Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2021, 05:41 PM   #1

Older Motorhomes in Private Parks

You guys are great btw.. New here and my very first post got 8 responses right away which is awesome! 😀 So another question... our motorhome is a 2004. It has very few miles on it and looks new on the inside and still looks very good on the outside.( graphics are gettimg a little faded) Does anyone with an older motorhome have problems getting into private parks that say your rig has to be less than 10 years old?? Appreciate any insight! 👍
Cyndir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2021, 05:48 PM   #2

This topic has come up here before a few times. Some parks are very ridged on this and others take a look out the window at it and say no problem. My 2007 Southwind looks like new and once asked about age I said take a look. End of discussion on that subject and I'm in. It's just to keep the junk out most of the time.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We never had a problem when our Bounder was over 10 years old. It had the full body paint, we kept it neat/clean & it was stored under an RV port for 10 of the 13 years we owned it. Looked brand new. Only once were we asked for a current dated photo & we passed their "sniff test".
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:52 AM   #4

Last time I booked over by Tampa, I was asked how old my rig is. I replied it is a well kept vintage unit, I will send you a couple pictures! 94 Toyota!

After you spend some time in RV parks you will understand why some have this restriction! Not that many parks actually enforce it has been my experience
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:35 AM   #5

In Oregon and Washington you will have a hard time as I am finding out. They WILL NOT take anything older than 10 yrs if you are spending any time longer than a couple of days and then some parks won't take yo at all, which I find Ridiculous.
Sherrielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrielynn View Post
In Oregon and Washington you will have a hard time as I am finding out. They WILL NOT take anything older than 10 yrs if you are spending any time longer than a couple of days and then some parks won't take yo at all, which I find Ridiculous.
We've never had this issue in Washington, Idaho, Montana or Oregon. We typically do not stay anywhere but private parks in our now 21yo rig, which still looks decent btw.
Their parks, their rules.....
Simple solution, find another place to spend your money.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
When I had my 2005 Safari, they asked for pictures sometimes. Never had an issue once they saw it.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I got nothing!

Just helping to break your 8 reply record .
Old 02-17-2021, 01:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I got nothing!

Just helping to break your 8 reply record .
Well , Ben I think you should be outside taking a walk while the sun is shining .
Or are you just inside for lunch .

I know.

Coach was 10 YO when I bought it , and haven't had to pass a ten year test yet . But the 7 Feathers is the highest end park that I stay at 2 nights max .
Old 02-17-2021, 03:28 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our MH is a 2007, and is in pristine condition.

Only twice have I stayed at campgrounds where I knew they had 10 year restrictions.

The first one I sent pictures, and they said OK. The second time I just told them it was a 2011 and avoided the hassle. Side by side, who can tell the year!

BTW, my tow vehicle is 23 years old. No one ever asks about toads.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
It's not as much the age as the appearance. Our Windsor is 19 years old.
We've stayed at many parks with the 10-year rule and never been turned away yet!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:40 PM   #12

Several years ago DW made reservation at an RV park down San Diego that had cl c had a 10 yr rule so the wife sent pictures and we were approved. Got there and were disappointed to see that several of cl a, c and TT were way older than 10 yrs and their spaces were kept like the ones you'd see on side streets where homeless parked. We paid extra for the ocean view but only spend two days there then moved on. Didn't quite understand why they even had that rule.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, motorhome, motorhomes