Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 AM   #1

My wife and I have been looking at class c motorhomes and the one that has stuck out so far is the Itasca '08 Impulse 29T; F450 chassis 6.8L Super-Duty V10. She likes the rear queen bed area. Anyone have any coments on this motorhome? There are two RV shows coming up in our area in Jan and Feb and we plan on attending to check out other models.

Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
KAF

You may also want to look at the Coachman Freedom Express; special edition built for Camping World. We've put over 12K miles on our FX213QB since April and just love the quality. We've seen them advertised for up to $75K, but you can get a 2008 from Dusty's Camping World in Kissimmee, FL for $50K and in Chattanooga. We love the fixed queen bed, the amount of light from windows, and have more storage than some class As. Good Luck . . .
KAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
A general comment toward all of the larger class c coached is to watch the weigh and the NCC (net carrying capacity). These coached generally out you pretty close to the chassis limits of 14,050# and thus do not leave much room to add your cargo.

We had a Minnie Winnie DL, 31A (no slide)and loved it. We did have to upgrade the suspension so that it would drive correctly. These coaches are top heavy and have a tendency to roll from side to side. It can be fixed with Bilstien shock absorbers and HD anti-roll bars with urethane bushings.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:01 AM   #4

You need to see what suits you in regards to floorplan and especially bathroom and bedroom areas. Look each unit over closely, especially inside cupboards, etc. to see what the workmanship looks like.
You are always going to have to add a few things, like HD shocks, etc. so plan on a few hundred extra dollars for these.
Now, the single most important feature is the dealer and the after sale service and support they provide or don't provide.
As a side note ; I am over 6'3" and when the slide is in you cannot put the driver seat all the way back - VERY aggravating!

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:07 AM   #5

If possible, take a look at a Dynamax Isata. Excellent upscale coach, and a great manufacturer.
They really support their owners long after the sale.
Charlie Gearhart
02 Isata 312 SD, Diesel
Charlie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:06 AM   #6

Good luck, and happy shopping!
I think going to RV shows and poking around in different units is a lot of fun. We must have looked at 3 dozen different units before deciding on ours. After I placed the order, DW reminded me that this unit was, in fact, the very first unit we looked at....Not sure if there is a moral to this story, other than: trust your instincts. If you like it, do it!
Happy Trails,
Weldon

Maple & Maroon Interior
myway2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #7

We recently bought a Jayco Seneca HD "super C" MH and we love it. It is on the GM Kodiak C5500 chassis and has the Duramax 6.6 turbo diesel motor. If you look at MHs on the Kodiak chassis, I'd recommend the C5500 and be sure to check the CCC.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #8

We started out liking the 29T, then switched to the 31C in the Itasca Spirit. It had a better wheelbase (longer) which the RV Consumer Group recommends for safety. It also had a fully usable interior with or without the slide deployed. We also got much more counter space with the 31C. Look carefully at both models and see which one suits your needs best.
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I'll second what HighwayRanger said. We started out liking the Impulse 29T and ended up with a Spirit 31T due to the wife liking the amount of counter space. Also, on the Impulse29, there is a step as you go over the rear axle that isn't there with the Spirit31.
If you really like the Impulse, there is an 07 leftover at a good price in MA at FlaggRV. It's the one we looked at last year when we decided to get the leftover 06 Spirit.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:25 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by Benny:
There are two RV shows coming up in our area in Jan and Feb and we plan on attending to check out other models.
Benny, When we lived in CT we shopped at Benny's whenever we could! We have often attended the Springfield, Hartford and Boston shows and if we had time we went over to Rocklnad, NY.

That said, I see you're driving a Chevy!

I would just like to bring this to your attention:

Media Release

Folks that want to buy a Class C motorhome now have a choice especially if you're currently a GM owner at the present time! The only drawback is that not all models are available on the 14,050 GM/WCC chassis. Take out a Workhorse Class C for a test drive. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised as I was.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #11

We looked at a lot of class C when got ready to down size from a 35' class A. Depends on floor plan. If you want the Rug Rat room over tbe cab or not. I did not!!

We ended up with a Aspect 29H class C. from Winnebago.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #12

When you go to the RV shows, take a digital camera and a notebook. Your first picture of every unit should be the model number, that way you can keep straight what you are looking at!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #13

There has been a lot of good advice on this post... I would bring a small flashlight, and as mentioned already, a tablet and pen... check quality closely. I have a Four Winds Dutchmen Kodiak Class C model 33K that was a big mistake. I have listed some hints for buying an rv at my blog , www.rvfactor.blogspot.com

Denny
DennyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #14

If you look at the Lazy Daze Class C's, and what their owners say about them, it is a no brainer:
http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1911038381/m/2101005154 I hope I did that right !

Or go to www.lifewithalazydazerv.com
It is all in how they are put together. Lazy Daze makes ONLY Class C's, and have doing just that for over 50 years. There is about 8 months waiting list for a new one, and the used ones are as scarce as hen's teeth. That should tell you something !
Just my tuppence (2 cents in Brit). Penny, TX

Don't Drink and Drive, EVER!!
LakeConroePenny,TX is offline   Reply With Quote