Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile Leisure Travel Vans

Any owners of LTV Class B+ (Class C) motorhomes one this forum? Are there enough of us to start our own group?
Philrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #2

Yes ,we have a 2019 Unity MB. Unfortunately we haven’t been able to do much because right after we got her I had 2 surgeries. However we are now ready to go. Especially when I retire at the end of September.
EdJodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:43 PM   #3

We have a 2019 LTV FX.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
LTV

Thank you for the feedback. Good to know that there are other LTV owners on this Forum.

We were looking forward to attending a couple of LTV Chapter spring rallies to meet other owners and get first hand feedback about any issues or workarounds about these RVs, but unfortunately, they were cancelled due to COVID-19. Hopefully, the rallies scheduled for the Fall will still take place.

In the last month we camped at several state campgrounds in TN & AL, but have yet to come across another LTV... 😟 I hope this changes as we start traveling further from our rural home base.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:52 AM   #5

We will occasionally see one on the road and it’s always nice to see another ltv. We saw 2 in Yellowstone in 2018. That was before ours was delivered but it was on order.
EdJodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:30 PM   #6

I just ordered a wonder rl that should be delivered in Aug or Sept 2020. I would love to interact with other LTV owners.
MaggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
I just ordered a wonder rl that should be delivered in Aug or Sept 2020. I would love to interact with other LTV owners.
Congratulations on your new Wonder. I’m sure you’re going to love it and get years of pleasure from it. Our 2020 Wonder RTB is our second Motorhome and we’re so glad we bit the bullet and upgraded.

As soon as you get the VIN (vehicle Identification Number) for your Wonder, you can sign up on the LTV website under Owners. You’ll then get access to all the LTV Owners Travel Clubs. You can sign up to as many clubs you like. Most of these Clubs usually hold two rallies each year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus, most of the Spring events were cancelled this year, but hopefully, the Fall events will go on as planned.

You also will want to sign up with the LTV Entusiasts group on Facebook. It’s a closed group, which means you have to request permission to join. But once you join, you can find answers to just about any question you may have about your LTV. Facebook also provides a search tool that only searches the posts in a particular group; you can use this search tool to find posts about issues with LTVs that have been asked and answered previously. I’ve found that this group can provide better answers to questions than the LTV customer service folks.

Good luck with your new Wonder!
Old 06-14-2020, 09:46 AM   #8

We have a 2019 Wonder FTB, owned it since Mar 2019. Did a 5 month trip last year, this year, so far a dud!
Belong to those groups, lot of good info.

I can’t get rid my old rv in the signature!
Harrysait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #9

While waiting for replies,Here's another question: how about driving LTV's in cold weather exposed plumbing? Tank heaters? We're looking to supplement our bus conversion with a class B to zip around from here to there instead of flying during COVID. but cold weather would be an issue. Thoughts?
Old 06-21-2020, 09:02 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
While waiting for replies,Here's another question: how about driving LTV's in cold weather exposed plumbing? Tank heaters? We're looking to supplement our bus conversion with a class B to zip around from here to there instead of flying during COVID. but cold weather would be an issue. Thoughts?
Tank heaters won’t do much to protect the exposed plumbing pipes. However, I know that some take their LTVs and other RVs that are not built for four season use, during the cold winter months. They basically winterize the RV and don’t use water in the sinks, shower, etc. They use the toilet, but after each use they use antifreeze to flush it instead of water. And they use the campground bathrooms for taking showers, etc.

We have found that if traveling through states in the South, we can usually take out the RV for trips during the winter months. Of course, we check the weather forecasts and try to avoid areas that are going through cold spells, where the temperatures are forecasted to stay below the mid 20s for days. We haven’t had any problems staying in areas when the temps are forecasted to drop to the mid to high 20s overnight and go above freezing the next day,
Old 06-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philrodo View Post
Thank you for the feedback. Good to know that there are other LTV owners on this Forum.

We were looking forward to attending a couple of LTV Chapter spring rallies to meet other owners and get first hand feedback about any issues or workarounds about these RVs, but unfortunately, they were cancelled due to COVID-19. Hopefully, the rallies scheduled for the Fall will still take place.

In the last month we camped at several state campgrounds in TN & AL, but have yet to come across another LTV... 😟 I hope this changes as we start traveling further from our rural home base.

Congrats on your 2020 Wonder RTB.
If we had won the lottery, that would be Exactly our choice.
With 2020, you get the newer MB Chassis.....more MB car like than truck....that cool attaching picnic table option.....that so cool fridge that opens both ways....their highest quality paint and finish without all the “swirlies”....the skylight in the front area....and a garage pass through that’s bigger than some motels I’ve stayed in. I could go on, but.....
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:52 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Congrats on your 2020 Wonder RTB.
If we had won the lottery, that would be Exactly our choice.
With 2020, you get the newer MB Chassis.....more MB car like than truck....that cool attaching picnic table option.....that so cool fridge that opens both ways....their highest quality paint and finish without all the “swirlies”....the skylight in the front area....and a garage pass through that’s bigger than some motels I’ve stayed in. I could go on, but.....
Thanks. We really like our Wonder and have takes several trips in it by now. However, the Wonder is built on the Ford Transit chassis, not MB. We preferred getting an LTV built on the Ford chassis.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #13

Yup. My bad. Wonder is on the Transit, Unity on the MB.

I knew that too.

I’m ashamed, and Dean would think I wasn’t paying attention.
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:28 PM   #14

Ordered a new unity RL this past March, we were told that it would be anywhere from 12 to 16 month wait. Surprised the hear the new Wonder is only a 3 to 4 month wait. That’s is great, tempted to switch....
We can not wait until we get our new Unity, looking forward to this new group.

By the way I joined the LTV owners club with out a VIN # just contact the company they will hook you up.
Ginton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel