Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #1

Opinions Welcome on the Thor, Four Winds 31K MH

Am currently shopping for my very first MH. Although the purchase is a year off I'm looking at the current models as they will be the not- new to me unit I eventually buy.

My current favorite is the four winds 31k. I expect I will be traveling with my pets, and eventually towing some kind of toad.

Any comments, thoughts on this brand or model would be welcome.

Bonnie
Fulinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #2

I have a Four Winds 5000 with duel slides
30 ft. On Ford E450. No problems with either the coach or truck. Did some upgrades- Bilstein shocks-PD multistage converter-Fantastic fan. Very happy with it.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I have a 29 ft. four winds 5000, no slides. One thing I wish I had was a bigger shower. It's next to impossible to trun around in the shower, don't drop the soap :(. I tow a Honda CRV with my MH, No problems when towing we get about 9.5 mpg.
Camper 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Thor 31F was our choice

We purchased our first RV in April, and we love the floor plan of the 31F. It has a LOT of light, due to what we call the picture windows. The bathroom, which includes the shower, is accessible (through sliding doors) from the bedroom as well as the main part of the RV. The kitchen area is a bit small, but has been fine so far, and we appreciate the way the dinette and sofa are laid out. This summer we took two short trips, from Jacksonville FL to St. Augustine and on to Disney Fort Wilderness in Orlando. We had four adults and two young children with us, and everyone slept comfortably. The cab over bed was a real hit with the kids, who made it their secret hideout when we were camping.

Overall, we love the design. Good luck with your choice!
Infotogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #5

We bought the 2012 31k as our first motor home in July and love it so far! The only comment I have are that water pump was loud so we added a silencer kit that helped a little. We love the space for us and our 2 kids (9 and 10 years). I love all the basement storage and the layout. We also looked at the 31f but it seemed like there was more wasted floor space than in the 31k.
jwombacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor