Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2022, 03:41 PM   #1

Looking to buy Used Class C

I am seeking a new or pre-owned Class C motorhome up to 24 feet. I am seeking a gasoline motor. It has to have low miles. I may be out of the ball park right now, but I'm trying to stay in the $60,000 range. I've been told to stay away from the Thor brand.
I am in no hurry and I'm hoping more inventory will come on the market. I am also a newbie.
Please give me any advice. I'm a Veteran, retired, single and no pets or children. I'm praying I might meet a good woman in my travels.
Thanks for your kindness in advance
HeadJacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2022, 04:56 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Get out there and kick some tires!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:53 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Look at RV Trader and used 1–2-year-old Class C's from rental companies that usually sell them after 20,000 miles.
Camp CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:11 PM   #4

The way I went about is was to research online, join forums, ask questions and go looking at stuff and basically I came up with some requirements that I could make a list and rule certain models in or out. If you are looking at slightly used you can always go look at the new ones of the same model just to see if they fit your needs. Once I came up with a list of possibilities I began to search just for those and ignored all the ones I had ruled out. Finally when one came up that fit the bill I was ready to pounce on it. This process took a long, long time and even though the inventory has been very low since Covid, they do pop up and mine did in Oct of 2020 a hundred miles away. I jumped in the car and was up there within hours of the ad appearing on RV Trader and made a deal, gave a deposit and now over a year later very happy with the decision. To give a perspective of time we started looking at RVs about 5 years ago! At least you are already narrowed down to a C class, we started out not even knowing if we wanted a trailer or a motorhome.
bigb56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 11:57 PM   #5

Thank you for your time and wise words��
Old 01-28-2022, 08:24 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of friends here with good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can,

Look at as many rigs as you can on dealers lot to get an idea of what is out there. Maybe rent a few for weekend trips then start looking at the many for sale ads (here on this site, RVtrader and such) Do get it inspected before you exchange any $$$$$

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 06:42 AM   #7

Thanks so very much for your response. I am going to rent an RV in February. Your words and your wisdom are much appreciated ��
Old 01-30-2022, 03:38 PM   #8

Phoenix Cruiser 2100 would fit your bill. Only draw back is the sleeper/sofa. Functional, but not the most comfortable and it is in during the day & out at night. Other than that it is an unbeatable unit. We had one.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:11 AM   #9

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/opin...ml#post6067292

Watch the video in post number 10. This would be an expensive mistake if you bought this model Winnebago.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:32 AM   #10

IF SOMEBODY HAD $60K TO BUY A USED C WHY NOT BUY A CLASS A - To each his own I guess
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushtrk99 View Post
IF SOMEBODY HAD $60K TO BUY A USED C WHY NOT BUY A CLASS A - To each his own I guess
I’ll give you my reason. Towing capacity. I couldn’t find a gas class A in the small size I wanted that had any decent towing capacity. I tow a 6000 pound toad and other times i tow a 5000 pound boat and I have a OCCC of 2100 pounds. Class A’s appear to be heavier by nature than a comparable class C. I can do this and stay under my GCVWR of 18,500. All of this goes away with larger class C’s also. But I also bought new for under 60k before the madness started lol
RangerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #12

Just a few years ago you could buy a brand new entry level 32 foot long class C or the same length in "class A fashion" for around $60,000. My brother considered the class A to get the rear walk-around queen bed without a slide-out, but decided to just keep what he's had for many years, a 21 foot 1998 Coachman Starflyte.

Class-C or class-A has been a long-running debate. Each has it's advantages. As for me, I love My 23'-8" Long Class B+.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:30 PM   #13

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushtrk99 View Post

There are many reasons to buy a CLASS C. I had a Class A but went to a Class C after looking at maintenance cost and ease of getting things fixed and ease of getting into a Class C vs Class A. Yes, to each their own!
DamonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 01:33 PM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
A good place to search for and compare cost is POPSRV.com.
I bought my 2018 Gulfstream Conquest 6329 32' in November.
It only had 2700 miles. Been very happy with it so far! 7500 towing capacity also.
Its free to get on their web site and look alll over the US to see if you can find one. I live in Dallas and found mine in Ontario, CA. Flew out, and drove it home same day!!
DamonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c