Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #1

New Norcold 10 installed today !!

Well, we have a Renegade Villagio on a sprinter frame and have always had issues with the propane fridge. To no surprise our panel display stopped working so instead of fixing this little garbage one I put in a new 12v 10cf Norcold. We are keeping our fingers crossed.. Cant believe how much more room is in this fridge it's amazing!

We had an older single door tiny fridge that came with the Villagio.

Sorry can't figure out why the image is sideways
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211120_161433.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	349445  
muddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2021, 08:55 AM   #2

What is the fridge model#? To orient pictures I use XnviewMP, however Windows photos allows you to orient pictures too. Your saved pictures may be oriented by opening the desired photo, use the toolbar to modify the picture, then save it. The program should ask you if you want to save or replace the original.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 07:00 AM   #3

Hey its a Norcold polar series N10DCSSR 12v only unit.

In my photo gallery the picture is correct. I have also tried to rotate it and saved it and it didn't help

Norcold N10DCSSR Polar-Series 10 cu.ft. DC Compressor RV Refrigerator with Stainless Steel Doors - Right-Handed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YYX4TZG/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_W2XJP1GZE3W5VBWYCZQP?_en coding=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-25-2021, 04:50 AM   #4

Some systems insist that all photos be wider side-to-side and narrower top-to-bottom, and will then rotate the picture accordingly.

Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:18 AM   #5
chs

So I'm guessing that you had to make the opening bigger. Do you have any photos of the transition or at least the old one in place. My heater is below our frig, but there is a storage cabinet above.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #6

Old fridge

Hey, yes had to remove the png sensor which was relocated 12" to the right in the bed box. Then we cut out all the cabinetry wood under the old fridge square to the old opening all the way to the vinyl flooring. Cut out about 3/4 all the way around the old fridge and raised the microwave 1.5 inches. Installed a new 1/8 stainless steel plate for the fridge to sit on and screwed it to the frame. It can vent from the floor out the top. We ran a new 10g 12v line to the fridge and utilized the old fridge 115v in the main house. We insulated the old outdoor access panel and we just get back from a trip to St Louis and it worked amazing... middle picture is not mine but it shows the page sensor. Only thing I wish this fridge had was a mounting flange around it. It is flush mounted and screwed from inside the fridge so my cuts had to be perfect or you would see it. I guess you could trim it out with wood
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20211129_172703.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	350121   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211129_173053.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	613.0 KB
ID:	350122  

Name:	20211128_151427.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	422.6 KB
ID:	350123  
Old 12-01-2021, 07:05 AM   #7
chs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddster View Post
Hey, yes had to remove the png sensor which was relocated 12" to the right in the bed box. Then we cut out all the cabinetry wood under the old fridge square to the old opening all the way to the vinyl flooring. Cut out about 3/4 all the way around the old fridge and raised the microwave 1.5 inches. Installed a new 1/8 stainless steel plate for the fridge to sit on and screwed it to the frame. It can vent from the floor out the top. We ran a new 10g 12v line to the fridge and utilized the old fridge 115v in the main house. We insulated the old outdoor access panel and we just get back from a trip to St Louis and it worked amazing... middle picture is not mine but it shows the page sensor. Only thing I wish this fridge had was a mounting flange around it. It is flush mounted and screwed from inside the fridge so my cuts had to be perfect or you would see it. I guess you could trim it out with wood
Thanks You very much. Nice detailing

Tags
install, led, norcold