Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2021, 07:13 AM   #1

Need a tire and rim for my Thor Freedom Elite 22FE

I purchased a 2021 Thor Freedom eLITE 22FE on a Ford 350 super duty chassis. I trying to find a tire and rim to carry as a spare. I currently have Hankook Kontrol Dynapro HT LT 225/75R16 tires. I live in Agusta Georgia.
I can't find anyone that has the same tire and rim on my class C that could I use as a spare for the front tires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Geffan
gaffanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2021, 07:49 AM   #2

For clarification, understand that the front and rear wheels & tires are interchangeable. And the E350 and E450 are identical.

Just two weeks ago, I sold four E350/E450 wheels with the original yet excellent condition tires off our 2007 rig to a fellow with an old E350 box truck for $400. I replaced them with Alcoa wheels for our E350 rig.

Just showing off the four new Alcoa wheels on our rig. Two original steel wheels remain hidden on the inside back positions.

Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
For clarification, understand that the front and rear wheels & tires are interchangeable. And the E350 and E450 are identical.

Just two weeks ago, I sold four E350/E450 wheels with the original yet excellent condition tires off our 2007 rig to a fellow with an old E350 box truck for $400. I replaced them with Alcoa wheels for our E350 rig.

Just showing off the four new Alcoa wheels on our rig. Two original steel wheels remain hidden on the inside back positions.

I just want a 16 inch steel rim and tire for my fron spare. Nothing fancy,
Thanks,

Geffan
Old 06-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffanning View Post
I purchased a 2021 Thor Freedom eLITE 22FE on a Ford 350 super duty chassis. I trying to find a tire and rim to carry as a spare. I currently have Hankook Kontrol Dynapro HT LT 225/75R16 tires. I live in Agusta Georgia.
I can't find anyone that has the same tire and rim on my class C that could I use as a spare for the front tires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Geffan
You can get a steel rim for a spare from etrailer:
www.etrailer.com/Trailer_Tires_and_Wheels/Lionshead/LHHA420.html The folks at etrailer should be able to verify that this wheel will fit.

Google up Hankook Kontrol Dynapro HT LT 225/75R16 tires and you will find many places that sell them; e.g., Discount Tire, Tire Rack, Walmart, etc. So you could take your newly purchased wheel to Discount Tire or other tire store and have them mount and balance the new tire so you would be good to go.

RVers seem to take many approaches to the spare situation. I carry a tire only .... knowing that my Coachnet roadside service will send a truck with the equip to mount it. I only carry the tire because I know my luck....I will need it late Sat afternoon or Sunday .... somewhere in the wilds of Wyoming when the tire stores are closed. lol Your approach is a good one; especially if you are set up to install the spare yourself if needed.

Hope you get set up soon........nothing like a little peace of mind.

Safe travels to ya.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youracman View Post
www.etrailer.com/Trailer_Tires_and_Wheels/Lionshead/LHHA420.html
Also try www.rockauto.com as they have a selection to choose from with prices that vary.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:33 AM   #6

How/where will you carry the spare, guessing the unit didnít come with a spare.
tarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #7

Iím surprised you are having trouble. Iíd assume any big tire dealer that wasnít brand specific could order your rim and tire. I had no issue getting mine at Les Schwab which is only in the PNW and I recently had to buy a specific tire brand to match here in FL at Mavis Tire stores. They had to order one but it only took a few days.

I installed mine on the Roadmaster spare tire carrier that slides into my receiver.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youracman View Post
www.etrailer.com/Trailer_Tires_and_Wheels/Lionshead/LHHA420.html The folks at etrailer should be able to verify that this wheel will fit.

Google up Hankook Kontrol Dynapro HT LT 225/75R16 tires and you will find many places that sell them; e.g., Discount Tire, Tire Rack, Walmart, etc. So you could take your newly purchased wheel to Discount Tire or other tire store and have them mount and balance the new tire so you would be good to go.

RVers seem to take many approaches to the spare situation. I carry a tire only .... knowing that my Coachnet roadside service will send a truck with the equip to mount it. I only carry the tire because I know my luck....I will need it late Sat afternoon or Sunday .... somewhere in the wilds of Wyoming when the tire stores are closed. lol Your approach is a good one; especially if you are set up to install the spare yourself if needed.

Hope you get set up soon........nothing like a little peace of mind.

Safe travels to ya.
If you get a flat in the wilds of WY good luck with roadside assistance. All the equipment needed is a jack and a lug wrench.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnold View Post
How/where will you carry the spare, guessing the unit didnít come with a spare.
With a Roadmaster spare tire carrier.

Tags
free, thor, tire