Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2020, 08:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philrodo View Post
Any owners of LTV Class B+ (Class C) motorhomes one this forum? Are there enough of us to start our own group?
We own ltv unity tb 2014 on Mercedes chassis we like it a lot ride nice mileage good
Mgtv53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2020, 08:46 AM   #44
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Lets start our own group. How?
We just downsized from a 32 foot Commander after downsizing from a 40 foot Empress Elite (loved it) but they were too big for our need right now. The Wonder is small but it is going to be great for local weekend camping. No more going south for the winter.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #45

We just ordered a Wonder RL, AWD.

Look for a larger, multi-location dealer because they are more likely to discount a bit, and have more chassis on order that can slot in your specifics and get an earlier delivery (still a long wait tho!) Van City and Holland are a couple of examples.

Some say no discount at all. Most say in the $3-5k range. We found one who responded to my online build and order submission with a $10k discount, so I used that to obtain my final pricing with another location, same dealer. I think that's rare.

Dealer is telling us 4-5 mos. When I called the factory after we ordered it, the factory said 7-9 mos. The dealer says they can slot it in earlier to existing chassis order and do better than the factory is saying. Guess I'll find out who is closer to telling the truth.

5 years ago we had an Airstream Interstate Class B on MB Sprinter chassis. It was good, but dealing with MB is a pain in the neck as far as getting any kind of work done. I got sick of looking for diesel, no bio diesel, dealing with DEF sensors and the works. I'm looking forward to the Ford chassis w/ plain old gas.

Leisure has its own forum [Mod Edit] but participation isn't near what the irv2 gets, so I'd be interested in a dedicated one on here if anyone has an idea how to start.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post

Look for a larger, multi-location dealer because they are more likely to discount a bit, and have more chassis on order that can slot in your specifics and get an earlier delivery (still a long wait tho!) Van City and Holland are a couple of examples.

Some say no discount at all. Most say in the $3-5k range. We found one who responded to my online build and order submission with a $10k discount, so I used that to obtain my final pricing with another location, same dealer. I think that's rare.

Dealer is telling us 4-5 mos. When I called the factory after we ordered it, the factory said 7-9 mos. The dealer says they can slot it in earlier to existing chassis order and do better than the factory is saying. Guess I'll find out who is closer to telling the truth.

5 years ago we had an Airstream Interstate Class B on MB Sprinter chassis. It was good, but dealing with MB is a pain in the neck as far as getting any kind of work done. I got sick of looking for diesel, no bio diesel, dealing with DEF sensors and the works. I'm looking forward to the Ford chassis w/ plain old gas.

Leisure has its own forum [Mod Edit] but participation isn't near what the irv2 gets, so I'd be interested in a dedicated one on here if anyone has an idea how to start.

We ordered the Unity from Van City. they said a 10-12 month wait. That is less than other dealers who were saying 14-16 months.
maliamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
Lets start our own group. How?
We just downsized from a 32 foot Commander after downsizing from a 40 foot Empress Elite (loved it) but they were too big for our need right now. The Wonder is small but it is going to be great for local weekend camping. No more going south for the winter.
If you’re in a cold climates, keep in mind that the Wonder and all other LTVs are not built as four-season motorhomes.
Philrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:47 AM   #48

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

We got almost $10K off the factory invoice from FretzRV and a fair trade-in offer for our old Pleasure Way. We were lucky enough to find the Wonder RTB model with all the options we wanted on their showroom floor, so we didn’t have to order and wait for delivery. I don’t know if the fact that this was a showroom floor model made a difference in the discount we received, but I doubt it since most dealers don’t discount LTVs.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:54 AM   #49

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Congratulations on your new Wonder! You’ll love it, I’m sure!

I don’t know how to start an LTV forum here on irv2 either, but I suppose we can contact a forum admin?

I didn’t know about the [Mod Edit], but there are several very active groups on FaceBook. Search for LTV Enthusiasts. LTV Enthusiasts Help, etc.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #50

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliamd View Post
We ordered the Unity from Van City. they said a 10-12 month wait. That is less than other dealers who were saying 14-16 months.
The delivery estimates from the dealers mean very little. Apparently, LTV doesn’t provide a delivery estimate, until the order goes into production...
Old 08-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #51

Quote:
Congratulations on your new Wonder! You’ll love it, I’m sure!

I don’t know how to start an LTV forum here on irv2 either, but I suppose we can contact a forum admin?

I didn’t know about the [Mod Edit], but there are several very active groups on FaceBook. Search for LTV Enthusiasts. LTV Enthusiasts Help, etc.
Alas, don't do Facebook
Old 08-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #52

Quote:
The delivery estimates from the dealers mean very little. Apparently, LTV doesn’t provide a delivery estimate, until the order goes into production...
You can call into someone in Sales at HQ, give them them your order # and they can at least give you some perspective such as likely quarter that yours will enter production

Thus ... my dealer said 4-5 mos; LTV said 7-9.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
It would be nice to start a Leisure Travel Van (Tripple E ) group. I suggested a Tripple E group years ago but never heard back.
I asked years ago too. Would be nice.

We have a LTV Libero and love it.

Travelling With Black Labrador Retriever
szn8tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:02 PM   #54

i just picked up a (yes) used 2020 unity 24RL.....had 1200 miles on it when i got it.....original buyer had plans changed, and sold it......

loving it so far.....

so i am in for any conversations that folks want to have....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:03 AM   #55

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
i just picked up a (yes) used 2020 unity 24RL.....had 1200 miles on it when i got it.....original buyer had plans changed, and sold it......

loving it so far.....

so i am in for any conversations that folks want to have....
Congratulations! That’s a rare find...

You may want to joint the various LTV Enthusiasts groups on Facebook. They’re very active and have answers to many issues we may encounter with our LTVs.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:29 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgtv53 View Post
We own 2014 unity 24tb on Mercedes sprinter 3500 drive and ride nice however I was in Arizona this past June and Iran the gen for 2 hours running the ac and now it won’t run crank but won’t run changed fuel filter fuel going through.any help would be appropriated
My genset working now starting ok ,I don’t know what happened maybe bad fuel. I got 17.5 miles a gallon at 60 mile per hour speed used one Gallon of def for 2000 miles.any comment would be appreciated thanks
Mgtv53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel