Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2021, 02:09 PM   #1

Norcold N611 Replacement Model

Anybody have this info?

Norcold has a handy-dandy chart showing what new models replace particular
existing models - rather bass-ackwards if you ask me... but at any rate, none of their replacement units has a match to the N611:
https://norcold.com/product-conversion-charts/

Called them (Norcold) this am; I was caller #23; after I left a number to their automated call-back offer, a guy called me back about 2 hours later. He indicated the replacement is a Model N7X. OK, thanks. A 30 minute google search then turned up ZERO sites or companies with this Model for sale.

Called PPL RV; I have used them in the past, and they were ok to deal with. They indicated the replacement is a Model NA7LXR. I also found this Model listed on another website by another guy. PPL DOES hav this Model listed for sale. No one else.

Cross checked Camping World; they indicated it is a 7LX; both CW and Overtons have this model, bu tnot the N7X, and not the NA7LXR.

I have called Norcold back again; I am now caller #46. All the more...irritating as I am listening to the hold loop telling me what superb customer service Norcold has...

WTH. Any info appreciated.

Note: As I was talking with the rep the first time, he thought he placed me on hold, but I could hear the conversation; he was apparently training a new guy: "Now remember if someone does not have a Dealer Number, you cannot connect them to the Technical Service Dept". I questioned him about this when he came back to talk to me. He indicated this was correct; the Tech Dept will not support users of their product - only authorized dealers. Another example of "superb customer service", no doubt.

I never thought it would be so hard to give people money...
pago cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2021, 02:21 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I can't help you but I have the same Norcold, N611. Cools just fine but it is cheaply made and the door hinge snapped years ago. I was able to repair it with epoxy and a bolt.

I was considering going with Dometic when ours dies. Have you investigated that possibility? I would think dimensions would be similar.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:02 PM   #3

Hey baraff!
We have the same coach! Ours is a 2008 26A.
We just purchased this a couple weeks ago, and while in generally good shape... the fridge just looks awful; although it seems to cool ok, but other than a 1000 mile delivery, I have not tested it. The door hinge was (like yours) broken, and it looks like epoxied crudely. The bottom trim piece is broke in several places. The inner panel is separating from the outer door skin. The door liner (with shelves) is yellow-ish and literally has 1/4" round raggedy edge pieces broken out of it, and the main fridge liner has a big area that has separated from the casing, and it looks like someone has brushed rough epoxy over a large (18" tall x 6" wide") area. Add to that this is now 13 years old... and its time to replace it.

I subsequently found this guy:
https://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-na...ac-7-cubic-ft/

He used to be a Norcold Tech, and now sells and repairs. He indicates a slightly different model # than PPL RV - NA7LX. While a little higher price than the discount places, he has the tech (and the attitude) to provide support after the sale. That is worth it in my book. Interestingly enough, when I go to the Norcold website and search for NA7LX Installation Manual, they have (1) manual for the N7X, the N7LX, and the NA7LX.

I looked at the Dometic line briefly; but I am hesitant to change suppliers when I am trying to find as close a match to existing equipment as possible. Offsetting a vent line or a propane connection or a drain by as little as 1" can cause all kinds of headaches... Been down this road in other endeavors...

I spoke with an Indy RV repair place locally today; they actually prefer the customer to find the product, and then have them install; I guess this model number issue is a pita for them as well. He did give me some good things to check: good news is that the NA7LX looks like it will fit through the doorway of our 26A, after you remove the door, the latch, and a few other protrusions. On some RV's they have to start by removing the windshield...
Old 07-30-2021, 04:37 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll will be following along, as the fridge in our 26a is now at least 16 years old and these things don't last forever. I have already replaced the burner on it once. FYI: DON"T use compressed air to blow out the orifice! And, contrary to it's apparent construction, the burner orifice does not come apart. I found out the hard way and had to have one overnighted the night before leaving on a 3 week trip.
Anyway, the Aspect 26a is a good rig, built well. We have 104,000 miles on ours and while it is starting to show it's age in places it has been very reliable. Hopefully yours will be also!
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #5

All N7 Series models have same dimensions
See pg 5
https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploa...l-10-30-18.pdf

Norcold N6oo series have same dimensions
See pg 4
http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ion-Manual.pdf

Dometic/Norcold Conversion Chart
https://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-te...le-dimensions/
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pago cruiser View Post
Hey baraff!
We have the same coach! Ours is a 2008 26A.
We just purchased this a couple weeks ago, and while in generally good shape... the fridge just looks awful; although it seems to cool ok, but other than a 1000 mile delivery, I have not tested it. The door hinge was (like yours) broken, and it looks like epoxied crudely. The bottom trim piece is broke in several places. The inner panel is separating from the outer door skin. The door liner (with shelves) is yellow-ish and literally has 1/4" round raggedy edge pieces broken out of it, and the main fridge liner has a big area that has separated from the casing, and it looks like someone has brushed rough epoxy over a large (18" tall x 6" wide") area. Add to that this is now 13 years old... and its time to replace it.

I subsequently found this guy:
https://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-na...ac-7-cubic-ft/

He used to be a Norcold Tech, and now sells and repairs. He indicates a slightly different model # than PPL RV - NA7LX. While a little higher price than the discount places, he has the tech (and the attitude) to provide support after the sale. That is worth it in my book. Interestingly enough, when I go to the Norcold website and search for NA7LX Installation Manual, they have (1) manual for the N7X, the N7LX, and the NA7LX.

I looked at the Dometic line briefly; but I am hesitant to change suppliers when I am trying to find as close a match to existing equipment as possible. Offsetting a vent line or a propane connection or a drain by as little as 1" can cause all kinds of headaches... Been down this road in other endeavors...

I spoke with an Indy RV repair place locally today; they actually prefer the customer to find the product, and then have them install; I guess this model number issue is a pita for them as well. He did give me some good things to check: good news is that the NA7LX looks like it will fit through the doorway of our 26A, after you remove the door, the latch, and a few other protrusions. On some RV's they have to start by removing the windshield...
FWIW, the Norcold Guy is good. I needed some spare strike plates after one broke early on our DE/DC0061 unit. Shipped and delivered and I did the replace myself. If you hit a dead end in your project, try him.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:12 PM   #7

Norcold Guy pricing is one of the highest
Old 07-30-2021, 07:39 PM   #8

You often get what you pay for in life, as in RV service.
His service, support, shipping speed, and responsiveness to questions were flawless for me. I don't mind paying a little more for that.
Of course, YMMV.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
You often get what you pay for in life, as in RV service.
His service, support, shipping speed, and responsiveness to questions were flawless for me. I don't mind paying a little more for that.
Of course, YMMV.
So well said. I appreciate someone who actually knows what they are doing and telling you and if they help me, I don't mind helping them.

Charles
Old 07-31-2021, 02:23 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I learned a couple of years ago that NC has no support for customers. The reason is that it's a propane unit and safety is their concern. Anyway- I just ordered the 3 parts I needed to repair mine (same as yours).
Old 08-05-2021, 09:49 PM   #11

Update on The Norcold Guy

I had high hopes for this guy; ex Norcold Tech, a great website, glowing reviews on his site, deep knowledge based upon his blogs. Alas, communication skills and providing accurate sales info on the website (like "IN STOCK") are apparently not high priorities.

Long story short, several pre-purchase messages/call/emails went un-answered; should have been a hint that all was not right... . Eventually I purchased the "In Stock" Reefer; mostly because no vendors around here could get it in less than 4-8 weeks, and I ...blindly... assumed he is (probably) so busy that he only responds when a purchase is real. He immediately charged my credit card. The subsequent email then advised that he would be ordering the unit, and that "This is a special order refrigerator with a lead time around 4 weeks".

I advised by email that that was unacceptable; his website indicated "In Stock", and once he had charged my card, only then did he communicate that it was indeed, NOT in stock.

I emailed back and directed him to cancel the order based his website's false information, and to credit the card back today. No response.

I'll be calling my bank tomorrow to claw back the $1700, and keep hunting.

Note to others: do your homework dealing with folks/companies you do not know:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.thenorcoldguy.com
I seem to have forgotten that lesson.

Sigh.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #12

Quote:
I had high hopes for this guy; ex Norcold Tech, a great website, glowing reviews on his site, deep knowledge based upon his blogs. Alas, communication skills and providing accurate sales info on the website (like "IN STOCK") are apparently not high priorities.

Long story short, several pre-purchase messages/call/emails went un-answered; should have been a hint that all was not right... . Eventually I purchased the "In Stock" Reefer; mostly because no vendors around here could get it in less than 4-8 weeks, and I ...blindly... assumed he is (probably) so busy that he only responds when a purchase is real. He immediately charged my credit card. The subsequent email then advised that he would be ordering the unit, and that "This is a special order refrigerator with a lead time around 4 weeks".

I advised by email that that was unacceptable; his website indicated "In Stock", and once he had charged my card, only then did he communicate that it was indeed, NOT in stock.

I emailed back and directed him to cancel the order based his website's false information, and to credit the card back today. No response.

Sigh.
X2!!!
Old 08-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #13

Quote:
ceptable; his website indicated "In Stock", and once he had charged my card, only then did he communicate that it was indeed, NOT in stock.

Sigh.
I would also find sites that review that business and leave a factual but not vindictive review of those issues. If his site has reviews he probably filters them so you don't see the true picture.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, norcold, replace, replacement