Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2019, 10:06 PM   #1

On The Search Again

We cooled our jets on purchasing a RV for a while, but we are back on the hunt.

We have decided to go with gas because of multiple horror stories that I have read about issues with the Sprinters. Iím sure that there are many very satisfied Sprinter owners out there, but we have decided not to go in that direction.

Anyway, here is a list of our top 4 right now. I understand that all RVís will have problems, as we have owned travel trailers before. However, I know that there are some manufacturers that have a better reputation than others. So Iím asking for input about these four.

Model Mileage Price Length
2007 Coachmen Concord 235 SO 33k $36k 24í
2001 Dynamax Isata 24CB 41k $26k 24í
2005 Winnebago Itasca Cambria 33k $37k 24í
2011 Montclair 23RBS 37k $39k 22í
0ldmanx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2019, 10:12 PM   #2

When you're looking at units that old, condition and maintenance history trump everything. Manufacturer reputation and initial quality are important factors for late model units, but that Isata is coming up on 20 years old.

Something stored indoors by someone with enough time and/or money to stay on top of regular maintenance would be the best bet.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumline View Post
When you're looking at units that old, condition and maintenance history trump everything. Manufacturer reputation and initial quality are important factors for late model units, but that Isata is coming up on 20 years old.

Something stored indoors by someone with enough time and/or money to stay on top of regular maintenance would be the best bet.
Excellent point!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
why dont you wait a month when season is over for alot of people ,cheaper prices
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:02 PM   #5

I assume you've spent some time with the floor plans. The corner beds are a deal breaker for us. If you're set on a smaller one, I've seen barely used 2018s go for 45ish.
TRM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM1 View Post
I assume you've spent some time with the floor plans. The corner beds are a deal breaker for us. If you're set on a smaller one, I've seen barely used 2018s go for 45ish.
We are not in a hurry, and plan on waiting for another month or two when the RV summer season is down. We have already seen some amazing discounts at the dealers on new 2019 models.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:06 AM   #7

Yes, I think if you can wait a bit you'll be in a great position. The RV market is tanking and inventory is backing up. Good luck to you!
TRM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #8

I agree, you may do exceptionally well on a brand new unit.

But if you find yourself back looking at used ones, you might consider putting a Phoenix Cruiser 2350 - 24' on your search list. I personally prefer starting with model year mid-year 2004 or later to get the great entry door and rear wall with integrated spare tire compartment. If you jump a few years newer into a 2007, you get two batteries and a whole house inverter. If you go into a 2010 model year, the slide out includes the fridge for a more open floor plan.

Our 2007 PC-2350 (CLICK HERE TO SEE IT), has no slide out. We ordered it that way.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote