Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2020, 07:56 AM   #1
BFL

Forest River Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
Leprechaun lemon!

My wife and I ordered a brand new 2019 Coachman C Class Leprechaun! We ordered every feature we wanted and were thrilled when we received it about three or four months later.
Since then it’s been one disappointment after another.
The door between the bedroom and the shower area wouldn’t shut because the walls weren’t plumb.
The fireplace quit working, the seam on the roof where the over the cab part joins the camper body leaked badly and caused thousands in interior damage and now the leveling jacks won’t retract!
We made the mistake of buying an extended warranty and of course none of this has been covered!
Is it fair to say I have a lemon?
BFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2020, 01:55 PM   #2

Sorry about your problems. Hope it gets better. Coachmen I learned has always had a Fit & Finish issue and the few I toured when I was looking for an RV proved that to be the case.

What seems to be the problem with your jacks...maybe someone here can help with that?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:29 AM   #3

It really depends on where you live. In Michigan, motorhomes are specifically excluded from the lemon law. In addition, four attempts at repairing the vehicle are required or being out of service for 30 days (which is REALLY easy with RV dealerships!).
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFL View Post
My wife and I ordered a brand new 2019 Coachman C Class Leprechaun! We ordered every feature we wanted and were thrilled when we received it about three or four months later.
Since then it’s been one disappointment after another.
The door between the bedroom and the shower area wouldn’t shut because the walls weren’t plumb.
The fireplace quit working, the seam on the roof where the over the cab part joins the camper body leaked badly and caused thousands in interior damage and now the leveling jacks won’t retract!
We made the mistake of buying an extended warranty and of course none of this has been covered!
Is it fair to say I have a lemon?

I would call Jason Johnson he is the c class warranty rep at the factory . They would probably bring your unit back in to address your concerns, sorry to hear of your problems, but I’m sure they will make things right. They have a camp ground at the factory that you can stay at while they make the repairs. There is ways to resolve these issues without someone telling you to sue someone. Coachmen will stand behind there units, hands down the best division of FR.
gljurczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #5
BFL

Forest River Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Sorry about your problems. Hope it gets better. Coachmen I learned has always had a Fit & Finish issue and the few I toured when I was looking for an RV proved that to be the case.

What seems to be the problem with your jacks...maybe someone here can help with that?

It was a bad connection in the wiring harness.
BFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:43 AM   #6

Hang in there. Get everything fixed any way you can and enjoy it. Sadly, it’s an all too common refrain.

When we bought our last travel trailer (Jayco), it was two years old. Ought it from a dealer, and they somehow missed a copy of the original owners punch list tucked in the manual package. It was 23, yes 23 items. Some fairly serious. My first thought was, uh oh, but we had it for five years without any problem worth mentioning.

And so it goes with many new RV’s. But we love em anyway lol.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:44 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Have you tried to contact Jason Johnson? I was given Ron Ross to contact. Fortunately our complaints were handled by the dealer. Wasn’t anything major. One would think they would get you in for a do over, sounds like somebody messed up on the assembly line ! Have a friend that had a camper from Forest River , they picked it up and fixed all his problems. Squeaky wheel ! Just sayin.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote