Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2022, 06:21 PM   #15

Love those old starflytes
cbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2022, 12:18 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
This one looks pretty clean. A bit over your budget, but you get what you pay for & maybe they'll deal.

https://www.truckandrv.com/Pre-owned...46163?ref=list
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
This one looks pretty clean. A bit over your budget, but you get what you pay for & maybe they'll deal.

https://www.truckandrv.com/Pre-owned...46163?ref=list
I assume they would "deal big time" because that is roughly what that rig cost brand new in 2008.

It is the exact same rig we have HERE, same model, same no-slide-out, same features with exception to the full body paint job we have along with the many post-purchase upgrades I did since we bought it.

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2350 is one year older and with 18,000 more miles. We paid $67,205 brand new, plus sales tax. My long list of post-purchase upgrades and extras are not considered in that OTD price. After 15 years of ownership, maybe we could sell it and get our money back.

A new 2022 model 2350 if it was still offered this year would be around $165,000. Back in the day, I repeatedly shared how great this rig was built for the money paid. The price has finally caught up with the quality.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:25 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
... The price has finally caught up with the quality.
And the new 4WD models are MSRP'ing for over $220k.

I've noticed posts from several members noting they're selling their RV's for more than they paid for them. It's a good time to be a seller.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:59 PM   #19

Prices on used RV's have skyrocketed recently. I would suggest you look for private sellers on RV Trader or even Facebook Marketplace. We had been searching for about 3 months at dealers and gave up due to ridiculous prices and poor conditions of the units they have. My wife found a class C on Marketplace from a private owner that had been well taken care and stored under cover which makes a huge difference on the condition of the roof and exterior. We bought it that day for $17,500 less than a dealer was asking for the exact same model in much worse condition. They're out there, you just need to keep searching and don't hesitate if you find a good one.

Good luck!

Mike

2012 Thor Freedom Elite 28Z
Muncie_6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:44 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
If you still looking this one is 30 minutes from me and , if I was looking, maybe,, clean,

not sure if thhis lick will work.. 2014 minnie 30ft, 21k miles asking 45..

LINK
sibe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 06:50 AM   #21
chs

For what it's worth. I own a 2019 Thor class C and we love it. Does it have issues? yes, but (Very) minor and no more than any other low(er) priced Class C's.
If your going with a used one, hire an RV inspector to go over it before you buy. It's worth the money and he may even find some things that will allow you to get a lower price on it (and pay for the inspector fee)
chs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 06:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibe View Post
If you still looking this one is 30 minutes from me and , if I was looking, maybe,, clean,

not sure if thhis lick will work.. 2014 minnie 30ft, 21k miles asking 45..

LINK
I have that same year MH , but it's twin the Itasca Spirit. In today's crazy price world, that's a good deal, assuming there's nothing drastically wrong with the unit. NADA (for whatever that's worth) values that MH at over $60,000, which should be around what it sold for when new.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushtrk99 View Post
IF SOMEBODY HAD $60K TO BUY A USED C WHY NOT BUY A CLASS A - To each his own I guess
1. Most roadside mechanics can and will trouble shot a Ford E350 or E450 van.

2. Emergency egress, there are 3 doors to exit the vehicle in the event of a fire or accident.

3. No blinding sun through the windshield.

4. Better towing capacity.

5. Most important, my wife is a better passenger in a Class C. She does not like the experience of sitting on top of the wheels, sitting eight next to the edge of the road, and feeling like there is nothing in front of her except a big piece of class!

You are correct, to each his or her own!
GilbertAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c