Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2021, 06:11 AM   #1

Ordering from Leisure Travel Vans

Hi,

We are very interested in a Leisure Travel Vans Wonder RL AWD.

I spoke to my local dealer and they said it's a 3 tear wait with a 10k 50% refundable deposit.

I am actually ok with the wait as we are 2-3 years out from changing out our A, would also allow me to save the full amount.

The AWD versions are only new in 2020 and dealer reckons there won't be any used ones available in 2024 and if they are they will be at premium.

We have not looked at one yet.

Looking for any advice?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2021, 06:24 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am a retired military recruiter. Military recruiters were often lumped together with "Used Car Salesmen".

I can tell you - there IS no comparison - but an old adage comes to mind - - - "How can you tell when a salesman is lying? Every time he moves his lips.

There's another one specifically for vehicle salesman..."There's a butt hole for every seat!"

What I am saying is, think before you move.

If these RVs will be in such high demand in 3 years, why only give you 50% of your deposit back if you cancel & not the whole amount?

Not trying to be a Debby Downer - I just do not trust dealers as a whole - car, RV, etc.

Perhaps you can contact the manufacturer and see how long the wait for a new unit is?

Are there other dealers within a reasonable distance to you?

Goos luck!

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:47 AM   #3

Thanks,

I will call the manufacturer and i am waiting pending in the face book groups.

I hear you on not trusting dealers, there is one about 2.5 hours away

Obviously I would much rather a 100% deposit. I spoke to a other dealer for a different rig and they wanted a non refundable deposit which is crazy.

Thanks,
Old 09-25-2021, 09:57 AM   #4

Is it the dealer that wants a 10K 50% refundable deposit, or LTV? If the former, find another dealer that doesn't do that. If the latter, they likely do it to try to weed out the people that are less serious or are less confident of their financial situation, and so more likely to back out at some point over the next 2-3 years.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
Is it the dealer that wants a 10K 50% refundable deposit, or LTV? If the former, find another dealer that doesn't do that. If the latter, they likely do it to try to weed out the people that are less serious or are less confident of their financial situation, and so more likely to back out at some point over the next 2-3 years.

Has to be the dealer, I just watched a video on a LTV and they said you can cut and run at anytime because there is a line up of people for your unit.
RV_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:05 PM   #6

Thanks both,

It was a dealer that said it I will give LTV a call on Monday.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:11 PM   #7

The RV industry "boomed" this year with sales up and off the charts.

At the same time, we just returned from a month long RV trip out west. What struck me was seeing every RV center out-lot loaded up to capacity. That leaves me to believe the industry over-built inventory. I suspect next year could yield huge discounts on over-stock. Though LTV won't suffer the same, I suspect they will come down back to plant Earth and become more readily available.

I don't recommend putting money down on anything. Wait and see what happens next year. If not on a new LTV, maybe a lightly used one will come up for consideration at a much lower price. The same for any/every RV of every kind.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:10 AM   #8

Locally at least, most of the motorhomes on those dealer lots are waiting for service, not available to buy. There do seem to be some TTs and 5ers available now though.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:29 AM   #9

Our dealer wanted a 10% deposit. We negotiated it down to 2%. If you back out they have dozens of people that would gladly take your place.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:03 AM   #10

Personally, there is no way I would leave a 'non-refundable' deposit.

When I called the dealer to inquire about ordering, I was planning on an 8 month wait as that is what I had been reading for the Pleasure Way product.

So, I called the dealer to inquire, it just so happened that a customer had cancelled an order that was being shipped to their Texas dealer. The salesman said that if I committed to a $5,000 refundable deposit, he would have it diverted to the dealer closer to me as it was in transit from Canada to the USA. I agreed to the terms.

If there was anything that I didn't like, I would receive my full deposit back. I was lucky that this unit became available, it had all of the options that I would have ordered.

In my opinion, 3 yrs. is a long time to wait for an ordered unit. So many things could change (financial, health, economy, etc.).

Good luck and safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #11

Thanks Mark,

I don't like non refundable deposits either.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:03 PM   #12

We ordered a 2022 Wonder RL Lounge in August 2020. As you may know, LTV Wonder deliveries have been significantly impacted by a delay in receiving Ford Transit chassis. Additionally, because of the worldwide chip shortage, Ford assembly plant in Kansas City, who makes the Transit, has shut down production several times this year. I understand that Ford is currently operating one shift instead of its usually three.

LTV just released its recognition of Triple Diamond dealers. http://leisurevans.com/blog/ltv-anno...amond-dealers/ I would recommend that you order from one of these dealers. My deal included a $10,000 deposit with order with a non-refundable portion of $1,000. Once LTV assigns a VIN number, there is no refund. I will assure you that your dealer would have no problem on re-selling your Wonder, regardless of how it is configured.

Yesterday, I called our sales rep at Van City – St. Louis to inquire about delivery status. We are Number 6 out of 71 Wonder orders at St. Louis. Our sales rep said his gut feel is that we should get delivery sometime in 1Q 2022. He also told us that new orders are being quoted 24 – 30 months.
Contractor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:44 PM   #13

Thanks Contractor,

I decided not to go for the LTV and instead hold and see what other Transits come to market.
Old 10-01-2021, 04:49 AM   #14

2-3 years is a seriously long wait and I am sure they have their own reasons, but seems to me they need another assembly line.
RV_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel