Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2021, 06:03 PM   #99

I am picking up my new unity rl this coming Monday the 26 th.. I ordered from the dealer last March middle of the month., so about a 10 month wait give or take a week or so. When I placed the order I was also told 14 to 16 month wait, so you never know.

Good luck
Ginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2021, 04:55 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysait View Post
My macerator broke after about 8 months, started to use the 3”, LTV sent me a replacement, it’s still in the box.
The 3” is faster, much quieter, just as clean if you know what you are doing, in 40 years never a need to pump up hill!
How many times have you pumped up hill?
A little late to the discussion but the ONLY reason considering a macerator is for dumping at home vs major plumbing putting in a traditional 3" line. Virtually every scenario is "up hill". Drain clean-out is 18" above ground - but located in rear and a 75' run rules it out. Vetoed by wife is running hose through house to toilet - again raises to seat level. Never seen this as an access point in any discussion, so don't know if a realistic access point, but the closest - driveway to rear of garage - is the washing machine drain pipe that presents a "hill" about 4' off the ground. Forgetting the convenience of home disposal, a traditional 3" gravity feed is fine and resigning self to only going to remote sites to dump, reminded each time waiting in line at a campground dump station.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:42 PM   #101

We are planning our retirement and will set out in a couple of years but are looking now for our last mh. We have had several class A motorhomes, both gas and dp but are thinking we’ll downsize this time as it is just us and our German Shepard and are looking long and hard at the new Unity RL. Is anyone fulltiming in their LTV? How is it working out and is OCCC a problem?
Old 01-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #102
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
read RV Lifestyle - Mike and Jennifer <mike@rvlifestyle.com> their articles. They have a 2020 Triple E Wonder and a large dog. Have fun. I have the same coach but no dog anymore.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:25 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbineGuy View Post
We are planning our retirement and will set out in a couple of years but are looking now for our last mh. We have had several class A motorhomes, both gas and dp but are thinking we’ll downsize this time as it is just us and our German Shepard and are looking long and hard at the new Unity RL. Is anyone fulltiming in their LTV? How is it working out and is OCCC a problem?
I have LTV unity with twin beds and no slides because I don’t care to bother I can pull in rest areas, I can get in any park and not worry about trees or about slides not working, I owned four MH class a and c before, it is the best MH I owned and most reliable great mileage Handel great, (Mercedes sprinter)
Mgtv53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:24 AM   #104

Carolina Campers
Occc thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbineGuy View Post
I am out for multiple 3 week trips (pre-Covid) each year and have about 16,000 miles on my early 2019 LTV Unity Coner Bed. Have had three Airstream trailers in past, and a 44 foot 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus. I travel primarily alone, but have had four people plus 2 dogs in the Tiffin.

The issue of weight you can figure out by asking TripleE/LTV for the UVW and GVWR. With full water, fuel, propane, three weeks clothes, two passengers and German Shepard you will be very close to the GVWR. Having said that, the quality of an LTV will amaze most folks who have had RV’s. I have toured the factory and been in close contact with the executive, sales, and production staff, all of whom are just good people.

As I often boondocks, my experience gets my about 7 days max with showering daily and carrying bottled water for cooking, drinking. In extremely hot locations, my diesel generator burns about 0.2 gal per hour when running AC. I have 400 watts solar which helps.

Full timing is certainly possible with limitations, and if you go to the factory website, read owner’s comments, and even ask the factory about full timers, you will be given more info.

And please give your Shepard a big hug for me.
Past RV's: Three Airstreams, 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:31 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgtv53 View Post
. My electric step motor was making noise I called Lippert in Indiana ordered anew motor and gearbox I installed the motor and gearbox now it works backwards I open the door step goes in close the door step comes out I called Lippert customer service witch they are great people they send new motor still doing same things driving me crazy any ideas let me know thanks

Gearbox and motor were damaged in shipping
Mgtv53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:38 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginton View Post
I am picking up my new unity rl this coming Monday the 26 th.. I ordered from the dealer last March middle of the month., so about a 10 month wait give or take a week or so. When I placed the order I was also told 14 to 16 month wait, so you never know.

Good luck
Congratulations! How about a report on how you like it, etc?
Notlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:10 AM   #107

Carolina Campers
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginton View Post

Good luck
By now you have a report on how you are enjoying ( or not) your new RL. Or, if you have questions, some of us may be able to help. I will be out in my unit in the next month just to exercise it and run the generator, etc.

Let us know how your doing.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #108

Sorry for the delay, we got hammered this past weekend with a snow blizzard, getting back to normal... so yes we picked up our new RL on the 26th. It was a long 9 hour ride out to Ohio, but it was well worth it. Our dealer took us through the RL, spent 3 hours there, then we fueled up and got on the road. This is our first motorhome, could not believe how well it drove, the comfort we could not be more pleased with our decision. Now it is under cover, I put up a metal oversized 3 sided car port, we have a number of trips planned, even going to a Leisure Travel Rally in June, a campground in Maine. So now spending my time researching, getting my Ford Focus ready to be flat towed, getting a tpms system, changing out the stock valve extenders... I am retiring June 1st, hitting the road for Maine June3rd.

Tony
Ginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:42 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philrodo View Post
Any owners of LTV Class B+ (Class C) motorhomes one this forum? Are there enough of us to start our own group?
Greetings - wondering if the inquiry about “start our own group as LTV owners” ever took shape? I cannot seem to locate it within IRV2. We are in anticipation of VIN confirmation later this year for our 2022 UnityTB ordered at our dealer August 2020. I see on the LTV Build & Price site they’ve updated $ and options for ‘22 year. There is a switch away from “flex” 100A solar panels of which you could have previously ordered max of (4); it appears in the photo for 2022 that the options are (1) 200A or (2) 200A “rigid” panels. Has anyone experience with such a large rectangular sized rigid solar panel (I estimate these things at 7’ x 2’)? Thanks in advance for your response. Enjoy your travels!
PrefrPourOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:53 AM   #110

Carolina Campers
Well, with the pandemic still around, lots of us, I suspect, have not done a lot of traveling. My first overnight in several months will be in a couple weeks to Virginia International Raceway, the in June I am out for three weeks.

As to an LTV group on this forum, I think this is it... lol

But as more of us shift our focus to getting out, things may increase on the forum.

And to PrefrPourOvr, congratulations on you wise decision to go with LTV!
Old 05-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #111

Maybe we don't need a LTV group, just a B+ site.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:18 PM   #112

Liking your rl Wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
I just ordered a wonder rl that should be delivered in Aug or Sept 2020. I would love to interact with other LTV owners.
We have a RL on order, have to wait another 6-8 months. Can hardly wait.
Wondering how you like your RL.? Have lots of questions but wondering about the shower. Do you use the roll out curtain that came with it? Have seen one where the owners hung a separate shower curtain. Is that necessary? Just wondering.
Safe travels!

Sydney and Jerry
2014 Ventana 3436
Cadillac SRX
Puppy Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel