Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #1

Leisure Travel Vans

I like the looks of the LTV Serenity and Unity models. Anybody out there have experience with these units? Comfort, reliability, fit and finish? Comparison with other MB-Sprinter-based models (View, Prism, Coach House)?
Any comments and advice would be most welcome!
bensdad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #2

No experience with the models you inquire about, however the fit and finish of our LTV on the Sprinter 3/4 ton chasis left a great deal to be desired: furnace was always going off on limit, inadequate return air ( a very real safety hazard), the dinette tables platic parts grenaded; ditto the single drawer mechanism- a sheet rock screw cracked the plastic hangers - or rather the conical head of the sheet rock screw cracked the hanger- AND while removing a hinge on the kitcher cabinets the entire framing came apart from only the force of pressing the screw driver against the hinge screws. In fairness, the Company was sold some years back-EEE?

If you are looking at a LTV built vehicle - caveot emptor- remove drawers and a lighting fixture or two to get a good look at the crudeness of the build quality. While the vehicle type/model may be different the same 'craftspeople' who built ours built the one you are looking at.

The B is a very limited vehicle, the worlds perfect weekender or travel van but in our 30k mile formed opinion nothing else.
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #3

Leisure Travel Unity with Murphy Bed

We looked at the Leisure Travel Unity with a Murphy bed.

Leisure Travel is now owned by Triple E, which builds A's and C's.

Cabinets were impressive compared with most RV's we've toured.

Theatre seating was ok, but my chair bottomed out on me.

There is up to a four-month wait if you order a Unity MB. That tells me the dealers not only are reluctant to discount, but also, I' suspect, have hiked the base price above the $113k price on Leisure Travel's web site.

In no way will I pay list for a new RV. Even the Mercedes depreciate pretty quickly, if not as fast as Ford-Chassis B vans and C motorhomes.

So even though DW would love to buy the Unity MB today, I am not interested.
Oldedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #4

For that kind of cash you could get a late model CoachHouse which is at least twice the vehicle of a LTV.
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel