Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2021, 10:11 AM   #1

NEW Ford E450 Brake & power steering problem

I've new Jayco Greyhawk on a E-450 V-10 Bought new on Fri. 7-23-21
550 miles latter in Nashville, Tn. lost power Steering & Brakes as well:( Got stopped without killing anyone. Mid Tn. Ford service says replacement pump and hose are backordered, they said they have three other units sitting there with same and parts may be 4-6 weeks out!!?? I've now been on hold for over an hour with Ford Customer Service or should I say LACK OF FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what can I do?
AZARNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2021, 10:17 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I didn't even know they were still using the V10, I thought they had all gone to the Godzilla V8.

I'm betting it's the same issue that's plaguing everyone in every industry. Shortages and delivery issues on a global scale.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
I'm betting it's the same issue that's plaguing everyone in every industry. Shortages and delivery issues on a global scale.
I just returned from my local home improvement store. The isle with all the various outdoor window and door caulks and colors are limited to clear, white, and remnants of a few unpopular colors. Most bins are completely empty.

It's hard to get back to a "working" USA when so many people have been paid so well to stay home.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 03:24 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
I just retuned from my local home improvement store. The isle with all the various outdoor window and door caulks and colors are limited to clear, white, and remnants of a few unpopular colors. Most bins are completely empty.
You should try to buy PVC around here. Snowmageddon was a long time ago, yet nobody has any normal size PVC fittings.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:33 PM   #5

Sorry for your issues, but Ford did not create the pandemic and it's associated shortages. If so many new RVers hadn't purhased new rigs, there may be parts left in the supply chain. Either way you look at it, all you can do now is grin and bear it.
Hurricane-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:47 PM   #6

Boy that is tough. Just bad. Keep us posted. Sorry you are dealing with this on a new unit. I have an older 2015. Going on long trip next month. Worried about any type of break down. Can you get a part, who knows. There is no quality, and there are shortages of a lot of thing. Good luck my friend.
frank1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZARNIE View Post
550 miles latter in Nashville, Tn. lost power Steering & Brakes as well:( Got stopped without killing anyone. Mid Tn. Ford service says replacement pump and hose are backordered, they said they have three other units sitting there with same and parts may be 4-6 weeks out!!?? I've now been on hold for over an hour with Ford Customer Service or should I say LACK OF FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what can I do?
Just happened to me. (V8-7.3) 400 mile RT to Michigan and Back. Exited the highway to home, no brakes nor steering. Barely made it home. Popped the hood, fluid spray everywhere inside, nothing in either steering or brake reservoir. Puddles forming underneath on te ground now

Has your problem been fixed, and what exactly was it? My buddy just looked at mine (as it just happened), and he thinks my issue is more likely a faulty line or fitting to the Hydro-boost system than actually a bad pump.

Still waiting on both my RV and Ford dealer services to call back.

Anyone have any thoughts?
tmbeadle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:27 PM   #8

Is this a on going problem, or an isolated one?
Sabrejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:46 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Being in the repair business...I have seen these shortages grow and grow..

Blame what or who... our tired, rich arses will just need to wait for those access card holders to run out of excess cash... SO sorry, my odd sarcasm..

This is a world problem not a USA problem, very few car parts are made in this country.. OK many are, I get a variety of parts every day, GM Ford ,, china, mexico... Chrysler is a toss up..

I have waited months for some parts to finish repairs.. .. I have a Police unit for weeks needing a bumper and fan shutter assembly.. bumper is upgraded to 6 weeks but shutter is no ETA we are 650+ in line... blah blah.. We deal with.. cant change it.. it is not personal ....

Point is the heavy stock in rough shape, so many places closed and ARE NOT coming back.. Auto Truck manufactures are pushing to move forward to resume production and cut losses,,,

Certain things will get worse before better,
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:53 AM   #10

To clarify my question. I understand the shortage. The real problem is, what is Ford doing to correct it?
Old 08-31-2021, 08:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrejet View Post
To clarify my question. I understand the shortage. The real problem is, what is Ford doing to correct it?

Agreed, the real questions are; is it a pervasive issue, and how are they addressing it?

My unit just made it to the shop yesterday. Due to the shop's backlog (not just this issue, but general service appointments ahead of me), I don't even expect to hear for at least a week, probably more.
tmbeadle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 05:37 AM   #12

Go to Ford-Trucks.com. Then to forums. Now to Super duty/heavy duty and find out the extent of the problem. I guess my RV search is on hold.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZARNIE View Post
Any update on your PS pump replacement?
ksmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:51 PM   #14

E450 Power steering and brake failure

2022 Entegra Esteem 29V 2200 miles
I lost my power steering and brakes making a tight turn when one of the booster hoses popped out and I lost all fluid.
Luckily I was at an RV repair place but they couldn't fix a Ford problem.
Ford had it towed about 30 miles to a dealer in Orlando on Nov 20th. It took several days and many texts and calls before they told me it needed parts (the two hoses), and could take a month because everything is on back order and Ford will not give them a date.. A few days later they texted and said the part should be in around the 15th of Dec. (not holding my breath)
They said they will put them on and test it and give me a call.
I keep asking why it broke and will they send the same part but no answer yet.
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, e450, ford, power, steering