Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2022, 06:43 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoenurse View Post
All of this information is very helpful and I really thank you for taking the time to answer my question. We have a small vehicle to tow behind, we are leaning towards a class C as my husband is used to driving this type. He feels I could handle a class C. We are open to a class A just thought a C would fall more into our price range. I like the suggestion of an inspection as we don't want someone else's problems! I tend to lean towards Winnebago's, something about them I like as well as the FR redhawk or greyhawk's. The floor plan - I agree very important, totally agree with TV placement. We just removed our dinette and put in a TV stand with electric heater so our TV could be directly in front of us. I have heard to avoid Thor!!! Again - thank you for all your advice.

We love our Winnebago C. Had several A’s over the years. This brand has always been most reliable except the chassis on one (Workhorse). This 29 foot is on a Ford and much superior and reliable.
BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #30

Thank you for your opinion, I really like the winnebago class C's. I guess the bottom line is find a floor plan you like, have an inspection done before purchasing a used RV and be diligent about maintenance. Every RV brand has pros and con's.
stjoenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:22 AM   #31

I’ll add my experiences in case it helps you. One thing I haven’t seen mentioned above is drivability. I recommend test driving a Class A and Class C. I think you’ll find the Class C much easier to drive, relatively speaking.

We had an F250 pulling a travel trailer for several years. As you know, driving a big truck makes for a quiet and comfortable towing experience, along with having all the modern features. We sold that and were thinking about a motorhome of some sort.

My parents had a Class C years ago that we borrowed. Easy to drive right from the start but very noisy from the house area. My parents now have a gas Class A, so we borrowed that to try out. I did NOT like driving it. A ton of wind noise and it wandered easily from cross winds, in addition to requiring constant steering correction. I felt like I had to shout to talk to my wife.

I installed a steering stabilizer for them, which helped a lot. There are other mods you can do as well. But in short, I highly advise doing test drives because the behind the wheel experience is very different among different RVs. I could not imagine myself putting long hours behind the wheel of a gas Class A.

In the end, we ended up with a Renegade Super C (not saying you should do this - just to share what we chose).
drewtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:57 AM   #32

Thank you drewtk for your input on driving a Class C vs Class A. My husband has delivered buses for the last 5 years so he is comfortable with both however your input of the wind and noise is appreciated. I think we are leaning towards a class c however we will take your advice and drive both.
stjoenurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, motor home