Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Leprechaun 2013 319 DS Query

We're making the move from a 5th wheel to a class C and looking at buying a 2013 Coachman Leprechaun.

We would appreciate any general input from folks that's had experience with this model.
Pros...Cons...??
Things to be aware of...?
Mods to make?

Camper has 32,000 miles and appears to be in very good condition
We like this floorplan a lot.

MH's are all new to us...been bumper pull and 5th wheeler's for years.
We've reached the age (76) where simpler setups etc and eliminating the diesel truck is appealing to us.

Also need to learn what tow equipment we'll need to buyfor our 2014 Honda CRV and what we can expect this to cost us on average.
I probably need to post this tow question in a different forum?

Thanks for your time.
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #2
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I have had a 2014 290QB for several years now and still like it. The unit is holding up very well. It is on a Chevy chassis that is very stable in crosswinds.

Make sure the shower is big enough for both of you. I have a friend that did not step into the shower and wished he had after purchase.

The only mod I am going make to my rig someday is adding an auto-xfer switch for the 110VAC.

Toads and Motorhome Related Towing forum is where to look for your towing education.
NRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:23 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We tow a 2017 Honda Fit. We ask the rv dealers around here where to get the car set up. We bought a Blue Ox base plate and tow bar. We paid more for the aluminum towbar as it weighted 30 pounds and was good for 7500# tow. The cheaper steel one weighted 40 pounds, good for 5000 # tow. Im old, a lot of difference carrying 30 pounds to mount the towbar verses 40. Labor to install baseplate, and parts, light wiring, battery charger, and and tow bar about $ 2600. We then bought direct from the factory the RVI3 brake system, its small, simple, portable and easy to put in and take out so no labor costs. I think that system is about $1300 or so, very similar to others on the market. Works well, easy and the most compact I believe.
Lez8ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #4

I'm 68 and bought a new to me 1998 Coachmen Leprechaun 265RBS and a 1999 Jeep TJ to use as a toad. Installing a Blue OX base plate and gonna use a Blue Ox Alpha tow bar. Doing all the setup myself. Also bought an RVi3 breaking system. I'm at about $2k on parts and (for me at my pace) have about 6 hours of labor left to invest. Doing it myself I'm finding other things that need attention but it is all good, finding them now rather than on the road is a good thing. Enjoy your new ride, I know I'm liking mine so far.
EdinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote