Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2020, 05:30 PM   #29
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philrodo View Post
Congratulations! Is it a 2020 (diesel) or 2021 (gasoline) model?

We picked up our 2020 Wonder RTB in March and we love it!

As far as I know, all chassis batteries are charged by the alternator in the engine. How long do you plan on leaving the WRTB In storage? It’s a good idea to start the engine and drive it around every month or so and if you do that you won’t need a trickle charger. You also need to run the generator under load for about half-an-hour each month.
I park mine for the winter and don't disturb it (3 previous Triple E class A coaches). The previous coaches charged both sets of batteries so I didn't have to worry about freezing. That is why I was surprised that all the equipment is in the Wonder but not used. I have found where I can attach a trickle charger - under the hood for the winter.
I don't like to run the engine or generator for such a short period of time.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #30

Quote:
Any owners of LTV Class B+ (Class C) motorhomes one this forum? Are there enough of us to start our own group?
We own 2014 unity 24tb on Mercedes sprinter 3500 drive and ride nice however I was in Arizona this past June and Iran the gen for 2 hours running the ac and now it won’t run crank but won’t run changed fuel filter fuel going through.any help would be appropriated
Mgtv53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:12 PM   #31
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Yes. just got a 2020 Wonder rtb
Old 08-07-2020, 07:35 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
Yes. just got a 2020 Wonder rtb
Congratulations! You’ll love it!
Philrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #33

Unity

I just ordered a new Unity with delivery in a few months. Much to learn!
maliamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Any owners of LTV Class B+ (Class C) motorhomes one this forum? Are there enough of us to start our own group?
I hope so!!
Old 08-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #35
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
It would be nice to start a Leisure Travel Van (Tripple E ) group. I suggested a Tripple E group years ago but never heard back.
Start reading your manuals (download) on the coach and accessories so you will have a head start when you get it.
Which model did you order? Accessories?
You will love it.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
It would be nice to start a Leisure Travel Van (Tripple E ) group. I suggested a Tripple E group years ago but never heard back.
Start reading your manuals (download) on the coach and accessories so you will have a head start when you get it.
Which model did you order? Accessories?
You will love it.
We ordered the Unity TB. Options we ordered were ladder, generator LP, macerator, battery upgrade, leveler. Dealer said 10-12 months for delivery.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:59 PM   #37
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Go for 400 watts of solar power. They use a "stick on" panel. Also order the TV satellite antennae if you are planning to use a dish. They do a clean install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200611_093620.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	296275  
Old 08-08-2020, 08:59 AM   #38

What kind of pricing is available on LTV's in general? I'm interested in a LTV Wonder. Is it full msrp, or 10% to 20% or more off? Ignoring the temporary pandemic pricing, which by the way will mean some excellent deals in 2 years when the panicy people decide RV life is not for them and the used market is flooded with low usage RV's of all makes and sizes.

I realize the smaller the RV the smaller the "discount" from MSRP. I'm just looking for general guidelines. I imagine if there is a left over unit at the end of the year that would likely get a higher "discount" but what about ordering a unit?

Thanks
GARRYOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:10 AM   #39

Leisure Travel Vans are in high demand and production is painfully slow. Little discounts are generally offered, but not the huge discounts usually (but not currently) seen.
Not unusual for LTVs to be sold at full list prices. They command strong resale pricing as well.
Unclepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #40

Leisure Van Owner

In the answer to the Initial Post, Yes, We could all benefit by having an LTV forum.

I have owned a Leisure Van Libero for 10 years and love it. Downsized from a 40'DP and would not go back to a big rig. (This smaller unit suits our current lifestyle best.) Since 1959 we have gone from tents, to popups, TT's to several motor homes. Since we are now nonagenarians I suspect whatever we get next might be our last RV, or perhaps the Libero might be it.

I am pretty much a DIY guy so I have been able to address any of the technical problems that have come up from time-to-time. I like the larger fresh water tanks in the Libero vs other models. I have the electric sofa configuration and find that is great for entertaining but we mostly leave the bed down for travel.

Each year I have had to clean the fridge propane tubes with compressed air otherwise my Dometic Fridge would not work properly. No problem for me because this is now in my preventive maintenance routine. Have replaced tires and batteries as normal maintenance and added an extra rear camera monitor & put in a 1KW PSW inverter and wired it to speacial plugs I installed - mainly for the TV or other low powered devices such as fans and USB ports. My factory TV was a Dometic 12VDC unit but it crapped out just after the warranty expired and the replacement cost did not make sense to me to I put a 120VAC powered unit in.

My macerator quit and I replaced it with a Flojet unit. It works great.

If I was going to replace the Libero it might be with the LTV latest Ford chassis rear twin bed model - Not certain I want the Mercedes Chassis, but it is a good product & may change my mind on that but the chev has a great quite ride - have not tried the Ford yet.

Have towed a Smart car for about 8 years - it is a great combination for us.

So indeed - let's see what we can do to start an LTV Forum
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:32 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARRYOWEN View Post
What kind of pricing is available on LTV's in general? I'm interested in a LTV Wonder. Is it full msrp, or 10% to 20% or more off? Ignoring the temporary pandemic pricing, which by the way will mean some excellent deals in 2 years when the panicy people decide RV life is not for them and the used market is flooded with low usage RV's of all makes and sizes.

I realize the smaller the RV the smaller the "discount" from MSRP. I'm just looking for general guidelines. I imagine if there is a left over unit at the end of the year that would likely get a higher "discount" but what about ordering a unit?

Thanks
I just ordered a Unity. I called many dealers all over the country and inquired about both the Wonder and the Unity. The best I could find was MSRP minus a few thousand. Delivery on the Wonder 6-8 months and our Unity 10-12 months. Most other dealers quoted me at 14-16 months for the Unity. Our dealer has a lot of slots for these rigs and is a big seller of LTV so he is able to get them sooner than some of the other dealers.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:27 PM   #42
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libero View Post
In the answer to the Initial Post, Yes, We could all benefit by having an LTV forum.

I have owned a Leisure Van Libero for 10 years and love it. Downsized from a 40'DP and would not go back to a big rig. (This smaller unit suits our current lifestyle best.) Since 1959 we have gone from tents, to popups, TT's to several motor homes. Since we are now nonagenarians I suspect whatever we get next might be our last RV, or perhaps the Libero might be it.

I am pretty much a DIY guy so I have been able to address any of the technical problems that have come up from time-to-time. I like the larger fresh water tanks in the Libero vs other models. I have the electric sofa configuration and find that is great for entertaining but we mostly leave the bed down for travel.

Each year I have had to clean the fridge propane tubes with compressed air otherwise my Dometic Fridge would not work properly. No problem for me because this is now in my preventive maintenance routine. Have replaced tires and batteries as normal maintenance and added an extra rear camera monitor & put in a 1KW PSW inverter and wired it to speacial plugs I installed - mainly for the TV or other low powered devices such as fans and USB ports. My factory TV was a Dometic 12VDC unit but it crapped out just after the warranty expired and the replacement cost did not make sense to me to I put a 120VAC powered unit in.

My macerator quit and I replaced it with a Flojet unit. It works great.

If I was going to replace the Libero it might be with the LTV latest Ford chassis rear twin bed model - Not certain I want the Mercedes Chassis, but it is a good product & may change my mind on that but the chev has a great quite ride - have not tried the Ford yet.

Have towed a Smart car for about 8 years - it is a great combination for us.

So indeed - let's see what we can do to start an LTV Forum
I chose the Ford for local service. It rides like a dream and has most of the features I would have added if I had an option. Go for it

Tags
travel