RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2020, 04:04 PM   #1

Microwave_Convection Oven Rattle while driving Motorhome

How can one insulate a Microwave/Convection Oven, safely, to stop the rattling while driving over any surface road? It seems like the casing and the door rattles extensively. This is a new Motorhome and is not on a slide out. Please advise. Newman2020
Newman2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #2

I don't think the door of ours is rattling. There is the lazy susan wheels, metal tray, and wire rack. between them they made a hell of a racket.

Paper plates between each item made an acceptable difference

Worst offender is the cover on the Atwood heater. A half dozen of the large silicon cabinet door bumpers shut that right up.

I HATE rattles going down the road, I even use paper towels between the parts of the coffee pot
Old 09-28-2020, 06:51 PM   #3

My wife took a towel and sewed a pocket for the glass tray. the plastic carriage just rests on top of the towel. She learned that one at a RV Rally last year.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:13 AM   #4

Carolina Campers
I take the glass turntable out and stash it in a drawer. I donít trust the door to stay latched. Then I store my paper towels, basket of potholders, etc in there.

But if it rattles, we donít notice as we have a fifth wheel. Canít hear it from the truck.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well it is better than Fleetwood, but then most are.

My micro fell just about all the way out. Check the mountings. Fleetwood uses self-tapping screws that they over tighten and strip.

We put a child lock on the door after the door opened going around a corner, you know what a mess the tray makes when it shatters? Some where along I-5 in Oregon there is a pile of glass, I wave to it every time I go by.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:46 PM   #6

I take the trays out. Stash in a clothing stack.
To address the shaking of the oven...
1. You have a cheap front bezel as we all do I assume. The bezel is flexible, the oven vibrates forward and aft, up, down, side to side. Also the side supports that screw into the oven from the flanges going back from the bezel sometimes become loose. I pop riveted those.
2. The screw in feet with hard rubber bumpers on mine broke out. I glued a type of foam to the bottom of the oven eliminated that.
3. Bigger wood screws bezel to cabinet
4. I used a small rubber bungie in back to a wood screw hook and the back of oven to keep back end from jumping up, down
5. Put a rubber o ring on the door hinge of the oven to keep the door from jumping up, down.

I also tightened up the chinsy stove. A metal screw up front in middle holding the burner plate to the actual stove box structure stopped that from vibrating loose, and 2 hose clamps easily unscrewed, cut to length hold the grill to the box so that no longer rattles.

Now.. I can here the mirror on my closet door rattling and a squeak between the bed and kitchen cabinet ����

It never ends. Some squeaks, rattles settle down, new ones develop on the road. On a good, smooth road, the coach is reasonably quiet and a joy to drive ������
cbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:59 AM   #7

My input will benefit people with the older microwave design shown here. CLICK HERE to read and review pictures about the cause and my solution. Years later and it remains tightly mounted. Adding felt pads also helped with the noises.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave, motor, motorhome