Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2021, 05:31 PM   #1

Angry Lippert levelers problem

Lippert levelers quit working. I have a class C 2019 Entrega Esteem 29V. Lippert tech says its a blown fuse cause I only have 1.4 volts at the plug that connects to the control panel. He could not tell me which fuse or where it's located. Called Jayco and they said it's in the battery compartment and it's a 100 amp fuse. So my question is, does anyone know what fuse they are talking about? I have not found a 100 amp fuse or what it even looks like. Please help.
Richie is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2021, 10:59 AM   #2

In my 2020 Greyhawk 29MV (similar to your Entegra), the levelers are powered through a 100 amp circuit breaker, not a fuse. My batteries are under the entry step and the breaker is mounted inside that compartment, on the side farthest from the door.
dvspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #3

Can you tell me what this breaker looks like? Is it like a typical electrical breaker? I need some help here. Everything you describe is just like what I have. Need to know what this breaker looks like. Thanks
Old 04-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #4

The 12 volt circuit breaker used most by RV manufacturers , for larger amp circuits , looks like the first picture below . Up to 50 amp looks like the second .

EDIT: Note pictures don't reflect actual size , up to 50 amp is the size of your thumb , the larger 80+ amp, unit is the size of your palm .
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #5

Thank you Skip. That what I was looking for. Now, would that be DC or AC amps?
Old 04-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Thank you Skip. That what I was looking for. Now, would that be DC or AC amps?
These C/Bs pictured , are for 12 volt DC .
AC circuit breakers require installation , in sealed boxes , to prevent any contact with the terminals .
Old 04-23-2021, 01:45 PM   #7

Thanks again Skip. I have something similar to the breaker in the top pic. I will check it with my multi meter with the engine running and see what it reads. If that's the problem I'll replace it and hope that does it. Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:47 PM   #8

On re-reading your original post , I see you have low voltage power showing at the control box 1.4volts .

The 100 amp power supplied through the circuit breaker would be in a cable , probably close to the size of your little finger . If the meter reading you got was on a small gauge wire , then the control box must have a separate power feed from a regular fuse ( probably 20 amp ) and the low volts you see are from a , tell tail LED circuit , that lights up beside the blown fuse on a power distribution fuse panel .
I'll see if I've got a picture of that kind of set up .
Old 04-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #9

The 100 amp breaker maybe resettable . pdf below .

The fuse panel with LED indicator could be similar to the picture , with a blown fuse in the holder , the LED would be lit .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 volt panel with led.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	326068  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf High-Amp-Circuit-Breakers.pdf (630.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-23-2021, 03:28 PM   #10

Skip, this last pic you sent i have seen this setup somewhere in this RV. I'll have to find it again. I'am at an RV park in San Antonio at the moment and will be going home tomorrow morning. Once home I'll be able to tear into this thing and find the problem thanks to you and dvspl. I will keep you posted.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Can you tell me what this breaker looks like? Is it like a typical electrical breaker? I need some help here. Everything you describe is just like what I have. Need to know what this breaker looks like. Thanks
It's a resettable 100 amp DC circuit breaker. On my MH, there's a red 2 AWG wire running from the positive battery terminal to the breaker. From the breaker it goes under the chassis to the leveler pump. How many batteries do you have in the compartment? If you have two, you may have to remove them to find the C/B behind them.
dvspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Lippert levelers quit working. I have a class C 2019 Entrega Esteem 29V. Lippert tech says its a blown fuse cause I only have 1.4 volts at the plug that connects to the control panel. He could not tell me which fuse or where it's located. Called Jayco and they said it's in the battery compartment and it's a 100 amp fuse. So my question is, does anyone know what fuse they are talking about? I have not found a 100 amp fuse or what it even looks like. Please help.
LCI jacks require two battery sources. The house battery(s) is used for the jack's electric motor and the cable from house battery(s) and the generator's starter motor. The second battery is the chassis battery. It supplied power to the controller module. It also powers the relay that checks that the perking brake is set. Thor Coaches usually have a fuse and relay circuit board near the drivers position that is powered by the chassis battery. The controller's fuse is found there.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:27 PM   #13

I have 2 coach batteries. It only came with one but I put in the second one. The reason I couldn't fine the breaker was because when I put in the second battery I covered the breaker. It is behind the battery and that's why I couldn't find it. With your help and Skip's help I think I'll find the problem. I'am on the road and I'll be home tomorrow so I'll be able to remove whatever is the way to get to the problem. Thanks a million for all your help.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:34 PM   #14

Keep us informed .

Like I indicated the 100 amp breaker wouldn't be for a 14 GA wire , so if the voltage reading you got was on a wire and not a cable , you will probably find your issue is somewhere with a smaller fuse.

Tags
levelers, lippert, problem