Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #1

Looking For A C-Class Is There Any Such Animal

It's just the 2 of us. We have covered storage that is 12 foot at the center so a A-Class will not work and I can not raise the cover. Now here's the rest of the story.

Right now we have a Lance bumper pull trailer and we love it. It is a 2017.5 Lance 1985. How ever over the past year my wife has developed a bad back and when traveling she has to get up and stretch A LOT.

I am seeing a few C-Class with in our price range $30,000 that will work. But in searching it got me to thinking and I was wondering if there is a C-Class with a semi-flat floor? (So she does not have that big to step up.

Thanks LeeB
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2020, 05:58 PM   #2

Lee ; are you asking about level floor from the passenger seat back into the coach area ?
Possible swivel passenger seat?

Sorry I don't quite understand your question .
Old 06-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Lee ; are you asking about level floor from the passenger seat back into the coach area ?
Possible swivel passenger seat?

Sorry I don't quite understand your question .
Not so much as a level floor or swivel seat (those are going to be in a A-Class). Just a C-Class that does not have the big step. It could be a smaller step.

LeeB
Old 06-19-2020, 07:16 PM   #4

Depending on the model years you are willing to consider there may be some class A's that will work, the roll up door to the shed where I store my coach is 12'0", and my coach is 11'5" so just barely clears. Of course in the case of my coach the 2002 model was the last year that would clear, and part of the reason I bought it, as the next year they were taller coming in at 12'1"
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I believe our 2020 Winnebago Mini Winie C class is 12'
Old 06-19-2020, 08:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Depending on the model years you are willing to consider there may be some class A's that will work, the roll up door to the shed where I store my coach is 12'0", and my coach is 11'5" so just barely clears. Of course in the case of my coach the 2002 model was the last year that would clear, and part of the reason I bought it, as the next year they were taller coming in at 12'1"
My cover's PEAK is 12' and the sides are about 11'6" most of the A's are 12' at the sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
I believe our 2020 Winnebago Mini Winie C class is 12'
Out of our price range........ Thanks
Old 06-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #7

Hi LeeB,

We own a 2007 Phoenix Cruiser SEEN HERE that we bought brand new. The height of our garage door measures 9'-11.25". Our rig measures 9'-10" to the top of the a/c unit. It passes through with 1.25" to spare.

Our rig is the lowest conventional class C (actually a B+) that we found to fit in our garage. Older rigs at that time like the Carri-Go and Isata Sport were about the same height but the older air conditioner design was just a little too tall to work for us.

Regarding Phoenix Cruisers specifically, your $30,000 budget will get you one our age or older. They were offered in many different floor plans and lengths from 21 to 31 feet long. If considering a Phoenix Cruiser, I would surely get one not older than mid-model-year 2004. The indicator would be the unique integrated spare tire compartment. That is the easiest way to identify one that is not too old, missing on a few notable upgrades.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:17 AM   #8

An interesting hybrid between traditional A and C designs is the Thor Axis/Vegas. It is a small Class A built on the same Ford E-series chassis as most Class C units. Total height is 11 feet. Unlike most Class C models, the cab area floor is actually a few inches higher than the living area. The NADA low retail for the oldest models (2014) is about $32,000.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:57 AM   #9

LAZY DAZE Class Cs have a nearly flat floor, and an overall height just barely over 10 feet. There are six of them under $30K on RV Trader today.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:55 AM   #10

Jayco Owners Club
Jayco Redhawks and Greyhawks have a flat floor. My Red is 11'6"
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:21 AM   #11
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
On my 2014 Leprechaun I think the floor transition from cab to house is maybe an inch? Whatever it is it is not much.

Since getting out of the passenger seat is important. The Chevy cab has more leg room going down the road & more foot room when maneuvering from the seat to go back into the house. Also a quick search found swivel plates are available for factory seats.

The height (with A/C) is 10’ 10” per Coachmen.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #12

Thank you all so much you have helped more then you know... I will research and see what I can come up with.. We are at home and wife's back is hurting this morning .

We are suppose to leave this Tuesday for a rally in Oregon (we live in Central California) not sure if I am even going to risk taking the trip. I just don't know what to do

Again thank you so much LeeB
Old 06-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
over the past year my wife has developed a bad back and when traveling she has to get up and stretch A LOT.

I am seeing a few C-Class with in our price range $30,000 that will work. But in searching it got me to thinking and I was wondering if there is a C-Class with a semi-flat floor? (So she does not have that big to step up.

Thanks LeeB
Look at Coachmen Leprechaun and Freelander - many only have an inch or two step up from passenger seat to living area. And have a swivel passenger seat.

Don't know if the same applies to Forest River Forester and Sunseeker.
Rosebud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
It's just the 2 of us. We have covered storage that is 12 foot at the center so a A-Class will not work and I can not raise the cover. Now here's the rest of the story.

Right now we have a Lance bumper pull trailer and we love it. It is a 2017.5 Lance 1985. How ever over the past year my wife has developed a bad back and when traveling she has to get up and stretch A LOT.

Thanks LeeB
Yes there are ... at least in some I've seen at the shows and in our traveling friends' recent two different Class C motorhomes.

However, our Itasca (a Winnebago model) Class C has about a 4" step-up from the floor of the cab to the floor of the coach. What this gives us is taller outside storage cabinets for more and better configured storage space in those cabinets.

My wife has a bad back too, but the 4" step-up when she leaves the passenger seat and goes into the coach area does not give her any problem.

By the way, some Class C motorhomes also have a step-up from the main coach floor onto the floor in the rear area of the coach. I would not want that configuration in a Class C.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote