto the underside of the mounting bracket which I solderted the coil (-) wire to. Covered the solder connection with a dab of silicone sealant. While opened I cleaned the high current contacts and put a tiny amount of silicone grease on them to prevent future oxidation. Be careful to replace the spring before closing the contactor. Your contactor should now be working.

Tags
leveling, no power, panel, power