Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2016, 08:40 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Stop keeping us in suspense! Exactly what did you buy?!?
Here's their announcement:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f58/new-2...ml#post3334671

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #44

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
Sorry Ya'll. I thought I told you . I am happy with decision. spending that much money on a floorplan or aesthetics that I didn't love would be terrible for me. We upgraded in order to have those things. I researched my particular floorplan in all of the model years. All in all the majority of issues were from 2013 and 2014 models. I made the jump because the unit was what I wanted. Had there been something comparable I would have looked at them too.

If you find a few that you like equally i would of course use reputation as the tipping point.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #45

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldToyBox View Post
Thanks for all the replies and info.

One note to add, the list I originally posted was used MH for sale near me from dealers & private parties.

Still not sure what I want and what I need and what I can afford!
I guess MH's are just like the rest of life.
A couple more things I'll add. Others have chimed in about current condition on a used coach and they are certainly correct. If you can find one that has been kept in a shed or garage it is a big difference. Some boomers that have quit rv'ing for various reasons have units that are nearly as good as new. Also, the layout is a huge difference. Look at the 30 foot vs the shorter ones. I like a fridge that is in the open, not in a hallway. My wife is short and hates the commode that is on a raised platform. Stuff like that really matters in the long run.
Kodiakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:32 AM   #46

Partskenn....all good points to look at but do not overlook what kind of roof does it have? No rubber! What is the floor made of, does it have any soft spots, how do the slide rubbers look? are the walls hung or on top of the floor? is there any delamination? Look closely at the over the cab bunk area, prone to leak/rot. Just remember you get what you pay for, lower priced coaches are priced that way not because manufacturers want to be nice to you! best of luck. Ron
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:53 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
I know that Warren Buffet purchased Forest River. I think they make
a low end unit for the entry level consumer. I own my second Winnebago.
What I do like about a Winnie is that Lichtsen Motors always has my parts,
and I can get them 2d day. I would recommend purchasing an older
unit, say 2008-2009 as the newer units I understand are not as good
as quality. I have read a lot of complaints about the newer Class A
Winnebago. And you do want to stay away from a window over the front
cab, in the Class B and Class C motor homes from any manufacturer as
it is a known fact that the front window will leak eventually. I believe
they started to do away with the front window around 2006.

Good luck in your search.
Ladypilot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #48

We are new Minnie Winnie 31D owners. Our breath was taken away when we saw the new 31D. Winnebago has worked hard to remedy QC issues that emerged during the recent production boom. We only have 2 short trips under our belt before putting the RV away for the winter, but our initial experience is very good. We are 2 hours from Forest City if issues do crop up. We feel that we got a lot of bang for the buck on the new 31D. This was bought online after spending 3 days at the Hershey RV show and narrowing our choice down to winnebago class C and Thor Chateau 31E but didn't find the perfect deal at the show. Patience and online searching turned up the 31D, we have the 1st one manufactured!
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #49

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you are looking for a used Class A......try National RV, they usually get good reviews.

Tags
motorhome, quality