RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #1

New Super C owners

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7167.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	497.5 KB
ID:	305267

2020 Nexus 35TSC

We have made the jump into the deep end of RV life. Though we are just weekend and vacation warriors we have outfitted it that we could stay a long while if needed.

Loving the huge commercial truck chassis, Diesel engine, and diesel generator. Only thing that really bugged me is the only thing the power inverter would run is the fridge, so had to add an extra to run the tv while cruising down the road.

We are loving it already!

[Mod Edit]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7167.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	497.5 KB
ID:	305268  
roamingokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Beautiful looking rig.

May you have many miles of smiles.
PABO05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #3

Nice, keep us posted as you get to use it.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:43 AM   #4

How was the handling? We brought a Jayco 27u last year on the ford e450platform and we aren't happy with the handling and thinking about going to the super c like yours.
Did you have sway problems, our starts at around 65 miles an hour. I have done every upgrade, and I am still not comfortable.

But I don't want to get a super c and have the same problem
amstier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the beautiful new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:18 AM   #6

From my experience it's not so much the chassis, it's the weight of the RV on it. In 2013 we bought a Dynamax Grand Sport 380. It was built on a heavy duty M2 chassis rated at 36,000 lbs. It was a beautiful coach and we loved the many things about it. However, like you described your experience with the Ford, we had a similar experience. It was like driving a large boat, any cross wind and it would sway and you would have to constantly make corrections. Imperfect road conditions could result in one wild ride. I changed out shocks, added steering assistance devices, changed tires, tire pressures, but nothing really worked. I decided to run the rig over a scale and found that wet it was only 2,000lbs under rated capacity. The other enlightening thing was the load on the front axle was light vs. what you would expect. After 5 years of ownership we were better educated and took our lessons learned to select the next coach.
My conclusion, watch out for coaches that are over or near the capacity of the chassis. Be very cautious of coaches with long overhangs behind the rear axle. I have attached a picture of the coach described above.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20140503_104123_048-1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	305743  
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #7

What vehicle do you have now? Just looked up the Haulmark and notice it has dual axles, how does it handle? I like being able to tow something behind the vechile so I am not ready to give up yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammond1980 View Post
From my experience it's not so much the chassis, it's the weight of the RV on it. In 2013 we bought a Dynamax Grand Sport 380. It was built on a heavy duty M2 chassis rated at 36,000 lbs. It was a beautiful coach and we loved the many things about it. However, like you described your experience with the Ford, we had a similar experience. It was like driving a large boat, any cross wind and it would sway and you would have to constantly make corrections. Imperfect road conditions could result in one wild ride. I changed out shocks, added steering assistance devices, changed tires, tire pressures, but nothing really worked. I decided to run the rig over a scale and found that wet it was only 2,000lbs under rated capacity. The other enlightening thing was the load on the front axle was light vs. what you would expect. After 5 years of ownership we were better educated and took our lessons learned to select the next coach.
My conclusion, watch out for coaches that are over or near the capacity of the chassis. Be very cautious of coaches with long overhangs behind the rear axle. I have attached a picture of the coach described above.
amstier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amstier View Post
What vehicle do you have now? Just looked up the Haulmark and notice it has dual axles, how does it handle? I like being able to tow something behind the vechile so I am not ready to give up yet.
The Dynamax pictured had a towing capacity of 20,000 lbs. We never towed anything more than the Jeep.
Our current coach is an 07 Haulmark. We found it in western Canada. One owner, garaged when not in use. It was just like new. I have replaced the tires and the complete entertainment system and TV's. As far as ride, there is no comparison to any other type of coach on the road. The super C's based on class 8 semi trucks are beasts. It drives like it's on rails, lots of power (515 hp and 1650 ft lbs torque), real engine brake and can tow up to 40,000 lbs. The coach has a 56,000 GVW and it weighs about 45,000 lbs wet and loaded. It does not wear you out driving long distances. We did a roundtrip Michigan to Arizona (4,300 miles) in late September and ran some 10 hour days. The ride is smooth and controlled. I especially like the safety, engine up front, brakes for a semi truck, real multi stage engine brake, suspension and drivetrain engineered for a million miles.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20200914_131810026.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	363.4 KB
ID:	305805  
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:40 PM   #9

Enjoy your new Nexus. We've had a really great time in ours. 50,000 miles including Alaska last year.

I weighed ours and reduced the air pressures. Handles like a dream now. Maybe that would help.

Good luck.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #10

Congrats that's a good looking rig!
Valor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
Enjoy your new Nexus. We've had a really great time in ours. 50,000 miles including Alaska last year.

I weighed ours and reduced the air pressures. Handles like a dream now. Maybe that would help.

Good luck.

What pressure are you running?
Old 11-03-2020, 09:11 AM   #12

I have Goodyear G661HSA 265/75x22.5 tires. These are a commercial tire. I found an inflation chart for an exact size RV tire which Goodyear makes.
rv_inflation chart.pdf

I weighed the rig fully loaded but without my little wife.

Name:	Scaled 20180217, full fuel, full water, empty tanks, no Jill.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	306799

Based on this, I run 95psi cold in the front and 85psi cold in the rear.

So far so good. Handling is as good as I can imagine. I've driven many trucks and many over the road miles.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by amstier View Post
How was the handling? We brought a Jayco 27u last year on the ford e450platform and we aren't happy with the handling and thinking about going to the super c like yours.
Did you have sway problems, our starts at around 65 miles an hour. I have done every upgrade, and I am still not comfortable.

But I don't want to get a super c and have the same problem

Sway isnít our issue, but the rear does ride on bump stops so creates a kinda rough ride.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
I have Goodyear G661HSA 265/75x22.5 tires. These are a commercial tire. I found an inflation chart for an exact size RV tire which Goodyear makes.
Attachment 306798

I weighed the rig fully loaded but without my little wife.

Attachment 306799

Based on this, I run 95psi cold in the front and 85psi cold in the rear.

So far so good. Handling is as good as I can imagine. I've driven many trucks and many over the road miles.

I need to weigh mine, but Iíve been running 90 everywhere