Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #15

Thumbs down Don't get the warranty...

Take the money the dealer wants for the extended warranty and put it in the bank/CD whatever. It won't generate much interest but it will be there if you ever need it and most folks don't. Given the litany of complaints regarding getting service from dealers with the original warranty know that it will only be far worse dealing with an extended policy, usually issued by a third party.

The first year or two should be covered by the manufacturer on new coaches, on a used coach your best bet is a thorough PDI and test drive. Once it is yours maintenance is your best friend. Extended warranties usually benefit the party selling it and no one else.

Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2019, 03:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboJet View Post
Bought my Class C from a dealer that provides a Lifetime Warranty on all 2017 and newer. The required annual checkup cost $138 if done during Oct- Feb. and doubles during prime months.
This I am really curious about as I have never heard of a dealer doing this. 5 year extended warranties with renewable opportunities, but lifetime?? If you don't mind my asking, what did something like this cost??
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #17

And here is a direct item to consider: I am getting a new Tiffen class A next week, and during all the sale conversations extended warranty came up, and based on my prior experience with them said I was not interested. Then, I found out that if the domestic refrigerator craps out, the only way in and out with the refer is remove the front windshield. Now there's something to think about as that runs about $4K, plus the frig.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
And here is a direct item to consider: I am getting a new Tiffen class A next week, and during all the sale conversations extended warranty came up, and based on my prior experience with them said I was not interested. Then, I found out that if the domestic refrigerator craps out, the only way in and out with the refer is remove the front windshield. Now there's something to think about as that runs about $4K, plus the frig.
You are right of course and that is a potential problem and could be expensive, however, most of the time, a refrigerator can be repaired without having to take it out of the coach. Thank goodness! I have had that same concern and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbetty View Post
We're buying a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV, new. What extended warranty would you suggest we purchase, and when?
We bought a used Winnebago 24D with few miles. Purchased a Good Sams extended warranty for peace of mind. It’s a 7 year or 150,000 mile policy. Cost a little over $500/yr. with the potential cost of replacement parts or items gone bad and the fact current labor rates in my area are about $130/hr I decided to go with this extended warranty. I did have a little problem with the Murphy bed and the extended policy does exclude beds😕
Wangwin is offline   Reply With Quote