Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #1

Level Check

Where is the best place to check for level in a Class C? Bullseye level on the floor? Countertop? Thanks!
DikEva is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #2

The thing you want level is your refrigerator so, put it in the freezer or on a shelf. Propane/electric refrigerators want to be as level as possible otherwise they will quit working.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #3

What LJowdy said, use the fridge to level up. We installed a couple bubble levels on the ceiling & wall matched to the fridge level. If you use blocks to level your rig, install the bubble levels on the outside.
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #4

As stated before, it's the fridge that needs to be level. I'd suggest NOT using the bubble level, but use a short carpenter-type level, like in an empty parking lot, to get the fridge dead-on level on both fore/aft and side-to-side axis. Then, put the bubble level on various counter-top locations until you find another spot where it shows you are level. Beats trying to read a bubble-level in the freezer when it's full of food!

In our current rig, and also the previous one, I also mounted adhesive camper levels INSIDE the rig, visible from the drivers seat. One side-to-side on the dash, one on the wall for front-to-back. That way, when I back onto a site, I can position the rig so it will require the minimal amount of leveling (we use blocks...). this is even important stopping in a grocery store parking lot. ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #5

Your butt is the best level for your motor home. When you sit down you should sense if you are level or not. Every time you park you don't need to put a level on everything. Long term yes but over night just use your feeling for level.
apbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #6

I check the wife. If she is happy, we are happy. Seriously, it means the head end of the bed is slightly up for her comfort, and the front of the unit slightly down so the fridge door does not swing open when not held open.

The fridge itself does not care as it would take a big out of level, one no one would tolerate, to make the fridge unhappy.

I can also do this with a level app, as I zero the app with one inch down in front, and one inch down on the right.

This position also has the roof runoff not where we sit or walk outside, which was advise I got from my FIL.

Once we started using electric stabilizers, I had to adjust my offset in the level app to account for the lift when the stabilizers set.
Do26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:25 PM   #7

If I don’t roll out of bed I am happy, but I aim for the microwave and refrigerator doors not swinging open or closed. Also, I don’t like the water to pool into a corner in the shower. I do use a small carpenters level to verify my assessments but as the OP queried, not actually sure where the best location is. I use the table.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:26 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
I use my fridge doors. Open them and if they stay where you stop them, you are level
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:35 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
I use a 2' level just inside door, then torpedo level on fridge, final check is bathroom door if it stays put and coffee maker on counter
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:55 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
I use my fridge doors. Open them and if they stay where you stop them, you are level
Happy Glamping.
I do the same. The fridge doesn't need to be perfectly level for normal operation and generally if you're comfortable so is it.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:05 AM   #11
tcg

Put me down for using the fridge door or the bathroom door.

Also, I prefer the water to go down the shower drain. I hate having to swish it down with my foot or a squeegee. So I worry more about that than the fridge.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:54 AM   #12

We put our 2 way bubble level on top of the middle console (Ford). Works pretty good.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:55 AM   #13

Gadget

Got this electronic level works though your smart phone after a small box is mounted in the camper, slick fast way to level a Class C, bought it on Amazon

https://www.logicbluetech.com/
stshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbubba View Post
Your butt is the best level for your motor home. When you sit down you should sense if you are level or not. Every time you park you don't need to put a level on everything. Long term yes but over night just use your feeling for level.

Exactly!
Lovin2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote