Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2022, 12:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
We have a 24', it has the corner bed. Which is a pain to make and one person has to slide out the end.

26' is the shortest I have seen with a island bed (walk around).

If you can, get to some dealers and get into as many as possible to see which will work for you two.

The longer the c the less ccc it has.
I have a 25 foot BT Cruiser with a queen island bed, walk araound, it has a small slide out and a murphy bed drops down and the bathroom is large as well.

Murphy beds give you a walk around bed in a small package.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2022, 07:27 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Well so much is going to be personal preferences based many factors, your needs,
, he should have ideas how the stuff works and what he likes or did not like ..

A Class C is a 2 bladed sword, a 30ft TT, vs 30ft Class C vs 30ft A. The Class C is a looser in some space , the drivers area eats a bunch up ...
The longer C needs a good AC if you need it and hit the hots states on summer..
In my 29footer I have a new 13.5 AC , no slides and it wortk,, runs hard but takes a 95+ day to mid 74-78.. but over a 100 it is tough, I need shade also..

Newer rigs are insulated better , may have thermo windows so these help in both heat and cooling.. again alot depends on your needs when RVing..

On board Genny is nice,, adding solar is king IMO. to atleast keep batteries and fair weatehr electrical working nicely when boondocking..

Slides are a must IMO, I dont have them, 2 people we are fine, add dogs or a guest, urgh..

Enjoy..
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 07:46 AM   #17

We love our 2022 Coachman Leprechaun 260DS. The one thing I did not think of before purchase is, what happens if the living room slide does not work? There is plenty of room to move without the slide out but, you cannot get to the stove and microwave with the slide in. We realized this one day into a 12 day trip when the slide would not go out evenly. One side worked, the other didn't. The kitchen should be accessible with the slide in. In retrospect, it was probably not the best time to buy as the factories were cranking them out as fast as they could. We have had multiple issues but they have been covered under warranty.
MamaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 02:36 PM   #18

26' Phoenix Cruiser 2351D. Two slides, one with a walk around queen and the other slide is the dinette area. As others this size, the slide must be out to use the bed. Other than that, we love it. Ideal for the two of us. And the manufacturer is wonderful to deal with for repairs, update and/or add ons.
Old 10-30-2022, 06:54 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I love my 24ft PC 2350S E350 with the Ford V10. It's got a the hard-to-make queen corner bed, but I've found I mostly sleep on top with just a plush blanket over me. You might prefer the 2 single bed floorplans.

I went with a Ford because I didn't want to have to worry about DEF (Sprinter/Mercedes) issues, gas fuel costs less than diesel fuel, finding service for a Ford is WAY easier than finding service for a Mercedes & the CCC is higher on a Ford.

I occasionally tow a 2014 CRV AWD with the NSA Ready Brute tow bar/braking system set up.

Coming from a 41ft diesel coach, I really like I can get into campsites I never could have even considered before. On the flip side, downsizing to this PC, there is very little outside storage. Basically just 1 deep drawer & 1 very narrow rear bay. I really had to decide what was necessary to carry.

My shower is tiny. Heck, my whole bathroom is tiny. I joke that just the shower in my Phaeton was the size of the entire bathroom in my PC. It's kinda true. My toilet is up on a pedestal, which I don't care for since I've got short legs. I don't loiter there or my feet fall asleep.

My PC is well made. Unfortunately, I can't speak about the newer PC's quality or the newer Ford engine. Many of the people who mf'd by PC left PC & started their own RV company. Ironically enough, their new ones look just like PC's.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:39 AM   #20

You are Spot-On NLOVNIT!

For the record....

2007 was the last year that model 2350 had the big outdoor storage compartment. The following year for 2008, Phoenix installed the 50/50 drawer that exists to this very day. Other differences change the relationship of the storage compartment to fresh water tank, done to improve over-all weight distribution.

Here is our 2007 PC-2350 outdoor compartment. We love the size. Our fresh water tank is to the left of this picture, positioned against the rear wall. That wooden box and tank I added, is for the on-board water system. It is not clearly understood in this picture, but the compartment goes deep to the bathroom. It holds a lot of stuff.

Here is the relationship of the compartment door to the motorhome.

You are also correct in that some former Phoenix employees started their own company called Hoosier Custom Cruisers. CLICK HERE to get to their website. I wonder how they are doing. From what I can tell, they currently offer only one model.
Old 10-31-2022, 01:59 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks, Ron. Hoosier Custom Cruisers, that's the name I couldn't recall. I'd think it'd be hard to compete with PC since they are, basically, PC clones & PC has the good reputation.

The 50/50 drawer Ron refers to is kind of nice. I like being able to pull it out to get to stuff rather than dig through front stuff to get to items in the back of a bay. However, being a drawer, it is slightly smaller than Ron's bay. Mine has a shelf on it that's on hinges & can be raised if you want to store taller items in that bay. Personally, I needed the shelf for items.

If you notice on Ron's bottom photo, his manual fresh tank fill door is to the rear of his storage bay. Mine is flipped. As Ron posted, this is due to them moving the fresh tank forward for more even weight distribution.

Also, on Ron's bottom photo, on that ledge above where the bay light is, that's where my fresh tank & hot/cold low point drain valves are. I much prefer them there rather than having to crawl under the RV to release those when it comes time to winterize.

My PC is in storage now. Next time I visit, & if I remember, I'll take a photo of that bay so you can see the available storing area.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:03 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Another Class C (or B+, depending on who you talk to), you may want to consider is Coach House, https://www.coachhouserv.com/.

CH has an excellent reputation for build quality. Their Platinum was my 1st choice, but they are like hen's teeth trying to find a used one.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:12 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had both the Tioga 24-D and a Jamboree 31-M. The Jamboree was our favorite. Great floor plan with a queen walk around bed and an entertainment center up front. Ours was an '05. After '08 they changed alot- not the same anymore. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2022, 10:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Also, on Ron's bottom photo, on that ledge above where the bay light is, that's where my fresh tank & hot/cold low point drain valves are. I much prefer them there rather than having to crawl under the RV to release those when it comes time to winterize.
FWIW: My picture of the outside compartment, shows the low-point drains on the floor. Here is a better picture of them. They would be in the way of storage, but we place the grill in its soft zippered bag which happens to go over the valves without a hassle. We got lucky there.

Tags
class c